New Form At Sam Kok Immigration Office

I did my one year "retirement" extension of my Non-O visa yesterday at Sam Koke Immigration, Pathum Thani. All went well. They came up with this new to me form. Looks a bit strange, like it's up for litigation of some sort. Perhaps volunteering for it??

Anyone up for a translation??

Anyone seen it at another Immigration office?

Mac

Bio form-1.pdf

Bio form-2.pdf

• 11 months later...

This form is a form used by the examining officer to prompt him/her to ask a certain series of questions of the applicant for retirement extension. The first part of the form is standard info about where the applicant lives and etc. But the last part is a "Question-Answer" scenario the officer is to follow. He asks the questions posed below, and you are supposed to give answers similar to the example answers the officer has on his form. I suppose that If you answer "correctly" (generally) you pass and get the extension. Here is a pretty good interpretation of the Question and Answer portion of the form (Q = Question asked by the officer, A = "correct" type of answer the applicant will probably give.)

Q - "Do you speak and understand Thai language or not?"

A - "I cannot speak and understand Thai. Please let it be English with (name of person) translating"

Q - "Where is your domicile, your place of residence, your profession?"

A - "My domicile and place of residence is at the address aforementioned (at the top of this form). At this time I do not have (conduct myself) in a profession."

Q - "Today why are you contacting Immigration?"

A - "I came to extend my stay in the Kingdom for another 365 days in order to live at the end of my life in the nation of Thailand."

(top of second page)

Q - asking info on where the applicant was born

A - fill in the blank form

Q - asking info on when the applicant entered the Kingdom, passport info, etc

A - fill in the blank form

Q - "How much is your monthly income (from work) and do you have funds deposited / pension or not?

A - "I do not have a monthly income (from work)" (then a big space to explain funds deposited, pension, etc.)

Q - "Is your money deposited / pension money sufficient for your living expenses or not?"

A - "My money deposited / pension money is sufficient for my living expenses without any problem."

Q - "What is the reason you desire to live the end of your days in Thailand?"

A - "Because I see that Thailand has low living costs, is a safe place both for my life and property, I therefore desire to live in Thailand in my later life."

Q - "Do you have anything to add more?" (I *think* the question is just a simple one of "Do you have anything more to add to what has already been said? But perhaps the officer is supposed to probe more into if the applicant has a way to add more funds / income into his/her life?)

A - "I do not have anything that will add more."

Q - "Have you ever had hate (wrath, rage, malice = meaning an extreme form of hate) towards someone in the past or not?"

A - "I have never had a reason to have hate (wrath, rage, malice) towards someone in the past."

Now the final instruction to the examining officer before he signs this form is:

"Having read and heard the answers (above) are correct, I am therefore ready to sign as evidence of this" (Then a place for the officers signatures)

Interesting form, thanks for sharing.

Morris (not the cat)

Edited by mojaco

I love it! The first question is to determine that the applicant can't speak Thai and then the applicant is expected to sign the form, which is written entirely in Thai!

Looks like all the "standard" questions they ask here in Chiang Mai. Perhaps they don't do many 12-month extensions due to retirement in the OP's province and this form was developed to assist the Immigration officers.

I love it! The first question is to determine that the applicant can't speak Thai and then the applicant is expected to sign the form, which is written entirely in Thai!

Looks like all the "standard" questions they ask here in Chiang Mai. Perhaps they don't do many 12-month extensions due to retirement in the OP's province and this form was developed to assist the Immigration officers.

I'm sure Chiang Mai does a lot more retirement extensions than Pathum Thani.

Mojaco, thank you for the translation.

NancyL, the way I read the translation, it is the immgration officer who signs the form.

Now the final instruction to the examining officer before he signs this form is:

"Having read and heard the answers (above) are correct, I am therefore ready to sign as evidence of this" (Then a place for the officers signatures)

At the bottom of the form the applicant signs followed by the signatures of the officers.

See the. "MR . . . ผู้ให้ถ้อยคำ". line

Edited by mojaco