The Netherlands To Help Ease Flooding In Thailand

webfact

But on a more serious note, our rice crop failed this year due to NO WATER. We live just south of Prakhon Chai and the whole village and surrrounding area had no rice crop to harvest at all. The governments answer to this -- thay gave each farmer a pig and one sack of feed . If that wasn't a big enough joke, if the pig dies, you eat it or sell it, you have to repay the government for the pig which they value at 200 baht, and give them back one sack of feed. Glad to see the boys in Bangkok have got their fingers on their pulses !

Seems to me Thailand had a team of experts in from Israel several years ago to help with irrigation procedures.

They ignored them and in all likely hood will ignore the Dutch.

It is not the Thai way.:(

The Netherlands, in its capacity as a world expert in dam construction and flood management, has been asked by the government to help with the problem. A team of Dutch technicians and Thai officials will be conducting a joint survey of provinces along the coast of the Gulf of Thailand until Friday.

The Dutch guys got lost while looking for a coffee shop. The joint survey makes perfect sense to me. Don't Bogart it...... Kaas Brood Win....:jap:

the government asked Israel for help. Israel is a nation that is expert on irrigation. The government ignored there recommendations. They were not the Thai way. I really don't expect any different reception with the Dutch recommendations.:(

I say let the bugger sink and move the capital back to Ayuthaya, while at the same time flattening all the modern crap that's gone up next to the ruins within the moat and have the new capital go up outside. ;)

Edited by jackr

While humor is often a nice way to lighten up the day it can surely be exaggerated. I am referring to all the comments about the Dutch and their supposedly greedy nature being based on nothing but air. The Netherlands is one of only few countries for instance that actually meets up with the international agreement to donate at least 0.7% of their gross national product to development aid. It also doesn't take a lot to persuade Dutch people to donate for private charity funds. In fact, Dutch tv stations, public and commercial, now and then host huge evening long shows for a particular fund, often soon after a national disaster somewhere on the planet. For instance right after the Haiti tragedy in January 2010 - which probably a lot of people have forgotten about already - raised nothing less than 83 million euros. That is almost 5 euros per capita! And no, there is no catch, not according to the donors at least. I am not saying all this money reaches its intended destination. In fact, I am quite certain is doesn't which is why I never donate in the first place. I merely intend to give a more realistic view on Dutch mentality.

Edited by AgentSmith