Old Fashioned Kitchen Sinks

ThaiPauly

I am looking to buy one of the above, most of us over 50 remember what they look like, at least 20-30 cms deep and 40-50 cms wide.

They are making a comeback in the UK replacing the awful stainless steel ones.

But are there any stockists in CM

Thanks in advance if you can share anything you know with me or have seen them

I think only Kohler sell the cast iron type. Karat has some large ceramic ones suitable for a laundry room but may be prone to cracking. Here's Kohler Thailand's website:

http://www.th.kohler.com/onlinecatalog/product_similar2.jsp?item=14528&prod_num=17250X-1&img_name=17250_4_p.jpg&prodSection=|Kitchen sinks|&parent_id=38028

Not exactly the same but quite close, somewhat smaller than a belfast sink with the drainage to one side of the rectangle. For about 250 thb you can get one from the massive 2nd hand place in Nong Hoi on the Chiang Mai Lamphun road, about 75m north of the intersection with Mahidol road. Go all the way to the back.. there are about 10 or so stacked up there. We just picked one up today.

They are actually called ` Belfast sinks ` for some obscure reason , maybe try one of the `homepro outlets ` but I think you will be hard pressed to find here , more of a European style . not much help , sorry !

Actually it could well be a Butler Sink. Link.

Global may have something similar. Assuming there is one in CM.