What'S The Undumbest Thing To Do - Visa Kaput!

Thanks Davee - I'll check out Air Asia Plus.

As for it being all my own fault, my being arrogant etc etc etc...

Mah, stuff it. You're all right.

There's no such thing as extenuating/unforeseen circumstances which might mean someone ends up consciously overstaying, despite knowing their visa was up.

It's not possible that since every other aspect of life and work in Thailand, eg; occupational health and safety/opening hours for every other conceivable form of business/cost of this or that etc etc - is completely different to that in Western countries like Aus and the UK, that maybe a gov't office could pay someone ten bucks to process extensions on a weekend. That's just so far fetched it's crazy.

I can't remember seeing a ute/SUV crammed with twenty labourers roll past a cop car in Australia without issue, but I'm probably just being ignorant again.Our governments are pretty much identical now that you point it out.

PS My worst trait by far is that I take internet forum posts to heart no matter how evident it is that the posters are comple--- wait, no. Nevermind.

Bless you all.

Really.

Nothing but the finest, sharpest minds posting on Thai Visa.

PPS There were a few posts on this thread that were really helpful, in all seriousness, so to those guys I give a sincere thanks ;)

I've done the run to both Penang and KL and would def say going to Penang is the smarter option.

They can process a visa in a day, whereas KL takes 2 - and that's business days too, so if you got there on a Friday or a just before a public holiday the whole thing would take a lot longer.

Also, the burgers are better in Penang ;)

At least you didn't end up in Thai prison, eh Soi Ma? That would have been extremely un-"undumb"* dry.gif

*ie dumb