Formula 1 In 2011

wackysleet

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Times showing for coverage of the race this weekend on Star Sports don't seem to be live times. Has F1 been bumped for Wimbledon? That's how it looks.

I think it's on 106 (ESPN) Raceday 18:00 according to my mag, and qualifying is 1:00 am Sunday on Star Sports

Times showing for coverage of the race this weekend on Star Sports don't seem to be live times. Has F1 been bumped for Wimbledon? That's how it looks.

YES :realangry:! I have 'phoned True Visions about this and they tell me that quali will be shown at 22.30. (Even though the magazine and the guide on the actual TV show 1.00 a.m tomorrow) I am not happy.....

I've registered a complaint (or at least I hope I have :lol:), but doubt this will change anything in the future. If they do it once, they'll do it again.

Time to start looking for another supplier I think - heavy sigh.

Edited by F1fanatic

I think it's on 106 (ESPN) Raceday 18:00 according to my mag, and qualifying is 1:00 am Sunday on Star Sports

Do i understand correctly then that quali is being bumped, but race day isn't, and will switch to ESPN?

PS Thanks F1 for the heads up on quali time

Do i understand correctly then that quali is being bumped, but race day isn't, and will switch to ESPN?

PS Thanks F1 for the heads up on quali time

It might help if ALL of us F1 fans subscribing to True Visions, register our complaint that quali is not being shown live.

It might help if ALL of us F1 fans subscribing to True Visions, register our complaint that quali is not being shown live.

I would F1 if i thought it would make a blind bit of difference.

But, if few people complain - they WILL do it again....

Far better that they get LOTS of complaints. Perhaps this will make them realise that it is not a popular decision to delay F1.

When a company has such a monoply on broadcasting as Truevision then YOU will get exactly what THEY want to show you unfortunately.

I will just watch the race tomorrow on good old BBC, even ITV with it's poor coverage compared to the beeb is 10 times better than truevisions offering.

When a company has such a monoply on broadcasting as Truevision then YOU will get exactly what THEY want to show you unfortunately.

I will just watch the race tomorrow on good old BBC, even ITV with it's poor coverage compared to the beeb is 10 times better than truevisions offering.

How do you get this package? As far as I know (in Phuket) I have the option of Rawai Cable (:whistling:) or True Visions.

How do you get this package? As far as I know (in Phuket) I have the option of Rawai Cable (:whistling:) or True Visions.

F1. At the moment I am in London, after going to Monaco I went to watch the 24 hrs Le Mans then onto London where if all goes to plan workwise I will go to watch the British GP at Silverstone then return home to Lampang, about 80 kilometres before Chiang Mai.

Wacky - What can I say??? I'm so JEALOUS! :angry:

Meanwhile I'm going to miss out on the fun of SMS ing my best friend in the UK during quali, as our local supplier thinks Wimbledon is more important :realangry:.

So F1, you live in the paradise that is Phuket, actually I have some interests there and fly up once a month, sometimes stay a day or so at the Thara Patong beach resort & spa, just before Jung Ceylon on the opposite side of the road, great pool in there and breakfast is very good too.

David.

A little disappointing to have the front row locked out by the Bulls, especially at a place like Valenicia. Man, i hate the track. Usually even if the racing can be a bit processional at street circuits, they have a different sort of buzz, a different sort of excitement... but Valenicia is just dull. Might as well be racing on a bit of wasteland. Of course not helped by the attendance, which looked very low.

Anyway, as to the race, usually i would be feeling optimistic for Lewis to make an early move in the first lap and shake things up a bit, but i think he'll be cautious and this will be an opportunity for Alonso to exploit, who of course is in front of his home fans once again. (Never have understood why the European GP takes us back to a country we've already been to - i guess it just comes down to wording though. Valencia GP should by rights be called Spanish GP 2, but then people would say hey, why do they get two GPs. FIA cunningly change the name to European GP and hope nobody realises! Germany used to of course get the benefit.)

Enough of that, here's hoping for an exciting race. Hope DRS, KERS and the tyres help give us something better here than we have become used to.

So people, Sebastian does it again and was to be expected I think, excellent result for Ferrari, maybe they have turned the corner now but not so good for Maclaren, looks like they went backwards in the developement stakes this week.

Impressed with young Alguesari { bet I spelt that wrong} do hope he keeps his seat for next year.

Not sure if anyone has already heard but tomorrow there is a meeting to finalise the greener engines but 17 Formula 1 tracks will pull out of F1 racing and switch to Nascar with an Australian official apparently having the proxy vote for all circuits except China and Korea and has stated that they will pull out, they are prepared to argue that unless the 1.6 litre engines are run at 18.,000 rpm and not the proposed 12,000 then they will leave, that would definitely put the cat amongst the pidgeons.

So the after race show thought Schumi and Petrov was a racing incident. I thought it was Schumi being Schumi. As for the tracks decision, what I miss that I watched at every opportunity in the UK. Is the nip and tuck of the the touring car races. May be the circuits decision may be the push that FOTA need to break away.

So the after race show thought Schumi and Petrov was a racing incident. I thought it was Schumi being Schumi. As for the tracks decision, what I miss that I watched at every opportunity in the UK. Is the nip and tuck of the the touring car races. May be the circuits decision may be the push that FOTA need to break away.

I also watch the Touring car races and it is quite exciting and of course very close.

Yesterdays race with Michael, well actually I believe he made a stupid mistake for a driver of his experience but saying that, it would appear with certain types of tyres that were being used some teams were getting wheels locking up either front or back and suspect that what was working well on one compound was not so good on the other, just a thought so in fairness I think it was perhaps the right decision. Now if he had been fighting for a podium then perhaps your right, christ I cannot believe I am defending him, Jenson I thought made a very good move on Nico but on the whole I was disappointed with the Maclaren cars.

I cannot believe for one moment that Monaco would be at all suitable for Nascar racing or come to that some of the other circuits, but what if FOTA do decide to go with the circuits and pull out and start their own series, China and South Korea could easily be left out in the cold with a big vacant parking lot, still Tesco's may move in and build a store, but on a serious note I think faced with this ultimatum of losing the venues then the company that own the rights could never service their massive debt so surely they must capitulate and keep the engine size as it is, and if FOTA did announce and really meant it that they would set up their own series that would do the trick.

Of course I think that whatever we may think of Bernie, he is a very shrewd business man and everyone has benefitted from his input and to set up a comparable deal would take time and could well be impossible, the smaller teams in particular could not survive without that cash input and the top teams would feel the pinch too, no racing = no sponsorship.

European GP, what next Asian, Oceanian. Slater spent half the time telling us what a great circuit it is. Ok scratch that, he does that for every track

I think that track is probably the dullest in the calender. On the roads around the docks and an industrial park, not exactly world class is it?

Hi Bry, welcome back. Trouble is with DRS we now have 2 evenly matched cars switching places every other lap. I'd much prefer a making a passing manoeuvre stick race.

The switching of positions is what makes it really more interesting, like MotoGP, instead of a procession.

Edit: I'd rather get rid of KERS.

Edited by PattayaParent

European GP, what next Asian, Oceanian. Slater spent half the time telling us what a great circuit it is. Ok scratch that, he does that for every track

I think that track is probably the dullest in the calender. On the roads around the docks and an industrial park, not exactly world class is it?

Certainly the dullest and lacking in atmosphere of other circuits I have been to but admit not to having visited all.

I think there must be other venues better suited than Valencia that are more scenic and would bring in a bigger audience, The Paul Racard circuit could well be back on the programme.

I

Schumi admitted it was his fault - his brakes locked I think so he was unable to slow down quickly enough to avoid hitting Petrov. Only Schumi suffered ( IIRC but I found the race so boring I may have dozed off....), so no problem.

I'm beginning to understand why non-Schumi fans found the 2001-04 seasons so boring! At least we've had a couple of good races this year where Vettel's car/tyres 'let him down' in the last few laps, and a few more, where the fight for the podium finishes were electrifying.

Hopefully, Valencia was just one of the 'few' boring races this year.

Slater's highlight of the weekend "Ooh they lifted the bridge so a cruise ship could pass." That belongs in his list along with the freight train passing the track in Canada. :lol:

Mine was the reprise of last season's race and Alonso's teddy out of the cot moment. :cheesy:

I have been looking to see what the outcome was of the F1 circuits decision to pull out of Formula 1 after mondays meeting with the FIA if they the FIA does not back down on increasing the revs on the new soon to be introduced 1.6 litre engines from 12,000 to 18,000, for something as important as this, news and info is scarce if not non-existant.

I'm beginning to understand why non-Schumi fans found the 2001-04 seasons so boring! At least we've had a couple of good races this year where Vettel's car/tyres 'let him down' in the last few laps, and a few more, where the fight for the podium finishes were electrifying.

http://www.thenational.ae/sport/formula-one/webber-is-stuck-in-reverse-at-red-bull

Quite an interesting article here by Johnny Herbert.

I think it's very true that Vettel's dominance has been in part due to him stepping up his game, but also further exaggerated by Webber just dropping by the way side. What has happened to the man? He always used to be known for his fighting Aussie grit and determination, but these days he just seems to have given up, at least in terms of challenging his team mate. The Championship is suffering for it, not that i suppose Vettel or even Red Bull care much about that.

By rights, going on the car's performances, i think in Valenicia the final finishing positions should have been the Bulls one and two, the Ferraris three and four and the McLarens five and six. Alonso and Lewis over-achieved and Webber and Massa underachieved.

http://www.thenation...rse-at-red-bull

I think it's very true that Vettel's dominance has been in part due to him stepping up his game, but also further exaggerated by Webber just dropping by the way side. What has happened to the man? He always used to be known for his fighting Aussie grit and determination, but these days he just seems to have given up, at least in terms of challenging his team mate. The Championship is suffering for it, not that i suppose Vettel or even Red Bull care much about that.

By rights, going on the car's performances, i think in Valenicia the final finishing positions should have been the Bulls one and two, the Ferraris three and four and the McLarens five and six. Alonso and Lewis over-achieved and Webber and Massa underachieved.

I agree with most of what you say Rix but I do think people in general are being unfair to Sebastian, he is very talented and yes he does have probably the best car but lot's of drivers that have won the WDC have been in a similar position in that regards and don't let us forget that last year for the latter part of the season there were 5 drivers in contention and against a lot of doubters he still came through at the finish even though my preferred driver only managed second position.

Actually I have to smile when I read/hear people saying Sebastian cracked under pressure from Jenson into making a mistake, yes he made a mistake but whether it was down to pressure i'm not so sure, could we not say that when a driver on his hot lap get's it wrong that he did not succumb to the pressures of qualifying near the front, a mistake is just that, a mistake.

With Mark and his lack of front running this season, albeit still joint second, perhaps he has adopted a defeatish attitude after last season when he was probably favourite in the latter stages to take the title and knows in his heart that that was probably his last chance to get the WDC, he now and upto a point last seaon appears to have become rather surly in his attitude to the team and his team mate, no problem after all they are competiters but his attitude and remarks he has made concerning the team has not done him any good, last season you may remember that I commented on the inadvertantly left cover on Jensons car where you said that it was not a conspiracy and I agree, but this season Mark has and to be fair, others too that his car has not been that reliable compared to Sebastians, ie Kers not always working plus a few other problems but young Vettel has been having as much trouble with his Kers as Mark has and not had a little whinge but got on with the job and the results speak for themselves.

Edited by wackysleet

http://www.thenation...rse-at-red-bull

I agree with most of what you say Rix but I do think people in general are being unfair to Sebastian, he is very talented and yes he does have probably the best car but lot's of drivers that have won the WDC have been in a similar position in that regards and don't let us forget that last year for the latter part of the season there were 5 drivers in contention and against a lot of doubters he still came through at the finish even though my preferred driver only managed second position.

Actually I have to smile when I read/hear people saying Sebastian cracked under pressure from Jenson into making a mistake, yes he made a mistake but whether it was down to pressure i'm not so sure, could we not say that when a driver on his hot lap get's it wrong that he did not succumb to the pressures of qualifying near the front, a mistake is just that, a mistake.

With Mark and his lack of front running this season, albeit still joint second, perhaps he has adopted a defeatish attitude after last season when he was probably favourite in the latter stages to take the title and knows in his heart that that was probably his last chance to get the WDC, he now and upto a point last seaon appears to have become rather surly in his attitude to the team and his team mate, no problem after all they are competiters but his attitude and remarks he has made concerning the team has not done him any good, last season you may remember that I commented on the inadvertantly left cover on Jensons car where you said that it was not a conspiracy and I agree, but this season Mark has and to be fair, others too that his car has not been that reliable compared to Sebastians, ie Kers not always working plus a few other problems but young Vettel has been having as much trouble with his Kers as Mark has and not had a little whinge but got on with the job and the results speak for themselves.

Agree with all of that bar one thing. The Red Bull isn't probably the best car, it is the best car, by some margin. They keep back some in reserve on certain occasions, like practice, qualifying, and when leading races, but if and when they need to, they can up the pace. Well, at least Vettel manages to, and yes, some of that is down to his own skill, which is unquestionable, but it also has to do with the car. And yes again, Vettel is no different, almost all World Champs have coincidentally been the ones driving the best car on the grid. Exceptions are few and far between.