Rentry Permit On Tourist Visa?

Yes. A re-entry permit is 1,000 baht single entry or 3,800 baht multi entry.

You are aware that it will not add any additional time to your permitted to stay?

On a sixty day tourist visa entry it would allow you to leave after 5 days, spend 5 days somewhere else, and return for the remaining 50 days (plus extension if you decide to obtain an extra 30 days for 1,900 baht. It does not add any time to the current permitted to stay period.

It is valid till till you have used it and not after the day your current permission to stay ends.

Sorry to hijack the OP's post, but this is relevant to me.

I have a multi-entry tourist visa (currently on first of 3 entries). The "validity" of the visa is through July 15. I am planning to be outside of Thailand from April through June and will thus not use my second entry until sometime in June.

Based on your post, it seems I am able to use my third entry AFTER July 15, is that a correct interpretation? I've been told that it is OK by the Consulate in the US that granted the visa, but they said some people have encountered issues with immigration where they want you to use all entries by the last day of the visa's validity.

Thanks for any clarification

It is valid till till you have used it and not after the day your current permission to stay ends.

Sorry to hijack the OP's post, but this is relevant to me.

I have a multi-entry tourist visa (currently on first of 3 entries). The "validity" of the visa is through July 15. I am planning to be outside of Thailand from April through June and will thus not use my second entry until sometime in June.

Based on your post, it seems I am able to use my third entry AFTER July 15, is that a correct interpretation? I've been told that it is OK by the Consulate in the US that granted the visa, but they said some people have encountered issues with immigration where they want you to use all entries by the last day of the visa's validity.

Thanks for any clarification

You need to make all entries before July 15th, on each entry you would be stamped permited to stay 60 days. A re-entry permit simply keeps the permission to stay from being canceled upon departure but it would not add any days.

Edited by beechguy

Is that so? Of course, my own permission to stay is an extension of stay, far beyond the original visa. In my case, your advice applies.

But I understand the OP is on visa stay, and he will be able to stay 30/60/90 days (depending on the visa), counting from the day of arrival. The only restriction is that he has to arrive within the validity of the visa. I don't think he is on an extension of stay.

Am I mixing up something here?

You need to make all entries before July 15th, on each entry you would be stamped permited to stay 60 days. A re-entry permit simply keeps the permission to stay from being canceled upon departure but it would not add any days.

This posting arrived over here after I submitted my previous posting. Yes, I see it the same way, except that the re-entry permit could increase the number of entries. If it is three entries in the original visa, and he is on his third, the re-entry can give him one (or multiple) entries more, as long as he arrives within the validity of the visa.

A re-entry permit is issued for the same period as your current permitted to stay time (stamp you receive on arrival or extension of stay) - to use it you must return before that date - it adds no time to that date.

A visa is never valid for entry after it expires, regardless of the number of entries it potentially allows.

A re-entry permit is issued for the same period as your current permitted to stay time (stamp you receive on arrival or extension of stay) - to use it you must return before that date - it adds no time to that date.

A visa is never valid for entry after it expires, regardless of the number of entries it potentially allows.

That's what I said.

It's unfortunate that you don't quote the posting you are replying to.

I was trying to provide a simple and helpful rule that would be understandable rather than attacking other posters who may also intend to be helpful.

If it is three entries in the original visa, and he is on his third, the re-entry can give him one (or multiple) entries more, as long as he arrives within the validity of the visa.

Your statement above (and above my post) was wrong. It has nothing to do with the validity of the visa if on final entry but everything to do with the current permitted to stay allowed. The visa could be expired and he could still return with a re-entry permit if within the permitted to stay time.

what is required in Pattaya besides 1000 baht and the application form? Photographs, copies of the visa/passport? Is a plane ticket required?

copies of passport and photo i believe, no plane ticket. collect a form as you enter, the staff there will help.