Student Attempts Suicide After She Discovers Her Mother’S Relationship With Foreigner

Rimmer

Student attempts suicide after she discovers her mother’s relationship with foreigner

PATTAYA: -- A Thai Woman, saddened over the fact her Mother had initiated a relationship with a foreign man, attempted to take her own life on Tuesday Morning. Rescue Workers were called to the Molwitha Traditional Thai Massage Shop on Pattaya Beach Road in front of Soi 13/1 in South Pattaya and assisted Khun Anongnat aged 18 who was lying on the floor and foaming at the mouth.

Full story HERE

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2011-03-01

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Farangaphobia?

Sad story, she's lucky she survived. So I guess the subtext of this is that the girl thinks her Mama is a prostitute? If so, that could be very upsetting to a young person.

Edited by Jingthing

Farangaphobia?

Sad story, she's lucky she survived. So I guess the subtext of this is that the girl thinks her Mama is a prostitute? If so, that could be very upsetting to a young person.

whatever - a sane person would act differently.

yes i also vote she probably realized her mother had been working as essentially a prostitute at the massage shop

on the end of one of the most popular sois with boy bars, girl bars and a-go-go bars, and that is wasn't strictly

that she was offended her mother had found a regular caucasion man where she might possibly exit this lifestyle with.

Farangaphobia?

Per the head of the Tourism Authority of Thailand, we must all remember that there is no prostitution in Pattaya :whistling:

Caucasian? No mention in the news item about the color of the foreigner.

A very unusual reaction to a very frequently seen fact of life.

None of the above posts explain it rationally.

Just a thought: could it be jealousy?... or resentment of competition on mother's side?

Not a totally impossible situation given the geographic locale. At least this would be a rational explanation of the seemingly irrational act.B)

Just a thought: could it be jealousy?... or resentment of competition on mother's side?

Not a totally impossible situation given the geographic locale. At least this would be a rational explanation of the seemingly irrational act.B)

Very good point. Also the description of the girl found foaming at the mouth could indicate she was having an epileptic fit.

Very good point.

A very good point??!!?? Are you for real? That comment is possibly the most stupid thing I've ever read on TV and that's saying something. A young, beautiful 18 year old Thai woman 'jealous' of her Mothers Farang Pattaya boyfriend. Maybe if he were Brad Pitt. In the far more likely case that he is of similar 'physique' and social skills to Pattaya's usual sexpats then I'd say the odds of jealousy being a factor in her attempted suicide are about the same as that of a retarded chicken randomly typing the above message on backsoon's keyboard.

I hope she recovers from this ordeal and doesn't lose the plot so quickly again in the future.

Very good point.

A very good point??!!?? Are you for real? That comment is possibly the most stupid thing I've ever read on TV and that's saying something. A young, beautiful 18 year old Thai woman 'jealous' of her Mothers Farang Pattaya boyfriend. Maybe if he were Brad Pitt. In the far more likely case that he is of similar 'physique' and social skills to Pattaya's usual sexpats then I'd say the odds of jealousy being a factor in her attempted suicide are about the same as that of a retarded chicken randomly typing the above message on backsoon's keyboard.

I hope she recovers from this ordeal and doesn't lose the plot so quickly again in the future.

Maybe mama still has it and stole her byfriend?????

I am afraid I have been here long enough to have little regard for standards in Thai journalism.

The story states that the daughter attempted suicide due to discovering her mother had a foreign boyfriend. The story suggests this information came from "staff at the shop". Surely the only person who truly knows why suicide was attempted is the daughter herself. Perhaps the staff at the shop (not exactly reliable sources of information themselves) took this opportunity to cast slurs on the mother and move themselves up a notch in the Molvitha Massage Parlour pecking order. Who is to say? Did the journalist confirm this story with the mother, the daughter or even the unnamed foreigner? I very much doubt it. The paper is more than happy to just print malicious tittle tattle as fact.