Free Long Stay In Thailand

Hi all,

i am from Europe, have been married with thai wife for 6 years we have lived in london and i have lived in thailand for nearly two years legally but money issues brought me back to UK,

I am original Portugese,

Now i have no money or decent job to support my thai wife and our thai two kids in the UK as a sole income, as my wife just cannot get any work in UK,

Heres the main question( is there a way any way that i could stay in thailand long term? Human rights? Paternal rights? any way? i miss my kids so much, its becoming unreal, can anybody please help?

i know my hopes of a free long term visa are low but there may be a hole somewhere,

thanks

Sorry about your bad luck.

For any real long term visa you will need money in a Thai Bank account within the next couple of months. The easiest option is to get Tourist Visas (free at the moment) will give you 90 days+, then you will have to do a Visa run.

Also in your Post it reads like the kids are with you in the UK, then you go onto say how much you miss them.

Beano I think it is just the way he has written it. He is Portuguese remember. I think he is saying that the job he has in the UK doesn't pay a lot to send to his wife and kids back here in Thailand.

A hard one to call. All you can do is work all you can and find a cheap way of living whilst there. Save your money to get back here and even if its just for a year or so on a Non O visa, it may give the UK a bit to get back to normal after the down turn.

Good luck.

Op wants to stay in Thailand long term.

Based on his marriage he can get a multiple non-O visa, good for 1 year. It gives unlimited entries into Thailand during that year, but each time you can not stay longer than 90 days at a time. Than you have to leave the country but can come back the same day. By leaving the country and re-entering just before the visa expires you can get almost 15 months out of it.

Thai immigration will give a 1 year extension of stay if you cna show:

400,000 baht in a bank account in Thailand for 2 months

OR

an income of 40,000 a month (can be from abroad.

If you can't show this, you have to get a new non-O visa. A multiple non-O is available in Kuala Lumpur if one can show 100,000 in the bank. Otherwise a trip to Australia or Europe will provide a new multiple non-O without showing any money in the bank.

Op wants to stay in Thailand long term.

Based on his marriage he can get a multiple non-O visa, good for 1 year. It gives unlimited entries into Thailand during that year, but each time you can not stay longer than 90 days at a time. Than you have to leave the country but can come back the same day. By leaving the country and re-entering just before the visa expires you can get almost 15 months out of it.

Thai immigration will give a 1 year extension of stay if you cna show:

400,000 baht in a bank account in Thailand for 2 months

OR

an income of 40,000 a month (can be from abroad.

If you can't show this, you have to get a new non-O visa. A multiple non-O is available in Kuala Lumpur if one can show 100,000 in the bank. Otherwise a trip to Australia or Europe will provide a new multiple non-O without showing any money in the bank.

Hello Mario! Regarding the non-O in Kuala Lumpur, is that visa available to anyone who can show 100,000THB in the bank?

Can that visa be gotten by a USA citizen or a Cambodian citizen alike as long as the amount is in a Thai bank account? Is marriage to a Thai a precondition for obtaining that visa in KL?

Thank you for your kind attention to my questions.

Pisico