Bangkok Bank Charges

Bangkok Bank say the max fee for inbound Intl Wire Telegraphic Transfers is 500b. (moving scale min 200b max 500b)

But that is Bangkok only according to my local branch that is out of Bangkok, they the charge the 1020b fee per 1 mill. I find this hard to believe, my local branch has been wrong on many things before.

Can anyone confirm this please?

I think you will find it is 20 Baht to transfer between provinces. That is what K Bank charge.

Have you asked your bank to explain all the possible methods of transfer across provinces.

For example UOB seem to offer:

- 'Standard' electronic (instantaneous) transfer, with a fee of course

- 'BankNet' electronic transfer, which takes an hour or so (so they say, but in relaity it took about 2 minutes, ssveral times), at much reduced fees. But it seems this method is only available up to lunch time on each banking day.

I've also had different explanations from local branches (especially BBL), then called HO and got a third different explanation.

I know that many people seem to be somewaht negative about UOB and they don't have as many branches, but we have found them to be excellent and consistent.

That does seem out of line & High.

Because as you said it is a max of 500 baht for international transfers.

Dont forget though that there is also (in the case of US trans to BB Thailand ) a $20 charge on top of the 500THB so roughly 800THB total

You did not say what country you are transferring in from

But here is the US> Thailand fees

http://www.bangkokbank.com/Bangkok%20Bank/Personal%20Banking/Transfering%20Funds/Transferring%20into%20Thailand/Receiving%20Funds%20from%20USA/pages/receiving%20funds%20form%20usa%20fee.aspx

Here are the UK> Thailand fees

http://www.bangkokbank.com/Bangkok%20Bank/Personal%20Banking/Transfering%20Funds/Transferring%20into%20Thailand/Receiving%20Funds%20from%20UK/Pages/Fees%20terms%20conditions.aspx

We can confirm that charges relating to International transfers into Bangkok Bank attract the fee of min 200 baht, Max 500baht no matter which part of the country the funds are destined for.

This is over an above charges applied by the overseas Bank.

The Branch would appear to be quoting the cost of transferring domestic funds internally between regions.

The account number used for any transfer is your local office so there should not be added charges as it is not deposited into Bangkok first and then transferred. Not sure if that would still be the case for special US Government direct deposit accounts.

I think you are wr

I think you will find it is 20 Baht to transfer between provinces. That is what K Bank charge.

They charge the same as Bangkok Bank - 20 baht plus 10 baht for every 10k up to 1,000 baht

http://www.kasikornb...ults.aspx?k=fee

I think you are wrong on this. I think your comments relate to inter-bank transfers within Thailand. I believe the OP is talking "Inward Payment" costs i.e. funds sent via SWIFT to Thailand. Here, there is a maximum of 500 Baht 'handing charge'.

I understand that and agree - but the inter province fee from K-Bank is the same as Bangkok Bank. The post said it was only 20 baht which is incorrect.

Sorry Lopburi but I think you are confusing SWIFT payments received into Thailand and domestic inter-bank transfers. The charges you quoted apply to the latter, the OP was referring to SWIFT paymenrs received - for these, there is a 20 Baht charge to 'transfer' from Bangkok to, say, Buriram i.e, internal cross-province.

That does seem out of line & High.

Because as you said it is a max of 500 baht for international transfers.

Dont forget though that there is also (in the case of US trans to BB Thailand ) a $20 charge on top of the 500THB so roughly 800THB total

You did not say what country you are transferring in from

But here is the US> Thailand fees

http://www.bangkokba...0usa%20fee.aspx

Here are the UK> Thailand fees

http://www.bangkokba...conditions.aspx

Where you mention "....a $20 charge on top of the...", you must be talking about transferring over over $50,000 through the Bangkok Bank "New York" Branch (i.e., using their routing number). When transferring lesser amounts say $100.01 to $2000.00 it's only $5 per the US>Thailand fees link above. Then there is the in-Thailand receiving Bangkok Bank fee of 0.25% (200 baht min to 500 baht maximum). Any other fees are from the home country Sending bank like a SWIFT/wire/ACH transfer fee. I frequently transfer amounts from the US via ACH (no Sending bank fees) to a provincial Bangkok Bank branch and the only applicable fees is the Bangkok Bank "NY" Branch fee ($5 or $10 depending on the amount I send) and then the 0.25% (200 baht min and 500 baht max) on the in-Thailand Bangkok Bank end. And ditto when when sending money to my other Bangkok Bank account at the Silom, Bangkok branch.

Where the OP talks about about a 1020 baht fee for 1 million baht transfer and looking at the fees on the Bangkok Bank webpage, that pretty much matches their fees for an "inter-region transfer" from one Bangkok Bank branch to another Bangkok Bank branch. Their page states:" - CSR: Transaction fee 20Bt + inter-region fee 10Bt for every 10,000Bt (min 10Bt, max 1,000Bt)

http://www.bangkokba...es/default.aspx

But this transfer fee would only come into play if the OP was first sending the money from the home country to any Bangkok Bank branch, and then transferring the money from that Bangkok Bank branch to another Bangkok Bank branch in another region.

Pib, post 47 , is correct. Where money comes directly from your Bank overseas to Bangkok Bank it will be directed to any place in Thailand for the fee structure of .25% with a Min 200 baht and Max. 500 baht.

If however funds come to Bangkok Bank via a third party Bank in Thailand, for example HSBC, with instruction to credit an account it becomes a domestic currency transfer and additional fees apply.

Pib, post 47 , is correct. Where money comes directly from your Bank overseas to Bangkok Bank it will be directed to any place in Thailand for the fee structure of .25% with a Min 200 baht and Max. 500 baht.

If however funds come to Bangkok Bank via a third party Bank in Thailand, for example HSBC, with instruction to credit an account it becomes a domestic currency transfer and additional fees apply.

Assume you mean post #4. My #14 post basically said the same thing about the the Bankgok Bank receiving fee of 0.25% (200 baht min, 500 baht max) for inbound international funds transfers, along with the inter-region transfer fee which may apply if the member sends money from his Bangkok Bank account to another Bangkok Bank account (possibly his or someone elses) in another region.

Edited by Pib