Extend Or 30 Day Non-visa Entry

The third and last entry of my TR visa runs out on 25th December before which time I will go to Nong Khai where I have two options, visit immigration office and pay 1900 baht for 30 day extension or go over the bridge into Laos for 1500 baht and re-enter on a 30 day non-visa entry stamp.

It is my intention to return to UK early in the new year to obtain a non immigrant 'O' visa but it is a concern that I read on this site that some people are being refused re-entry by non-visa stamp. I have not got 'a history' of non-visa entries as all of my previous entries to Thailand have been on multi TR visas.

At this festive time of year I am inclined towards the Laos option where I can spent the 400 baht I save on 5 bottles of Lao Whiskey and 24 cans of Beer Lao from Duty free shop.

What is the likelyhood of a problem by opting for the 'cheap booze' option? Should I head for immigration office, bearing in mind that these are 'uncertain times'. Any advice welcome. :o

Have you got some special booze deal with Thai customs ? No restrictions ? dr_Pat_Pong

No special deal, but I always do my visa run through Nong Khai and the Customs check point (a metal table) is mostly unmanned. I usually bring back beer and Lao whiskey (5 bottles 100 baht!) and even when manned the customs have not (as yet) made any attempt to stop me. I am always on foot as I pass through and of course there is only so much you can carry so maybe the Customs officials are looking for the mini-bus loads of Thais that cross over to Laos and back each day. CHEERS! :o

Chose the 'Booze, non-visa entry' option, went to Nong Khai on Christmas Eve, returned with 24 cans of Beer Lao and 5 bottles of Whiskey Lao (total cost 460 Baht!). No problem with the immigration officer (he wished me Merry Kissmas), Customs post unmanned. HAPPY NEW YEAR :o