View New Posts

lappami1

Can I somehow select the forums I want to follow so that when I click "view new posts" I wouldn't see all the forums, only those I am interested in? Always when I check new posts I get 10 pages of topics and only a few of them are worth reading or worth comments.

I don't really have a comment- wuz just surfing loads of new posts and ended up here... :D

Ok, ok, maybe subscribe to the topics you like to monitor (untill the new intuitive version of Invision board which somehow senses only what you like and blocks out the rest comes on stream;)

Good luck! :o

Can I somehow select the forums I want to follow so that when I click "view new posts" I wouldn't see all the forums, only those I am interested in?

There’s a slightly roundabout way of doing what you desire.

Step 1: When logged on and while viewing a thread you wish to follow, go back to the top of the page (Ctrl+Home on the keyboard).

Step 2: In the tool bar immediately above Post #1, click on “Track this topic”

Step 3: Select your option and click on “Proceed”

Step 4: At the top of the page, in the second tool bar, click on “My controls”

Step 5: In the left frame, in the section “Subscriptions”, click on “View Topics”

Step 6: In the list of “Current Subscriptions”, the colour of the folder indicates whether the subscribed topic has new messages – dark colour = new message, light colour = no unread message (just like in the forums). Put a shortcut to this URL on your desktop.

Step 7: Henceforth, simply click on the shortcut on your desktop and your are brought directly to the page with your subscriptions.

Can I somehow select the forums I want to follow so that when I click "view new posts" I wouldn't see all the forums, only those I am interested in?

There’s a slightly roundabout way of doing what you desire.

Step 1: When logged on and while viewing a forum you wish to follow, go back to the top of the page (Ctrl+Home on the keyboard).

Step 2: In the tool bar immediately above the first Topic Title, click on “Subscribe to this forum”

Step 3: Select your option and click on “Proceed”

Step 4: At the top of the page, in the second tool bar, click on “My controls”

Step 5: In the left frame, in the section “Subscriptions”, click on “View Forums”

Step 6: In the list of “Your Forum Subscriptions”, the colour of the icon on the left of the forum name indicates whether the subscribed forum has new messages – dark colour = new message, light colour = no unread message. Put a shortcut to this URL on your desktop.

Step 7: Henceforth, simply click on the shortcut on your desktop and your are brought directly to the page with your subscriptions.