Briton Beaten To Death By Motorcycle Gang In Thailand

Buchholz

Apparently three Thai guys on bikes followed him home & beat him up. His Thai wife was responsible for reporting the death to authorities but never made a song & dance about it. Pretty easy to see what the real story is.

Actually I don't see what the real story is, can you explain further? Is there an implication that they were hired assassins?

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What ya all never heard of outlaw motorcycle clubs.The moto is one for all and all for one.Where i'm originally from if ya get A outlaw

biker,1% pissed off get ready to get your a__ kicked or worse.There are outlaw clubs in Thailand.

There are no Outlaw bike gangs with Thai peoples... Outlaws are usually in Australia... Thai bike gangs usually ride around on Honda 150 bikes..and usually drunk or high on Yaa Baa and Ice... these guys fight a lot between themselves, Poor Essex guy was just in the wrong place at the wrong time...!! Thai gangs whoever they fight, show no mercy and are very cruel . Bikers or locals.. Just do not get into a fight with even the smallest Thai person.. always walk away... Sticks and Stones..

I knew Peter (RIP)

I have seen the CC TV video.

Unfortunately it is not good enough to get a good description of the assailants other than they were Thai's

At least he knocked one of them for a six before the week arse Thai's bashed him over the head and then laid the boot in.

The one that he hit went flying backwards and landed on his back. I would suspect a broken jaw.

3 guys 2 motorbikes. His wife came running out as the arse holes just took of.

I suspect something to do with his building work or his missus????^_^

That's very frightening... How did you see the video? Which part of Pattaya he lives? .... How is the case now? Open with no movement? As least, he was brave ... ... RIP... real SAD :(

Edited by dunkin2012

odd there hasnt been any mention of this in the local Pattaya news.

Ah clearly false reporting then!

Never happened!

This is by no means the first time that we have learnt about foreigners being killed in Thailand by the foreign press with little or nil reporting of the event here in Thailand.

There was the case of the Australian who was recently gunned down and killed outside his house in Petchabun. It got a brief mention on a Thai TV news channel and then disappeared without trace. No Thai or English language press covered the story.

I am not a conspiracy theorist but I do wonder if there is some government imposed, or even self imposed censorship on such news stories to protect 'The good name of Thailand'.....

Let's see, a bunch of Thais kicking a single farang to death........This is the oldest running story in Thailand, no need to even start Thai bashing there. :-) What I would like to add is a bit of street smarts. He is sitting in his car, the best weapon of all versus some tricked out 125 cc scooters. What he should have done is exchange insults from his car, and if things turned really bad, he should have started ramming their bikes with his car. As soon as he stepped out he was toast....Just saying.... :whistling:

police are treating his killing as 'death by assault' but have so far not a made any arrests

Why not manslaughter? Don't tell me, "death by assault" is a lesser crime applicable to the death of farangs.

No.

There is no 'manslaughter' (as it is known in the West) charge in the Thai judicial system.

Firstly, my condolences to family and friends of the man who lost his life.

My sentiments exactly about manslaughter. You must leave your judicial western thoughts back at the airport you left if you are moving to any other country. They do not exist. There is no Global "uniform" law. This tragedy is not a "Thai no respect of foreigner" event. This sounds like a bad situation and could happen anywhere in the world.

I have read this hundreds of times in the US. Guy could have said something, flipped them off, told them he would kill them, more words exchanged etc. There is little information about what happened. I put very little credibility in any media forum. They all lie, embellish, exaggerate and make stuff up. I think best course of action here or anywhere in the world is stay in your car and just go home. Regardless his death was not legal and the wrong doers should be punished. Of course just like in East Palo Alto, Compton, Bronxs, it is not likely the locals will step up and point a finger.

That may be because he died on January 12th and got into the altercation in late December of 2010. So, you would need to go back near 3-months to search for the story.

For all I know Thais have already been bashed by posters regarding this story back in January wink.gif

That's the interesting aspect of this situation. There is no back thread on this killing. It happened back then, but nothing was reported either here in Thaivisa or in any local media I've looked for.

a crap sensationalist headline - likely three young men on one Honda scooter

hardly 'bikers'

hardly a 'gang'

It's what the few articles that have written and described the events reported them as.

If you have differing information, it'd be nice if you shared it.

It doesn't necessarily have to be a bunch of Hells Angels on 1200cc Harley choppers to constitute being described as a motorcycle gang. The roving gangs of youthful motorcyclists on much smaller bikes deservedly are also referred to as a motorcycle gang.

like, for example,

The Problem Of Teenage Motorcycle Gangs

Edited by Buchholz

Thais avoid confrontation on the road all the time. A good example is the bikers who always nod to show appreciation for cars, etc, who let them through. Even though there is some terrible driving and Thais will cut you up all the time and jump ahead whenever there is a gap, but the 'avoid direct confrontation' always prevails. While you might not agree with this way of road manners, its always best to follow the local ways when in a foreign country. Work out how they drive and fit in with it. I have biked in Vietnam and Indonesia and the driving style varies in each country; if you don't fit in with the local style, you will be in the wrong when something happens.

The 59-year-old from Basildon, who had been living in the country and working as a builder

i thought that 'occupation' was on the CANNOT do list for foreigners in Thailand...... unsure.gif

I would respectfully suggest CAN/CANNOT is very academic and a little pedantic. Guy just died. Compassion?

That may be because he died on January 12th and got into the altercation in late December of 2010. So, you would need to go back near 3-months to search for the story.

For all I know Thais have already been bashed by posters regarding this story back in January wink.gif

So... this is in Pattaya.... I should have known..........

It's been a couple of moths though...

But I don't get anything ..............from the local media. I shop in FOODLAND central Pattaya after 21.00 pm every weekend......

to avoid any problem.. I don't go to concerts and pubs. I know some areas in Pattaya are pretty rough......

The articles consistently mention Chonburi as his home and where the incident occurred.

While that could still mean it was actually Pattaya, but if was actually Muang Chonburi, that would account for the lack of any coverage by the Pattaya papers. They very rarely venture outside those confines.

Thais avoid confrontation on the road all the time. A good example is the bikers who always nod to show appreciation for cars, etc, who let them through. Even though there is some terrible driving and Thais will cut you up all the time and jump ahead whenever there is a gap, but the 'avoid direct confrontation' always prevails. While you might not agree with this way of road manners, its always best to follow the local ways when in a foreign country. Work out how they drive and fit in with it. I have biked in Vietnam and Indonesia and the driving style varies in each country; if you don't fit in with the local style, you will be in the wrong when something happens.

Good advice. Not easy sometimes but your words are wise. Happens in all countries but as guests we must be even more aware.

Jai yen.

hardly 'bikers'

hardly a 'gang'

It's what the few articles that have written and described the events reported them as.

It doesn't necessarily have to be a bunch of Hells Angels on 1200cc Harley choppers to constitute being described as a motorcycle gang. The roving gangs of youthful motorcyclists on much smaller bikes deservedly are also referred to as a motorcycle gang.

like, for example,

http://www.thaivisa....torcycle-gangs/

I still think it a bit disengous that you choose to title the op "motorcycle gang". When I read both poorly written articles in the links provided i see "gang on moter bikes,

and yobs."

Edited by dananderson

Apparently three Thai guys on bikes followed him home & beat him up. His Thai wife was responsible for reporting the death to authorities but never made a song & dance about it. Pretty easy to see what the real story is.

Perhaps if that information was from a reliable and credible source, which, at present, it is not, it would add to the situation.

Edited by Buchholz

So... this is in Pattaya.... I should have known..........

It's been a couple of moths though...

But I don't get anything ..............from the local media. I shop in FOODLAND central Pattaya after 21.00 pm every weekend......

to avoid any problem.. I don't go to concerts and pubs. I know some areas in Pattaya are pretty rough......

The articles consistently mention Chonburi as his home and where the incident occurred.

While that could still mean it was actually Pattaya, but if was actually Muang Chonburi, that would account for the lack of any coverage by the Pattaya papers. They very rarely venture outside those confines.

Yes, that could be the explanation why there were no reports on this incident when it happened. There are often similar reports in the Thai and Pattaya local news, I strongly doubt there is a conspiracy to sweep any news stories under the carpet.

hardly 'bikers'

hardly a 'gang'

like, for example,

http://www.thaivisa....torcycle-gangs/

I still think it a bit disengous that you choose to title the op "motorcycle gang". When I read both poorly written articles in the links provided i see "gang on moter bikes,

and yobs."

The title reflects the news article headline, not something I wrote. Read Post # 2's headline again.

If your horizons are broadened as to what a motorcycle gang refers to, that's probably a good thing.

The more we learn, the better.

Edited by Buchholz

One thing ........

I do think most Farangs live in Pattaya more than in Muang Chon....

Muang Chon.is an industrial city.... ..

My assumption

He might live in

1.Muang Chon and got attacked (Muang Chon ) there....

2..Pattaya and got attacked (Muang Chon ) there...

3.Or Pattaya and got attacked in Pattaya, if it's this one we should hear anything from the media.

Edited by dunkin2012

Has anyone considered suicide?

I tried it once but it didn't agree with me??

jb1

You are in the wrong forum. Try one that is predominantly for Thai folk. They attempt suicide every time that they take to the road.

One thing ........

I do think most Farangs live in Pattaya more than in Muang Chon....

Muang Chon.is an industrial city.... ..

My assumption

He might live in

1.Muang Chon and got attacked (Muang Chon ) there....

2..Pattaya and got attacked (Muang Chon ) there...

3.Or Pattaya and got attacked in Pattaya, if it's this one we should hear anything from the media.

I think you forgot...

4. Muang Chon and got attacked in Pattaya.

:(

Has anyone considered suicide?

I tried it once but it didn't agree with me??

jb1

You are in the wrong forum. Try one that is predominantly for Thai folk. They attempt suicide every time that they take to the road.

Yes and some times I try just a little to help them. :rolleyes:

jb1