Sophon Cable Internet--Latest Reports

gguy

I am in Pattaya near Big C extra and I used to get 1 mb/s downloads as I am on the 10mbit package, in the last month the connection is horrible. Can barely browse, download or do anything. I am thinking about cancelling or trying out the premium package. I just went with Sophon because all the other ones want you to sign a one year contract.

Just one question and not meant to be sarcastic, but have you complained to Sophon? as I have found their responses to problems to be excellent.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

]

Are you in Pattaya area with Sophon? I'm in Jomtien using Sophon "fiber" for 9 months now... was great going on the big package 5 Mbps Premium for 1700B monthly but lately gone to hell.

They are switching IP addresses constantly throughout the day during some periods of time... usually lasts for days. Then speed comes back up

Do you have a static IP address with TOT service.... meaning the IP address never changes?

Yes, Pattaya darkside (Soi Kao Noi).

No static IP, as I don`t need this. Every 24 hour, I get a new IP

But Connection here is rockstable. No cutoffs, no ADSL disconnects, simply good (for thai standards).

But this depends on the location!

My former TOT line (Banglamung) was (except from good international speed) just crap. Some days 10-20 or more disconnects, especially on rainy days.

Just one question and not meant to be sarcastic, but have you complained to Sophon? as I have found their responses to problems to be excellent.

Their service staff is friendly and quick. But they can't fix something which is not fixable....

Their lines are highly "overloaded", as the service guy told me.

Means: 60! people share ONE (1) 100Mbit line....:bah:.. ridiculous. But Tit.....

When I cancelled my line, the office lady told me, "but to Bangkok servers the speed would be ok...":rolleyes:

I answered her: "Than you should not annouce to sell "Internet", but rather "Thainet"

I am in Pattaya near Big C extra and I used to get 1 mb/s downloads as I am on the 10mbit package, in the last month the connection is horrible. Can barely browse, download or do anything. I am thinking about cancelling or trying out the premium package. I just went with Sophon because all the other ones want you to sign a one year contract.

Yes called them but as the other guy said they cannot fix an overloaded line. They might also just be limiting me because I downloaded a lot when I got good speed. I was also getting a CAT message in my browser(Sophon resells CAT's lines) for a few days saying I went over the quota. I was never told of a quota and it isn't in the contract as far as I can see.

Their service staff is friendly and quick. But they can't fix something which is not fixable....

Their lines are highly "overloaded", as the service guy told me.

Means: 60! people share ONE (1) 100Mbit line....:bah:.. ridiculous. But Tit.....

When I cancelled my line, the office lady told me, "but to Bangkok servers the speed would be ok...":rolleyes:

I answered her: "Than you should not annouce to sell "Internet", but rather "Thainet"

It is fixable - with money. I've always forked out for the premium service and never had a problem.

Premium services cost about 5 times as much therefore few people report about it on here.

Don't be fooled by the numbers on the bargain basement standard services. Quality and reliability is more important than raw speed.