How Well Is Your Condo Managed?

wobblyjohn

For many years our condo has been poorly managed but as a new committee we are looking to get a property management company to take over the running of the condo

The two companies I am particularly interested in are PLM (Property & Life management) and QPM (Quality Property Management)

The condos I believe they currently manage in the Pattaya area are

PLM

Chom Talay Resort

Paradise Condominium

Pattaya Hill Resort

VIP condominium

Pattaya Condotel

QPM

Jomtien Condotel

Nordic Terrace

Nordic Residence

Residence 2

View Talay Residence 1 & 2

View Talay 2 A & B

City Smart

Royal Hill Resort Condotel

Can anyone who stays in these condos, tell me if life in these buildings has improved, or got worse since either of these companies took over, have they maintained the buildings well or not, do they recover unpaid common property charges do you feel secure and are your problems solved quickly

Or can anyone recommend another company who can work wonders with a building

Wobbly

View Talay 1 management is one of the best that i have met in Thailand.

This is one of the reason I think it's better to buy older condos where the management is good, because you never know what will happen in a new building and how the building will do after years.

VT 1 is of of the best deal at Pattaya Jomtien and for only 6000 thb fee a year, it's impressive,

(also the material used to build at VT 1 and 2 are better than material used to build new cheap condos...)

Edited by frenchfarangjomtien

Do you really need to pay a management company?

I have a condo at Jomtien Beach Condominium and AFAIK the condominium is managed by the co-owners elected committee.

"Do you really need to pay a management company?" No, but if the developer is the Juristic Person they will pay the Manager (and all associated costs to run the building) from the co-onwers dues.

The elected committee can not act like the Juristic Person. The committee must have appointed someone to be the Juristic Manager?

We had a Thai Management Company and they ripped us off every chance they got.

A Farang was then hired to replace them and it was amazing to see the progress in a few short months.

The Thais got rid of him and they are back to their old tricks off ripping off the residents..

• Like 1

We had a Thai Management Company and they ripped us off every chance they got.

A Farang was then hired to replace them and it was amazing to see the progress in a few short months.

The Thais got rid of him and they are back to their old tricks off ripping off the residents..

I assume that was a Farang owned management company, and not an individual?

Do you really need to pay a management company?

I have a condo at Jomtien Beach Condominium and AFAIK the condominium is managed by the co-owners elected committee.

"Do you really need to pay a management company?" No, but if the developer is the Juristic Person they will pay the Manager (and all associated costs to run the building) from the co-onwers dues.

The elected committee can not act like the Juristic Person. The committee must have appointed someone to be the Juristic Manager?

We do have, he is instructed by the management committee.

The thing is if you employ a company to manage your condominium their primoury interests are to make money for themseves.

• 10 years later...

QPM should be should be rebranded as BQPM = Bad Quality Property Management !!!!

The managers are incompetent, cannot solve simple problems!!! Their expertise are making unrealistic excuses.

Their engineers are experts in changing lightbulbs. 

• Haha 1

No condos will be well managed with very few renters/booking.com/airbandb coming to Pattaya anytime soon.

With a lot of expats leaving or stuck abroad, i doubt management fees are being paid.

Anyone who invested in a condo in Pattaya might as well have flushed their money down a toilet.

UK property capital values increasing at 10% plus per year.

Pattaya condos unsellable and unrentable.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

The problem is that even with a good management company the Thai co-owners do not want to spend money on maintenance or improvements and modernization. This is why condo buildings in Thailand depreciate every year and the reason the Thai's want to buy only new condo projects. Buying a condo in Thailand is a very bad investment however, if you want your own place to remodel and enjoy than that priority will supersede your lose of investment.

On 4/6/2011 at 3:01 PM, frenchfarangjomtien said:

View Talay 1 management is one of the best that i have met in Thailand.

This is one of the reason I think it's better to buy older condos where the management is good, because you never know what will happen in a new building and how the building will do after years.

VT 1 is of of the best deal at Pattaya Jomtien and for only 6000 thb fee a year, it's impressive,

(also the material used to build at VT 1 and 2 are better than material used to build new cheap condos...)

I used to live in VT1 and I certainly don't agree with you. I was there when they took over which tells you how long ago I lived there. I literately had to call the police on the management company. The condo above bathroom all of sudden starting leaking right on my water heater. Who ever owned it hadn't been there for years and management would not open the door to fix the leak. They would of rather the whole building burn down because of a electrical fire.

On 10/6/2021 at 4:15 AM, Cherrytreeview said:

Depends on the condo. In my place the prices rise each year since I bought in 2009 and you hardly can find one on sale. Owners mostly wealthy Thais from BKK, foreign ownership around 25%. Very well managed and maintained.

• Haha 2

On 10/6/2021 at 9:15 AM, Cherrytreeview said:

No condos will be well managed with very few renters/booking.com/airbandb coming to Pattaya anytime soon.

With a lot of expats leaving or stuck abroad, i doubt management fees are being paid.

Anyone who invested in a condo in Pattaya might as well have flushed their money down a toilet.

UK property capital values increasing at 10% plus per year.

Not quite, presumably you don't own a condo so don't know much about it. My condo 92% common fees received this year, non payers get taken to court by committee\management. My condo is well managed, could be  better but nothing like the doomsters suggest

If a condo is empty and an owner is abroad doubt they will pay maintence that probably not being done.

Never bought in thailand my experience with management co's as a renter was enough to put me off countless stories of comunal electic and other services never been paid and bill past on to owners.

20 minutes ago, tomyami said:

If a condo is empty and an owner is abroad doubt they will pay maintence that probably not being done.

Never bought in thailand my experience with management co's as a renter was enough to put me off countless stories of comunal electic and other services never been paid and bill past on to owners.

Plus your tied to something if CCP's finest decide to turn the condo beside you into a nightclub at the weekend.

The Base is full of them apparently.

What are you going to do?

Sell at a loss?

If you rent, you just walk and forfeit two months rent deposit.

2 hours ago, tomyami said:

there are not only 25 square meter condos in Pattaya. An no, I won't provide a link for this claim ????

“ In my ( Pattaya) place the prices rise each year since I bought in 2009 and you hardly can find one on sale.”

more fantasy fiction ….. concur with CherryTree on this…….

Pattaya must be the worldwide capital of condo delapidation & mismanagement….. …and sleaze….weekends there I get….. but what on earth is the attraction to actually live there ? ……ladyboys maybe ?

3 hours ago, JustAnotherHun said:

Depends on the condo. In my place the prices rise each year since I bought in 2009 and you hardly can find one on sale. Owners mostly wealthy Thais from BKK, foreign ownership around 25%. Very well managed and maintained.

Yes, yours is different.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

My condo is well managed, could be  better but nothing like the doomsters suggest

Congratulations... but, when it is bad, it is bad. Wasn't there a guy tossed off the roof for asking too many questions wrt where the money was going, a place down Arunothai?....From what I hear from my pals with condos, even where there is good management, there is always some scamming and dishonesty going on... 

14 hours ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

more fantasy fiction ….. concur with CherryTree on this…….

Pattaya must be the worldwide capital of condo delapidation & mismanagement….. …and sleaze….weekends there I get….. but what on earth is the attraction to actually live there ? ……ladyboys maybe ?

fantasy fiction? google "Saranchol" or "Silver Beach" and learn.

I am long enough in Thailand and Pattaya to know that most condos are badly managed and maintained. But who claims "all" has no idea or only knows the cheap charlie places behind third road.

What's the attraction to live there? Well, restaurants, supermarkets, short way to downtown, the compared to BKK much better climate (if you live right at the beach), sports facilities, golf courses and more.

Yes, Infrastructure is extremely bad. The streets, water and electricity supply, stinking chinese tour busses - all known. But this is SEA, not Switzerland you know.

And I confess, there are people who prefere to live in Issan's middle of the nowhere, who like to chat with their toothless neighbor about the deceases of his water buffalo, enjoy the cheap lao kao there and the shopping opportunities in mama's bamboo hut shop next door.

To each whar he deserves or likes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Fair Points JAH; each to his own indeed. but if you like the Pattaya setting, Phuket has everything that Pattaya /Jomtien has, plus way more, with higher standards ,cleaner, no flooding, less congestion, better seascape….great golf & sailing, nightlife, etc.

Nothing on the planet beats Walking Street at Night though…….

cant remotely understand the thinking of the up country expat crowd either……

love farming obviously …..afraid of open water perhaps ?

huge no- no to live in your wifes village for SO many reasons…….

• Like 1