Wait For The Zed,Or , Bite The Suzuki

rizla

Suzuki GSX-r or wait for the Z1000,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I put down a deposit on monday for the GSXR 1000, just to keep the 30,000 voucher offer on the show terms............the deposit is refundable..if i dont go thru with it...

Suzuki world phoned today to tell me they have a new financing deal at 3.7%, thought about 50% down payment and over 3yrs...or better to pay in a one`r ??.......OR the biggy, wait for the zed....and just one other thing , will the zed be (actually) built in thailand....or parts from japan assembled ?? oh and i read somewhere the zed will be non ABS....true or not? and if in the future they sell a lot of zeds the secondhand value might be affected too much like what we are seeing on the er6/650r`s sold privately......

...any input would help...thanks

Edited by rizla

The Suzuki GSX-R1000 is a completely different machine, it's better compared with the Kawasaki ZX10R. Nothing bad about the Kawasaki Z1000, especially if they will sell it at 595,000 THB as indicated at the Bangkok Motorshow. According to Kawasaki they will start selling the Z1000 in October, will the GSX-R1000, ZR10R and YZF-R1 are currently available.

The Suzuki GSX-R1000 is a completely different machine, it's better compared with the Kawasaki ZX10R. Nothing bad about the Kawasaki Z1000, especially if they will sell it at 595,000 THB as indicated at the Bangkok Motorshow. According to Kawasaki they will start selling the Z1000 in October, will the GSX-R1000, ZR10R and YZF-R1 are currently available.

Richard, who's selling the GSXR 1000? Link:

Thai Suzuki sells the GSXR1000 at a rather ridiculous price of 799,000 Baht considering how out of date the Gixxer is compared to more modern supersports:

http://www.thaisuzuki.co.th/suzukiworld/product_gsx.php

Red Baron sells the exact same bike (older paint scheme) for 131,000 Baht less:

110315-0000513.jpg

59 Bike also sells a lot of Gixxers both new and second hand: http://www.59bike.com/

shop-168-7575-0.jpg

http://www.59bike.com/product_item.php?id=168

Ride On!

Tony

Thai Suzuki sells the GSXR1000 at a rather ridiculous price of 799,000 Baht considering how out of date the Gixxer is compared to more modern supersports:

http://www.thaisuzuk...product_gsx.php

110315-0000513.jpg

59 Bike also sells a lot of Gixxers both new and second hand: http://www.59bike.com/

shop-168-7575-0.jpg

http://www.59bike.co...item.php?id=168

Ride On!

Tony

I hear what you are saying, but the suzuki world bikes are genuine imports, not built up here...redbarron and 59bike are both 09 bikes (k9)..suzuki world are k11`s...with a 2 year warranty.... the others only give you 3 months....

110315-0000513.jpg

shop-168-7575-0.jpg

Ride On!

Tony

I hear what you are saying, but the suzuki world bikes are genuine imports, not built up here...redbarron and 59bike are both 09 bikes (k9)..suzuki world are k11`s...with a 2 year warranty.... the others only give you 3 months....

Hi Rizla, do you know if they're unrestricted on the genuine imports?

Yes, Garry,

full power from suzuki world 185bhp......

Nice to know, as I'm thinking about a stablemate for my 999S. I'm not biased towards any one brand, but both of my dragbikes have been suzuki powered and the one thing I've come to learn, that with the right preparation, you can really put the hurt onto a Suzuki engine and it will come back for more. Thanks again for the info. B)

I was at the 2007 Isle of Man TT and the K7 is still one of my all time favourite GSXR's. Check out the photos I took of the Relentless team bikes. B)

DSC08225.jpg

DSC08224.jpg

DSC08223.jpg

Edited by Garry

The Z1000 is a naked bike. You need to deal with the wind factor when going at insane speeds. What do you really want the bike to do?

The Z is only a year old with new engine and new frames. It is at the start of the life cycle. This should help in the resale value department.

110315-0000513.jpg

shop-168-7575-0.jpg

Ride On!

Tony

Other than a different paint job the K9 is identical to the K10 and K11. Great bikes but in serious need of an update, which is coming with the K12.

FWIW Red Baron's new bikes are imported fully assembled. Dunno about 59 Bike. Considering most will immediately make mods to their Gixxers that will invalidate the factory warranty I'd take a brand new K9 from Red Baron and use the 131K Baht I saved on some awesome upgrades. I'd trust my bike to Red Baron's experienced professional mechanics over "ThaiSuzuki" which has only been selling big bikes in Thailand for less than a year and may or may not have staff that can service and repair the bikes they sell.

Ride On!

Tony

The Z1000 is a naked bike. You need to deal with the wind factor when going at insane speeds. What do you really want the bike to do?

The Z is only a year old with new engine and new frames. It is at the start of the life cycle. This should help in the resale value department.

Good points indeed.

Either bike will be silly fast, but I'm sure the Z1000 will be comfortable whereas the Gixxer will just destroy the racetrack.

Personally I'd get the Z1000, but that's because I'd want to commute/tour 90% of the time instead of having a superior track bike.

The Z1000 would still outperform my abilities on a track anyway.

I had a naked bike 2 years back and never wanted a windscreen cruising at 150kph.

If I was cruising at 200kph I'd want a fairing, but how often are you gonna do that?

I've loved the styling of the Z1000s since the 2003 model came out, and came close to buying one.

I think today's naked bikes look and feel cooler than their full blown sportbike cousins, but that's just my taste.

Something about seeing the engine and all the mechanical bits makes a naked bike cooler to me.

A faired bike really is like a "crotch rocket" since you can't see what's powering the thing.

Of course cleaning a naked bike is whole different story, a very long story.

Anyway I'm jealous, I wish I had this tough decision to make.

The world's smallest violin plays for you biggrin.gif.

Edited by ttakata

Other than the differences in ride comfort, the looks of a naked will out last the faired bike. Somehow a fairing bike will look dated after a few years. Then again, big bikers in Asia do change their bikes frequently, so no one really bothers about a bike looking good for that long.

People also not forget that you not have to wait until 2012 to get a Suzuki GSX-R1000 K12. Suzuki will likely introduce the new models after the summer...

Richard, what's the scuttlebut on what technology / goodies the K12 will come with?

People also not forget that you not have to wait until 2012 to get a Suzuki GSX-R1000 K12. Suzuki will likely introduce the new models after the summer...

Richard, what's the scuttlebut on what technology / goodies the K12 will come with?

K12 should feature Traction Control, Launch Control and Race ABS! If Suzie gets it right the new Gixxer K12 just might be the bike to challenge the BMW S1000RR for supremacy of the 1000 cc supersport class. :D

ps. I am NOT Richard!!! :lol:

Edited by BigBikeBKK

K12 should feature Traction Control, Launch Control and Race ABS! If Suzie gets it right the new Gixxer K12 just might be the bike to challenge the BMW S1000RR for supremacy of the 1000 cc supersport class. :D

ps. I am NOT Richard!!! :lol:

At what cost will the K12 demand...If it will take on the bmw i cant see it being the same price as the k11.......

Back to the bikes in stock at Redbarron......WHY does the one pictured Have different exhausts (not the yoshimura evo 4) than any k9 and up that i google, i phoned them and yes they say it is a K9, but it dont look the same....WHY....and how to proove it is a k9 ? thanks

Edited by rizla

Any idea if/when the K12 will come to Thailand?

At what cost will the K12 demand...If it will take on the bmw i cant see it being the same price as the k11.......

Back to the bikes in stock at Redbarron......WHY does the one pictured Have different exhausts (not the yoshimura evo 4) than any k9 and up that i google, i phoned them and yes they say it is a K9, but it dont look the same....WHY....and how to proove it is a k9 ? thanks

No doubt the K12 will be more expensive than the K9-K11. Since it's not been released yet it's anyone's guess what the price will be. Here in Thailand I'm sure it will be less than the BMW S1000RR.

What in the world are you on about the Yoshi Evo 4? That's an AFTERMARKET Motogp race replica system developed for Suzuki race bikes. :rolleyes:

The pics I posted of the K9's at Red Baron and 59 Bike are of brand new stock GSX-R 1000 K9's.

Funny, I used to think you knew something about bikes... :whistling:

01suzuki-gsxr1000-k9.jpg

Edited by BigBikeBKK

No doubt the K12 will be more expensive than the K9-K11. Since it's not been released yet it's anyone's guess what the price will be. Here in Thailand I'm sure it will be less than the BMW S1000RR.

What in the world are you on about the Yoshi Evo 4? That's an AFTERMARKET Motogp race replica system developed for Suzuki race bikes. :rolleyes:

The pics I posted of the K9's at Red Baron and 59 Bike are of brand new stock GSX-R 1000 K9's.

01suzuki-gsxr1000-k9.jpg

Have a look here http://www.suzuki-gb.co.uk/bike/gsxr1000l0/ These are what come as standard on the euro bikes, the same as on the k11 in suzuki world.... have you been to suzuki world to look at them in the flesh? now need to be cheeky about knowledge we all have to learn...it`s just that you state the other bikes are the same appart from colour....doesn`t look like that from the pics betwween k9/k11 ......

01suzuki-gsxr1000-k9.jpg

Have a look here http://www.suzuki-gb...ike/gsxr1000l0/ These are what come as standard on the euro bikes, the same as on the k11 in suzuki world.... have you been to suzuki world to look at them in the flesh? now need to be cheeky about knowledge we all have to learn...it`s just that you state the other bikes are the same appart from colour....doesn`t look like that from the pics betwween k9/k11 ......

Dude, don't be thick- the new K9's at 59Bike and Red Baron are still wrapped in factory packaging to protect the cans. Here- I was just at Red Baron this evening and snapped a pic for you:

RedBaronK9SSR.jpg

These Gixxers are full power Euro spec. They already sold one, I'm sure the other will go soon enough at that price.

In other EXCITING news Red Baron is importing a couple of 2011 Kawasaki ZX10R from the US!

nnnn.jpg

Race ABS, Traction Control and adjustable power modes should make the ZX10R a very competitive literbike.

Sport-Kawasaki Traction Control, or S-KTRC, represents a whole new level in the sport of motorcycling, and the traction control on the 2011 ZX-10R is straight from the MotoGP circuit and is the most advanced traction-control system in production bike history.

One is already sold, the other will hopefully be available for viewing in their showroom before someone snatches it up. Red Baron price- around 700k Baht WITH registration! Woohoo!

Let the Good Times ROLL!

Tony

It's awesome that real GP technology is trickling down to the common man.

ABS and traction control will come in really handy with such a powerful bike.

Maybe in 10-20 years, both will be standard on all motorcycles needing it.

I never thought we'd see ABS on such a low price bike like the CBR250, but its already here.

Kudos to Honda for paving the way for inexpensive ABS.

With ABS and traction control, I think a lot more people worldwide may be swayed to buying bikes as gas prices rise.

Then maybe the world's traffic problems will lessen, OK maybe in 20 years when gas is 300 baht a gallon.

I know more and more people in Los Angeles are riding motos and scooters already and that is the world's car culture capital.

My friend near Chicago says there's lots of people riding scooters even in the snowy Winter because they got DUIs and can't drive a car anymore.

Bet those drunk fools would love ABS and traction control.

Back on track, get the Z1000.

01suzuki-gsxr1000-k9.jpg

Have a look here http://www.suzuki-gb...ike/gsxr1000l0/ These are what come as standard on the euro bikes, the same as on the k11 in suzuki world.... have you been to suzuki world to look at them in the flesh? now need to be cheeky about knowledge we all have to learn...it`s just that you state the other bikes are the same appart from colour....doesn`t look like that from the pics betwween k9/k11 ......

Dude, don't be thick- the new K9's at 59Bike and Red Baron are still wrapped in factory packaging to protect the cans. Here- I was just at Red Baron this evening and snapped a pic for you:

RedBaronK9SSR.jpg

These Gixxers are full power Euro spec. They already sold one, I'm sure the other will go soon enough at that price.

In other EXCITING news Red Baron is importing a couple of 2011 Kawasaki ZX10R from the US!

nnnn.jpg

Race ABS, Traction Control and adjustable power modes should make the ZX10R a very competitive literbike.

Sport-Kawasaki Traction Control, or S-KTRC, represents a whole new level in the sport of motorcycling, and the traction control on the 2011 ZX-10R is straight from the MotoGP circuit and is the most advanced traction-control system in production bike history.

One is already sold, the other will hopefully be available for viewing in their showroom before someone snatches it up. Red Baron price- around 700k Baht WITH registration! Woohoo!

Let the Good Times ROLL!

Tony

NO NEED to call me thick, is their a reason for this comment.............i just wanted some positive proof that the bikes were 2009 bikes k9`s, and all i did was show you from my side what i could see from the pictures, obviously you were not too sure either, or were you just passing by redbarron....anyway I kneel to your knowledge.....or kneel to the fact that you live in the mango and can go and look at these bikes at a whim......oh and it would appear they do have the evo`s (replicas, if thats what they are, fitted, like in my link of the euro spec bikes)

Now we move on, (please dont give any of that small man sydrome, or red neck stuff).........................what colour is the remaining zx10, and gsxr that RB have left.....and what in you`re humble opinion would be the best deal.........i`m not that sure on the build quality of the zx10.....

Edited by rizla

NO NEED to call me thick, is their a reason for this comment.............i just wanted some positive proof that the bikes were 2009 bikes k9`s, and all i did was show you from my side what i could see from the pictures, obviously you were not too sure either, or were you just passing by redbarron....anyway I kneel to your knowledge.....or kneel to the fact that you live in the mango and can go and look at these bikes at a whim......oh and it would appear they do have the evo`s (replicas, if thats what they are, fitted, like in my link of the euro spec bikes)

Now we move on, (please dont give any of that small man sydrome, or red neck stuff).........................what colour is the remaining zx10, and gsxr that RB have left.....and what in you`re humble opion would be the best deal.........i`m not that sure on the build quality of the zx10.....

I call 'em like I see 'em. I live just down the road from Red Baron and stop in often.

Today I was picking up new parts for my Gixxer that I crashed on Monday-

April6thBustedUpK5SSR.jpg

I didn't ask what color the 2011 Ninja ZX10Rs are but hopefully they are Kawasaki Green. :D

The remaining GSXR K9 is the one I took a picture of in my previous post.

Do you even know what the Yoshimura Evo 4 exhaust looks like? Here it is on a Gixxer 750 for your reference:

2010-suzuki-gsx-r750-limited-edition-25th-anniversary-1-1024x699.jpg

Ride On!

Tony

Now we move on, (please dont give any of that small man sydrome, or red neck stuff).........................what colour is the remaining zx10, and gsxr that RB have left.....and what in you`re humble opion would be the best deal.........i`m not that sure on the build quality of the zx10.....

I call 'em like I see 'em. I live just down the road from Red Baron and stop in often.

I didn't ask what color the 2011 Ninja ZX10Rs are but hopefully they are Kawasaki Green. :D

Do you even know what the Yoshimura Evo 4 exhaust looks like? Here it is on a Gixxer 750 for your reference:

Ride On!

Tony

God what the hell, that bike of yours used to look so good....shame...

So why when you follow this link http://www.suzuki-gb...ike/gsxr1000l0/ and point to the exhausts, they call them evo 4`s.....on a standard bike (euro spec).......

Ride On!

Tony

God what the hell, that bike of yours used to look so good....shame...

So why when you follow this link http://www.suzuki-gb...ike/gsxr1000l0/ and point to the exhausts, they call them evo 4`s.....on a standard bike (euro spec).......

Heh heh, no worries, I'll have her put back together and looking even better than before- will use this crash as an opportunity to make a lot of upgrades. (Those are cheap track fairings, by the way; easily repaired or replaced) I still have the Suzuki OEM fairings and the Corona fairings for street use.

I don't see any reference to evo 4 exhaust at your link. Perhaps there is some reference somewhere else on the site? If so, why don't you share a link? I do recall that there was a small number of limited edition 25th anniversary Gixxers that were offered in 2010 with special paint, exhaust and a host of other goodies. Perhaps that's what you are talking about?

Ride On!

Tony

Edited by BigBikeBKK