Banks In Los That Pay Interest

Careful about the "high" interest "specials" in Thai Banks, which give low interest in the beginning but gradually increase to a high interest in the later months.

You need to compute the IRR or "internal rate of return" to determine the "effective" or "real, true" interest you'll actually be getting.

*Not as simple as "averaging" the high and low interest rates; you'll mislead yourself that way.

Most people don't know how (or bother) to compute the IRR, so the banks profit more this way.

(But Bangkok Bank's website seems to honestly say the actual "average" interest, so that's good)

IRR calculator (you'll need to compute the actual cash inflow yourself based on the interest, and then and input here):

IRR Calculator

Edited by junkofdavid2

Best deal at the moment that I've found is the scb

Special Fix 7 Month 100,000 Baht and over

Offering 2.4% anualised interest.

http://www.scb.co.th/stocks/media/ratesfees/deposit-en-54-10.pdf

And, IMO, 100% safe.

Additionally great service, attractive and helpful staff in nice uniforms. And don't talk to me about service from that self-appointed " centre of the financial universe"; the UK, run by arrogant pricks and <deleted>.

Best deal at the moment that I've found is the scb

Special Fix 7 Month 100,000 Baht and over

Offering 2.4% anualised interest.

http://www.scb.co.th...it-en-54-10.pdf

And, IMO, 100% safe.

Additionally great service, attractive and helpful staff in nice uniforms. And don't talk to me about service from that self-appointed " centre of the financial universe"; the UK, run by arrogant pricks and <deleted>.

Ohh and I was thinking we were doing so well ];-)