Any Direct Flights From Cnx To Siem Reap?

Genericnic

Sadly not and Bangkok Airways still has the monopoly on the BKK-REP route.

Other options Air Asia via KL (will probably need night in KL). Expensive but excellent option would be CNX-LPQ-REP and see 2 of SE Asia's most photogenic places.

Hi there, i always find this website interesting, its about the arrivals and departures at Chiang Mai airport, i have used it to check out on where i can go from here, but bear in mind some places only fly in and out one day a week!

I only started looking here as i live very near to the airport and love planes !

Kevin

http://www.chiangmaiairportonline.com/node/10

Other options Air Asia via KL (will probably need night in KL). Expensive but excellent option would be CNX-LPQ-REP and see 2 of SE Asia's most photogenic places.

Yea....that sounds like a better route [CNX-LPQ-REP]...wonder how much??

Could cut some of the cost by doing the slow boat to LP, then are there direct flights from LPQ-REP??

It is too bad that Bangkok air doesn't have direct flights from CNX to REP.

Yea....that sounds like a better route [CNX-LPQ-REP]...wonder how much??

Could cut some of the cost by doing the slow boat to LP, then are there direct flights from LPQ-REP??

It is too bad that Bangkok air doesn't have direct flights from CNX to REP.

LPQ direct to REP on Vietnam Airlines at 1040am.

Flown both Vietnam and Laos Airlines in last couple of weeks, most impressed. Efficient service, friendly staff and good timekeeping. Another thing the commies get right!

Thanks for all the input guys. Since I am retired biggrin.gif I don't have a time schedule when I travel so an overnight somewhere is no big deal. I agree that it is unfortunate that Bangkok Air has the BKK-REP monopoly. I did that route once before. The service was good but the price was not. Wouldn't be so bad if the price was lower but, as we all know, monopoly breeds higher prices.

I will look into the CNX-LPQ-REP route.

David

You can do a cheap Air Asia flight to Phnom Phen and then the fast boat up the river...

Agree with the AA approach - don't feed the monopolist if you can help it. Fast boat sounds great, or you can use taxi (4-5 hours; $50-$70 - or much cheaper/more horrid if shared) or bus (6-7 hours $7-$12) for the PP to SR leg. PP is worth a day or two with a camera (or a thirst or an appetite).