Phuket Island Hopping

muaythaifun

Guys im going to phuket for a month im curious though i know there are alot of islands surrounding phuket, not like i wanna go to all of them but i dunno id like to go to some of em, "samui, phangan or whatever"..phi phi island my korean roommate tells me is good and theres tons more anyway i just wanna know how much it costs to go to these places from phuket

also if anyone knows off the top of their head how i can go about riding an elephant thatd be cool to but mostly the island thing im curious about

and how much is food in phuket? whats average USD for a meal?

Time to bust out the Lonely Planet book with a map as Phangan and Samui are not really in the "Phuket Island Area". Best to get to Samui via BKK, or overland from Phuket to Surat Thani.

Also, someone post a link to that "Rambo The Jungle Muay Thai Survivor" thread where the guy witnessed, a bit of a beat down by Thai cops on Phi Phi with some unruly (most likely drunken) tourists. Although no one did ever come to that guy's rescue as also witnessing the same.........but Muaythaifun will probably find that interesting. You may enjoy Phi Phi Don Village, not my cup of tea, but for a younger set 'The Beach" types, I can see the entertainment factor.

Islands nearby, Phi Phi, Lanta, Koh Jum, Koh Lipe, Ko Muk, Koh Ngai, jump the boat out of Rassada Port Phuket town get there by 8AM as most take off at 8:30. Boats might begin to shut down though as we head into the wet monsoon.

Costs here? You choose mate. You can do noodle soups at 30thb, Adam kabob big pita plate I think is 120 (haven't been yet ), recently, buffet breakfast at Tiffanys all you can eat 129. Lotsa options here for food, for sure, all price ranges. Check the pinned restaurant thread.

Island hopping around Phuket would in my mind be something more like

Ko Naka Yai to

Koh Yao Noi to

Koh Yao Yai to

Koh Rang Yai to

Koh Racha Yai to

Koh Racha Noi

Phi Phi I wouldnt bother with personally, been there loads of times in the last 2 years and dont really see the big appeal. Definitely isnt the 'dream' island/s that people seem to think it is.

Forget the hoping, Phuket has loads to offer.........just hire one of the many friendly Tuk Tuks to show you all round the island....you will have a ball...and dont forget to ask the Tuk Tuk driver not to forget a jet ski ride in the tour :lol:

hey guys im just naming random thai islands ive heard of i have no idea, i know there are tons of islands surrounding phuket ive seen videos on youtube and shit i was just curious how much the ferrys or whatever cost to get there and back, if they are really worth going to etc

the remarks about the food are good thanks bro i appreciate it, gives me hope lol as im extremely cheap

the story about cops beating some guys ass well it does sound interesting but honestly im not worried about trouble, im not crazy, im intelligent and very cool in all situations and i dont really ever drink unless its on occasion or my gf wants to(getting her drunk gets me more dome so...)

anyway so far thanks for the info, keep it coming ill look into those islands

hey guys im just naming random thai islands ive heard of i have no idea, i know there are tons of islands surrounding phuket ive seen videos on youtube and shit

What you have seen on youtube was probably Phangnga Bay, close to Phuket, there are tons of islands there. Any travel agency in Phuket can book you on a daytour going there. Watch out for signs saying "James Bond Island".

Edited by keestha

Island hopping around Phuket would in my mind be something more like

Ko Naka Yai to

Koh Yao Noi to

Koh Yao Yai to

Koh Rang Yai to

Koh Racha Yai to

Koh Racha Noi

I like this list, but how to go to and from the islands?

There is a 'water bus' service from Phuket's Bang Rong pier to Koh Yao Noi/Yai which costs 100-200 baht. From Koh Yao Noi it's possible to take boat to for example Krabi.

But how to go to Koh Naka islands and which cost?

Same pier, or Ao Por, sorry, don't know the price