Going Rate For Rugby Shirts In Patong Beach?

ruddy2000

Hey Guys,

Just wondering if anyone could tell me whats the going rate for a rugby jersey in Patong Beach?..Im in Patong now and Im looking for an All Blacks jersey to send to my Dad in Nz for his Bday. The Shirts I have seen just randomly walking along the promenade look of good quality they have both the white and Black Jersey and seem to have all the genuine tags and holograms etc but the price im being quoted is 700 BHT (around $30 NZD) and the vendor states that the shirt cost them 550 BHT to buy so there's no way they can sell it any cheaper..does this sound true?

So Just really wondering if anyone can confirm this is the general going rate im going to be paying?..or is there anywhere cheaper? or should I actually be haggling that l price more!?

Thanks for anyone who takes time to reply in advance!

Thanks!

the cheapest place for that sort of stuff is naka markets up in Phuket town, they have set prices normally written on signs...everyone gets charged the same...including the Thais.....only problem is it will cost you 1000 baht in a tuk tuk to get there and its only on saturday and sunday nights

you can definitely save 50 baht on that price. After all its your dads birthday, right? The hologram is a clear indication of its authenticity so do not push your luck going for 100 baht, you will look stupid especially if there are rugby shirt connoisseurs nearby.

Print out my post and bring it to the vendor as proof you have out smarted him.

Go outside and hail a tuk-tuk to the main post office. You do not want to go to one of these pay at post places, they charge like a 40baht commission, screw that. You can discuss your savings on the jersey with the rugby jersey vendors brother on the way as long as you sit in the front seat of the tuk-tuk. You both can laugh together about it passing your time on the way to phuket town.

When you get back to the hotel bar, you can tell the tuk-tuk drivers cousin how the tuk-tuk driver ripped you off over a beer you bought for her.