Angle Iron In Bkk?

OliverKlozerof

I need some angle iron for a project I'm working on. I live in Chitlom. At nearby Home Pro (Ploenchit), they have shelves made with angle iron, but not angle iron alone. Must be available somewhere. I'd like it to be painted white or black, a couple meters long. Anybody know a shop that has it near me? Thx, DP

Hi there

If you let me know the exact length and width you need, I am sure there is some odd pieces laying around in our factory which will suit your needs.

You could pick it up from my apartment in Yannawa or I could meet you somewhere and give it to you. PM me with your contact details and I will call you.

Regards

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Homeworks slotted angle iron ready painted as per the photo.

Comes in 4m lengths only 90Bt (yes 90Bt) for one length. Easy to cut using electric jig-saw.

Great for making storage rack shelving.

Wow, thanks much for this info. I was just going to post again when I was your reply.

However, I'm not sure about the type in your picture. Today on Sukhumvit near Robinson I four some quite flimsy 'slotted angle iron,'--not the stronger type I used to be able to buy in other countries. This is the kind I'm hoping to find. Is the type you found as strong as this, do you think? Thx.

slotted_angle.jpg

Looks the same stuff to me but you can get different gauges (thicknesses).

Remember that when its in a single long length it has little rigidity and is easy to flex laterally but once cut down and bolted together everything becomes rigid, solid and strong. I'll post a photo of the shelving I made fully loaded (it's big shopping day at Macro) later today.

When I'd just started installing the shelving my partner's nephew (he's 18) came and watched, had a feel and said "not strong". I told him to bugger off and come back when its finished. Later that afternoon he came back and I told him to stand on the top shelf. He had a tentative feel and climbed on. Stood completely upright (he's over 100kg's) and gave the thumbs-up saying "velly strong".

Oh, one more thing. It's 3m lengths not 4m lengths as stated in my earlier response. But at 30Bt a metre who cares.

Ok, too lazy to go Macro today but anyway here's a pic of my efforts. Stuff was piled on top of each other before so definite improvement. Bought a sheet of 18mm chipboard from same place (about 400Bt) and cut it to size to make the actual shelf surface. Job done.

401912470.jpg