ManU In Decline?

Bredbury Blue

Loads have said no, that's fine, if they don't wanna play for United then why should we try and persuade them with bucket loads of brass, a good wage and the prospect of playing for us should be more than enough, for those not bitten by the mercenary bug that is....!!!!

redrus

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

But you DID offer buckets of cash to Hazard and he DID say no.

Also until Chelsea got Roman, who were the big spenders in the epl? Yes, man u.

Paying more than anyone else was man u's mo until recently, now other teams have more cash we see fans complaining about the money spent. Lol.

But hey, it's ok. I'm sure you prefer using this excuse when the real excuse is that man u don't want to spend money because the Glazers pocket it. Roman spent how much? The Glazers MADE how much? Half of the recent share money. $167m +. Lol and you call Chelsea players mercenaries, maybe but not as much as the Glazers.

Zinedine Zidane said no also wink.png ohhhh and Alan Shearer tongue.png

Love this thread wub.png

Early doors anyone? domination has to end at some point or we will end up hated by all....oh we are!! clap2.gif

Hated Adored but never Ignored!!!

But you DID offer buckets of cash to Hazard and he DID say no.

Also until Chelsea got Roman, who were the big spenders in the epl? Yes, man u.

Paying more than anyone else was man u's mo until recently, now other teams have more cash we see fans complaining about the money spent. Lol.

But hey, it's ok. I'm sure you prefer using this excuse when the real excuse is that man u don't want to spend money because the Glazers pocket it. Roman spent how much? The Glazers MADE how much? Half of the recent share money. $167m +. Lol and you call Chelsea players mercenaries, maybe but not as much as the Glazers.

Well you see the modern day footballer really falls into the hands of rich little clubs like yours that just pay them a kings ransom for a contract rather than join a big name team which ofcourse would be their real preference if the money was there. Instead they are happy to join an insignificant little club like yours mjj for wages that no one else can pay them. giggle.gif

Carmine, read this slowly.

Manchester United offered Hazard more money.

Kind of blows your arguement, doesn't it?

Show us evidence we offered more money, what wages is he on now at Chelsea, base your argument up with some facts mate.

Show us evidence we offered more money, what wages is he on now at Chelsea, base your argument up with some facts mate.

I can't find it now, but he gave an interview in Belgium which he stated that. No doubt you will say that's a lie, but then I can ask you to show me facts that say he earns more at Chelsea than man u offered.

I can't find it now, but he gave an interview in Belgium which he stated that. No doubt you will say that's a lie, but then I can ask you to show me facts that say he earns more at Chelsea than man u offered.

Don't really give two hoots, just i doubt he was offered more by us, as we have a pay structure in place, only one player has gone above that cap Rooney and maybe RVP if he comes, what wages is he on at Chelsea ?.

Well this is just one that says we offered 130,000 a week and your money bags owner blew us and city out of the water, so if he said that in a interview in Belgium it shows him up as a lier as well as a mercenary.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editorial/2012/05/30/3136361/eden-hazard-the-90m-transfer-that-makes-him-chelseas-highest

If he was offered more money by United, he would be playing for United, simple..., no issue, no argument and no matter how much you pontificate about what you saw in Belgique, that will not change sunbeam. The fact that you "can't find it now" backs up the claim that you're talking cobblers..!!!

We have paid considerable amounts of cash for players in the past yes, but only for one or two at a time, we've never filled our team with them as we have always had a backbone of youth and talent and, to add players like Van Nistlerooy, Rooney and Ronaldo to the ranks, you must spend...., speculate to accumulate if you like. You're argument is so flawed, it's laughable..., you can fill it with bias because you're ABU but just because you keep saying it to yourself, will not make it true.... ;)

redrus

It could also be that Utd just isn't a fashionable club any more compared with money bags City and Chelsea.

Yeah.........., you would say that. cheesy.gif

Goal.com, c'mon even wiki would be better. They state we pay 170k.

Man u have the money, but the owners prefer to pocket it.

Again, laughable...., like we had a choice....!coffee1.gif

redrus

sorry do you want me to cut and paste all the other google searches, of which most say between 170 and 200 per week putting him on par with torres and lampard, who i am sure was there dream to put a Chelsea shirt on.

sorry do you want me to cut and paste all the other google searches, of which most say between 170 and 200 per week putting him on par with torres and lampard, who i am sure was there dream to put a Chelsea shirt on.

No need to apologise and yes can you copy and paste all the articles please.

While you are on the subject of mercenaries, what is your feeling of Rooney holding you to ransom for a pay rise. And him wanting to play for Everton in a testimonial the other week. And his son wearing an Everton kit.

No need to apologise and yes can you copy and paste all the articles please.

While you are on the subject of mercenaries, what is your feeling of Rooney holding you to ransom for a pay rise. And him wanting to play for Everton in a testimonial the other week. And his son wearing an Everton kit.

You forgot to add his dream to play for them one day, hold nothing against him he and his family are Everton fans so expect this, just because he earns his living playing for us does not make him a united fan or any other connection to us than us being his club of choice to work, and he gives 100% every time he plays for us that is all we ask and expect.

I hope you stick around for the season mjj...you are if anything a classic example of why we are hated so much ...Success!

On Hazard,he is infact a liar and a mercenary to boot,he gave an interview "in Belgium"that he would 100% be joining a club from Manchester,that was a lie wasn't it? Infact what happened is that he got offered stupid money from Roman and then changed his mind........at the time his twitter account was the most followed of any footballer,to me his agent was at it and i also posted here that i would be happy if he joined someone else.

While we are at it lets just signhis <deleted> brother who has done fark all so he isnt feeling lonely.....as Rus said Laughable really! cheesy.gif

But enjoy your rants at United and awaiting what else you can dig up next giggle.gif

Are you seriously expecting us to believe one of the top players, forget that, any player would CHOOSE to join Chelsea over Man Utd over anything else other than money?

But like someone else said on here isn't it about time you started backing up some of your statements. Seems Chelsea blew everyone else out of the water with the packages they offered Oscar and Mata last year aswell. Liverpool are probably forever in your debt too over the 50m donation for Torres.

biggrin.png

I hope you stick around for the season mjj...you are if anything a classic example of why we are hated so much ...Success!

Seems to me that Chelsea are the hated team ... on these threads at least Mr Red.

I hope we are just going through a phase with these mega-rich clubs and eventually common sense will prevail and wage caps will come in (globally could be difficult, but that's what is needed) if FFP doesn't work. I hope we don't have to suffer ten years of dominated leagues (like Spain) before sense is restored.

Edited by SantiSuk

On Hazard,he is infact a liar and a mercenary to boot,he gave an interview "in Belgium"that he would 100% be joining a club from Manchester,that was a lie wasn't it? Infact what happened is that he got offered stupid money from Roman and then changed his mind........at the time his twitter account was the most followed of any footballer,to me his agent was at it and i also posted here that i would be happy if he joined someone else.

While we are at it lets just signhis <deleted> brother who has done fark all so he isnt feeling lonely.....as Rus said Laughable really! cheesy.gif

But enjoy your rants at United and awaiting what else you can dig up next giggle.gif

I will be here for the season and probably for a few more after that. You are correct that one of the reasons people hate teams is success. But the main reasons I don't like utd is not there success, it's that I work with a man u fan and he is one of the worst losers and winners I have ever known.

Do I think man u are on the decline? Yes. Do I find it laughable that man u fans have all become accountants? Yes.

For years man u have been able to buy and pay the most in the epl, but as soon as the tables are turned the fans cry foul play! Ridiculous.

Without looking up the stats I would guess that Chelsea and Man u have about equal trophies over the last 6 or 7 years, so for a neutral player that wants success it would not be automatic to chose Manu u. Add into the mix if you are young and rich, where would you live, London or Manchester?

And Carmine, I would love to see your stance if Spurs get bought by a mega rich oil magnate.

My stance would be irrelevent. Spurs are a bigger club than Chelsea will ever be. There are certain things that money won't change just like Liverpool and man Utd are the biggest clubd in England. And just because your club buys Mata, Torres, Hazard, Oscar, and who cares who else and even if you beat us all next season home and away you will still be a rich little plaything owned by a russian with a face like a out of date tescoe's potatoe.

Stay on the forum though mjj because you are a welcome addition.

Do I think man u are on the decline? Silly deluded boy. Do I find it laughable that man u fans have all become intelligent? Yes.

1/For years man u have been able to buy and pay the most in the epl, but as soon as the tables are turned the fans cry foul play! Ridiculous.

2/Without looking up the stats I would guess that Chelsea and Man u have about equal trophies over the last 6 or 7 years, so for a neutral player that wants success it would not be automatic to chose Manu u. Add into the mix if you are young and rich, where would you live, London or Manchester?

Where do I start.... rolleyes.gif

1/

For years we have lead the way in the UK with youth development, if Chelsea had half as much sense in the past, you'd have a little more history and, a lot more trophies. Instead you have a one track mind that leads you down an irretrievable path of self righteousness that only you believe.....clap2.gif We are not crying foul, just because you know one fan that isn't very sportsmanlike, Christ on a bike, how many rent boys do I know with a terrible sense in general, nevermind sportsmanlike... (Think Chelsea fan doing a Nazi salute with his daughter in the crowd at SB, think the mother and her troop of sons at the village where Raoul Moat caused terror and died, all in support of him and, wearing Chelsea strips, do I hold that against every Chelsea fan...?) (No is the answer there by the way)

2/

Such a ridiculous statement that shows not only your naivety but, a little stupidity too.wai.gif

Correct as of 19 May 2012 - note: clubs in bold have won two or more of the above-mentioned trophies in the same season at least once. Club League FAC LC FACS CL/EC EL/UC/UCWC IC/CWC USC Total Last trophy Notes 1 Manchester United 19 11 4 19 3 1 2 1 60 2011 PL [17] 2 Liverpool 18 7 8 15 5 3 0 3 59 2012 LC [18] 3 Arsenal 13 10 2 12 0 2 0 0 39 2005 FAC [19] 4 Tottenham Hotspur 2 8 4 7 0 3 0 0 24 2008 LC [20] 4 Everton 9 5 0 9 0 1 0 0 24 1995 FAC [21] 6 Chelsea 4 7 4 4 1 2 0 1 23 2012 CL [22]

If you want to level it out over the last few years, just to suit your own argument, fair does but by these "stats" you're not even the second best team in London mate.....giggle.gif

redrus

Without looking up the stats I would guess that Chelsea and Man u have about equal trophies over the

young and rich, where would you live, London or Manchester?

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/league-tables/transfer-league-table-1992-to-today.html

Now please go and read this site, since 1992, your little team has been the biggest spenders, even befor your russian took over you was splashing the cash about, united come in 4th, and to think we have won 12 tittles in that period fergie has spent wisely and used home grown players too.

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/league-tables/transfer-league-table-2003-to-date.html

Now this one since your owner took over and you are way out in front of united 51m a season to uniteds 10m.

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/league-tables/transfer-league-table-last-five-seasons.html

The last one you have been overtaken by city as the splash the cash club, united have slipped to 6th.

Now please where does it show united buying the league, we should be able to spend a fair amount on transfers as we have the biggest revenue in the league due to the biggest stadium and world wide support, so why is you little team top?

Redrus, I used 6 years as that is a good indication on how well a club is doing. If you cant see that, I give up. It's a bit like saying a player should go to Forest instead of Arsenal because Forest won European cups - back to back was it?

Nev, united were spending 30m on Ferdinand 10 years ago, who else could have paid that? SAF complaining about 32m on a teenager. How much was Rooney as a teenager? Who has paid the most for a goalkeeper? And he is a teenager also!

I don't get your obsession with how much money is spent. I guess if the Glazers had a generous moment and bought back Ronaldo for 90m and messi for 100m you would complain they man u are buying the title. No, you would be running around naked shaking your tallywackers saying how you are going to dominate.

Are all man u supporters this dumb or are you just the cream of the crop. Every time I make a point you go off on tangents. No offence like!

Did i say that Fernando Tores cost more than the entire spurs team fielded against the chavs? perhaps i did....smile.png

Did I say that Fernando Torres has more medals than the entire spuds team fielded against the European champions? Perhaps I did...

Did i say that Fernando Tores cost more than the entire spurs team fielded against the chavs? perhaps i did....smile.png

Did I say that Fernando Torres has more medals than the entire spuds team fielded against the European champions? Perhaps I did...

Is he going to like playing in your new revolutionary 1-9-1 formation?

seriously don't you feel financially blessed compaired to other premier league clubs of your ilk, Norwich, Fulham or Wigan being good examples?

Redrus, I used 6 years as that is a good indication on how well a club is doing.

I don't get your obsession with how much money is spent.

Are all man u supporters this dumb or are you just the cream of the crop. Every time I make a point you go off on tangents. No offence like!

You used 6 years because before that, there's no point even going there cos you won fuc_k all....

This is your obsession fella and, I answer each of your points, I even number them for you.....!!

No offense taken sunshine, I think its plain for everyone reading this thread, who exactly the dumb one is. Now nic off n fetch your tangent like a good rent boy.

redrus

Ok, when I first started supporting Chelsea they were in the second division with the likes of Kerry Dixon being the main man. The first time i had success was with Ruud, Vialli and Zola. Chelsea were never on the top level, but we're good for the occasional cup and top 6 in the prem.

Since Roman came along, obviously success has vastly improved. Do I feel guilty about it? No. The last time I checked football was about results and style to the football fan, but more and more fans are becoming bean counters. is this just elitism at its ugliest - know your place and never improve. Chelsea and City are the rebels and Man u, Liverpool and Spuds are the establishment.

Every time I go to see Chelsea play or buy a shirt I know my money is going back into the team and is being matched by the owner. Other fans seem to like the fact that they are making the owners richer and richer. In great Thai style, up to you!