Warning About Hualumphong Toilet

expatman

I heard stories about this kind of thing from my ex GF of 15 years ago. But the way she described how it was made is very morbid in detail and extremely disturbing, and explains why its not widely available.

Good thing criminals are too good hearted to do anything morbid to get this super chemical

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard stories about this kind of thing from my ex GF of 15 years ago. But the way she described how it was made is very morbid in detail and extremely disturbing, and explains why its not widely available.

Good thing criminals are too good hearted to do anything morbid to get this super chemical

And good thing you are so delicate in your sensibilities that you can't actually transmit this information.

Let me guess.......made from foetuses!...or is that foeti

In the past there have been reports of thieves targeting houses, pumping gas into the house to incapacitate the occupants and then rob the house. Talk about far-fetched.

Funnily enough exactly that occured to not one, but three (completely seperate families) houses in Kabinburi on one night two months ago. :whistling:

Over 30 neighbourhood dogs were also poisoned preceding this.

Police reports were filed and the gang of robbers were later aprehended.....

So, on balance the OP may be lacking in detail, however, it is certainly possible that a robbery may have taken place.

In the past there have been reports of thieves targeting houses, pumping gas into the house to incapacitate the occupants and then rob the house. Talk about far-fetched.

Funnily enough exactly that occured to not one, but three (completely seperate families) houses in Kabinburi on one night two months ago. :whistling:

So, on balance the OP may be lacking in detail, however, it is certainly possible that a robbery may have taken place.

Huh?

How does this alleged gassing of houses relate to the OP's story or in any way lend it more credence?

it just seems highly implausible as well as a highly elaborate robbery to not get too much. I mean why not rob an armored courier at a pick up location this way and not some random Thai women using a public restroom?

Nisa, good points. If its really possible to incapacitate people like this, wouldn't the the thieves be better off going to a gold shop, knocking out the staff and stealing millions of Bt worth of gold rather than just a couple of rings?

it just seems highly implausible as well as a highly elaborate robbery to not get too much. I mean why not rob an armored courier at a pick up location this way and not some random Thai women using a public restroom?

Nisa, good points. If its really possible to incapacitate people like this, wouldn't the the thieves be better off going to a gold shop, knocking out the staff and stealing millions of Bt worth of gold rather than just a couple of rings?

Exactly! Couldn't agree more to both of these points.

This was one of my thoughts as well, from the start: and again -- if this is possible I'm curious as to why it's not widely used all over the world for snatch and grab stuff as well as plenty of more sophisticated heists?

Don't even need to go as far as robbing armed couriers: dress yourself up and hang around someplace in Beverly Hills (for example) where the Ferraris and Bentleys are parked and politely approach people with some ruse...do that a few times in one day and you'd wind up with thousands of dollars worth of watches, jewelry, phones, credit cards, cash, shoes, sunglasses -- and a luxury automobile.

Just one example scenario off the top of my head.

If crooks who are working on the level of robbing random train passengers in Bangkok can get this stuff, why don't US or European crooks get wise? Or wherever...?

Edited by SteeleJoe

Huh?

How does this alleged gassing of houses relate to the OP's story or in any way lend it more credence?

Sorry I dropped this popular Thai urban myth in passing. It really only relates to the OP's wife's alleged incident in that Thai robbers seem to go to great lengths to procure the latest in chemical technology, perhaps spending more on the chemicals than what they might net on the robbery; have devised intricate and highly-effective sleep-inducing drug delivery systems; seemingly move like Ninjas; and never, ever seem to harm anyone. It of course does not lend any credence to the OP's story.

Huh?

Sorry I dropped this popular Thai urban myth in passing. It really only relates to the OP's wife's alleged incident in that Thai robbers seem to go to great lengths to procure the latest in chemical technology, perhaps spending more on the chemicals than what they might net on the robbery; have devised intricate and highly-effective sleep-inducing drug delivery systems; seemingly move like Ninjas; and never, ever seem to harm anyone. It of course does not lend any credence to the OP's story.

Lomatopo:I think you missed soemthing in the quotes -- I wasn't directing that at you -- I got why you mentioned it and see it as relevant.

What I don't get is how Soundman thinks the story in his post supports the OP.

People may have been robbed, but no one used gas on them, because gas as described in these stories doesn't exist. This is what happens in the real world when you flood a building with gas to try to knock people out. 170 people dead and hundreds severely injured

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moscow_theater_hostage_crisis

People may have been robbed, but no one used gas on them, because gas as described in these stories doesn't exist. This is what happens in the real world when you flood a building with gas to try to knock people out. 170 people dead and hundreds severely injured

http://en.wikipedia...._hostage_crisis

And yes, if this gas have been used in the red shirt riots maybe the people then would not have lost lives.Cleary the government and army should go to ask the crooks for advice on crowd control

Wait till some of the more nefarious bargirls/transexuals get hold of this stuff...oh, wait I forgot about the stories of a special drug supposedly applied to the breasts that has done the same thing to victims who came into oral contact with them....

A story isn't made more believable by the addition of stories that are firstly far more incredible ( we've gone from one person to five at a time, and in another tale, now the person doesn't even have to be touched, just have a handkerchief waved in front of their face!), and secondly transmitted from sources (third, fourth, fifth, sixth hand?) that are much more distant than the OP.

This is LESS believable not more.

It does sound a little less believable and if it happened I'd suggest it was a completely different kind of attack to the one mentioned by the OP.

I have heard of this kind of attack before, here are the google keywords : "scopolamine robbery"

A story isn't made more believable by the addition of stories that are firstly far more incredible ( we've gone from one person to five at a time, and in another tale, now the person doesn't even have to be touched, just have a handkerchief waved in front of their face!), and secondly transmitted from sources (third, fourth, fifth, sixth hand?) that are much more distant than the OP.

This is LESS believable not more.

It does sound a little less believable and if it happened I'd suggest it was a completely different kind of attack to the one mentioned by the OP.

I have heard of this kind of attack before, here are the google keywords : "scopolamine robbery"

Where?

EDIT:

Try "Burundanga robbery"

Edited by SteeleJoe

That's a little strange, the Thai version of google doesn't show many results at all for these keywords, whereas the uk version shows hundreds of links, here's a couple of links :

http://www.google.co.uk/#sclient=psy&hl=en&site=&source=hp&q=scopolamine+robbery

http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/americas/04/06/vbs.colombian.devils.breath/index.html?hpt=C2

This story is incredible indeed. If it's really effective and fast acting, it would have been a very popular method used by criminals worldwide. Since there's enough knowledge about what this drug possibly comprise, maybe some of you can get together and test if this is really true? It's better than speculating?

That's a little strange, the Thai version of google doesn't show many results at all for these keywords, whereas the uk version shows hundreds of links, here's a couple of links :

http://www.google.co...olamine+robbery

http://www.cnn.com/2...dex.html?hpt=C2

So is the idea that Scopolamine is somehow administered through a brief touch of the skin (using "dimethyl sulfoxide" as a component)?

Wow. Pretty sophisticated. Strange that we have so little verified information about this -- in fact, none that I've seen so far.

This story is incredible indeed. If it's really effective and fast acting, it would have been a very popular method used by criminals worldwide. Since there's enough knowledge about what this drug possibly comprise, maybe some of you can get together and test if this is really true? It's better than speculating?

I suspect these kinds of substances would be very hard to get hold of in their pure form and there are other much more widely available substances that can be used in an attack.

I suspect these kinds of substances would be very hard to get hold of in their pure form and there are other much more widely available substances that can be used in an attack.

Wait -- so now you don't think it was scopalamine?

And which much more widely available substances can be used in an attack such as the one described in the OP? (and why didn't you suggest those before -- or did I miss something?).

And which much more widely available substances can be used in an attack such as the one described in the OP? (and why didn't you suggest those before -- or did I miss something?).

I suggested scopalamine in response to a different post mentioned within this thread, I believe I quoted it at the time, not to the OP.

When I'm talking about more widely available forms of attack I'm saying it would be much easier to rob someone by slipping something into their drink rather than go to the trouble of getting something which would in all likelihood be very hard to obtain. This is the reason I think it's not a 'very popular method used by criminals worldwide'.

I suggested scopalamine in response to a different post mentioned within this thread, I believe I quoted it at the time, not to the OP.

When I'm talking about more widely available forms of attack I'm saying it would be much easier to rob someone by slipping something into their drink rather than go to the trouble of getting something which would in all likelihood be very hard to obtain. This is the reason I think it's not a 'very popular method used by criminals worldwide'.

Ah, clearly I am confused. Thanks for sorting me out and sorry for misunderstanding.

I know of this scam/robbery. The drug used is only licensed to zoos for sedating elephants. Tiny amounts on the skin of humans rapidly leads unconsciousness or even death if the dose is too big. I am talking about tiny tiny amounts that are needed, I am not aware of any other drug that has such powerful effects for such a small dose. This scam has occurred many times in Thailand in busy places.

What happened to Vigilante?

I'm hoping we hear from the OP soon. Hopefully we haven't destroyed what has been an ideal marriage by casting aspersions on the wife?

Seriously, in a society that (generally) shuns confrontation, it only makes sense that those who dream up these elaborate robbery scenarios, to cover their own fraud, make them more like a dream, or movie they saw recently, with no confrontation, and with perpetrators who make the Oceans 11 team look like rank amateurs.

An opiate? Heroin would be easy to obtain, especially for the scumbag element.

An opiate? Heroin would be easy to obtain, especially for the scumbag element.

You think Heroin is a likely drug for the crime described in the OP? What, its combined with some sort of agent to make it enter through the skin and then almost instantly render someone unconscious only to have them able to be shaken awake a short time later?

Do you have a link to any news accounts of this? I couldn't find anything online and would imagine this kind of James Bond robbery would make global news.

This also sounds implaudible for a number of reason starting with the thieves likely having to lug around a large tank of some kind of gas and then find a way to fill the house from the outside when there was likely no central air system. I also have to assume a VERY nice house (multi story) to go through this kind of trouble and how the gas was distributed evenly through all rooms and floors of the house. Then these folks prowling around in the middle of the night with at least one large gas tank being wheeled around houses to find ways to pump in gas would have to put on their gas masks and enter the house in a neighborhood where everyone was already on a alert because 30 dogs had just been killed in the preceding days.

I could be very wrong but I am skeptical of this story too without any news source. Again just way to elaborate to rob houses when there are many more profitable places such a gas can be deployed. It would be like a criminal being smart enough to come up with a way to steal from any electronic vending machine (including ATMs) but only being smart enough to steal from candy vending machines.

Elephant doses:

a) African elephants: 0.003 mg/kg etorphine; antagonize with 3 mg diprenorphine per mg etorphine given; Asian elephants: 0.003 mg/kg; supplement with 2 mg etorphine as needed to maintain immobilization; antagonize with 0.012 mg/kg diprenorphine (Kreeger, 2002).

As you can see a particularly powerful compound. Assuming humans are as sensitive as elephants 0.03mg would be enough to knock out a 100kg man - this is a very small amount and it would not be difficult to deliver this via a transdermal mechanism, however how quickly that would occur through DMSO or another carrier I could not say.

Edited by Vigilante

Maybe the stench of the typical Thai public toilet was too much and rendered her unconscious,

thus setting her up to be preyed upon,

Inspector Clouseau,

Edited by cobra