Discount For New Bmw 3 Series

I am looking to buy a new/near new BMW 3.Am a little cautious because of the high (for Thailand ) depreciation of BM,s , so i am also considering pre-owned. i have 2 questions

1) Is there much chance of getting a decent discount off the list price for new BM,s ie rather than the token 50k?

2) any dealer recommendations (Bangkok or close)? esp where someone has had a good experience of negotiating a decent discount and/or a dealer with a good pre-owned range. thanks

BTW i am aware there is a new model due out , i think its sept in the UK (not sure about Thailand) Thats one reason i am hopeing to get a good deal

recieved an sms from bmw phuket few weeks ago. 320d, 100k cash off 25% downpayment and 48 months interestfree. I would assume this can be arranged as an all cash discount, so should be like 100k pluss approx 200k interestdiscount

if you want to finance, be aware of the 7%VAT added to used car price before adding interest

in addition there are some bmw operators doing fleet purchases, and then sell them to single buyers. thai co ltd needed to purchase. ads in bangkok major english language paper

There was a low-mileage black 320d (I think it was a 320d) convertible for sale though a forum sponsor (though it seems that they are not sponsors anymore). It was in Pattaya IIRC. That's an option, used. The hard-top verts are nice, and definitely have more character than your average 3-series snoozer.

I don't remember the price, maybe 3 million-ish.

Somebody mentioned fleet sales, what about the 7-series sedans that the AOT uses for airport limo service? That could be a good deal, but I don't know about mileage and maintenance on those. The 7-series depreciates much faster, so if you buy used you can get one heck of a car for the price you'd pay for a newer 3. I'd take a 7 over a 3 any day of the week.

Wait till after the next big international summit in Bangkok [e.g. APEC, ASEAN, global-warming summit, etc.], afterwards, the official limousine suppliers to the meeting, usually BMW and/or Merc. sell off these slightly used diplomatic vehicles at a discount.

I wouldn't worry to much about a new one, just enjoy not having to Drive a Belly Button. Fast or Slow, detractors,sneerers and wanabees would all Love One. So would i, Enjoy, Good Hunting and don't be put off.;)

Am I the only person who didn't understand this post?

I wouldn't worry to much about a new one, just enjoy not having to Drive a Belly Button. Fast or Slow, detractors,sneerers and wanabees would all Love One. So would i, Enjoy, Good Hunting and don't be put off.;)

Read carefully, he likes Bm's but can't afford one.:lol:

YES..:D

I dont understand most of his posts. As they contain no facts or advice, does it matter?

I dont understand most of his posts. As they contain no facts or advice, does it matter?

Not denied, just my comments, light hearted banter..In future i will copy from Workshop Manuals,Advanced Sales Info Releases,and pretend i know it all.......If the Cap Fits.its yours.:bah:

There was a low-mileage black 320d (I think it was a 320d) convertible for sale though a forum sponsor (though it seems that they are not sponsors anymore). It was in Pattaya IIRC. That's an option, used. The hard-top verts are nice, and definitely have more character than your average 3-series snoozer.

Somebody mentioned fleet sales, what about the 7-series sedans that the AOT uses for airport limo service? That could be a good deal, but I don't know about mileage and maintenance on those. The 7-series depreciates much faster, so if you buy used you can get one heck of a car for the price you'd pay for a newer 3. I'd take a 7 over a 3 any day of the week.

what about an "8"? ;)

what about an "8"? ;)

Touché, Naam, touché!!!!

I''ve seen your "8" but surely getting in and out makes for a tight squeeze? :)

what about an "8"? ;)

Touché, Naam, touché!!!!

Naams 8 is lovely, but I need a rear seat, and a trunk for my 55kg rottweiler. so older seven or new 5 is ok :whistling:

I'd take a 7 over a 3 any day of the week.

what about an "8"? ;)

Touché, Naam, touché!!!!

Naams 8 is lovely, but I need a rear seat, and a trunk for my 55kg rottweiler. so older seven or new 5 is ok :whistling:

LOL - somewhere out there in cyberspace a young lady is nodding her head in agreement..........

BTW i am aware there is a new model due out , i think its sept in the UK (not sure about Thailand) Thats one reason i am hopeing to get a good deal

Might be worth sending a PM to Mobi. If i recall correctly, he bought a 320d a while ago.

what about an "8"? ;)

If you are buying, mine's a "6" Naam.

Excuse the penis double entrendre. Actually don't. No more a fitting place for phallus jokes than a thread about BMWs i'd say. biggrin.gif

A few years ago I brought a 325i demonstrator with 8,000 kliks for just under a million baht off he list price. :D

Still came wth a red plate and I was still the first owner.

I was very happy about that, maybe if you want a substantial saving then go round all the dealers asking about demonstrator availability

• 5 months later...

A few years ago I brought a 325i demonstrator with 8,000 kliks for just under a million baht off he list price. :D

Still came wth a red plate and I was still the first owner.

I was very happy about that, maybe if you want a substantial saving then go round all the dealers asking about demonstrator availability

Small World , my friend did a similar deal with BMW Phitsanulok. ,325I the same , blue metallic , and its been perfect for 10 years , a Happy Man indeed.. coffee1.gif.. Must admit ive not got the balls to risk it with my luck. !!!! .

new bmw 3 series look like a 5 series, I actually thought photo was a fiver until i read the article. probably Th manufactoring by march/april

320D seems the only logical initial one for TH, as the 2,0? petrol is like 240hp, and needs to be "detuned" to fit TH 220hp tax limit

Agreed the new 3 shares many styling cues from bigger 5, the 320D is very refined too, reward at the pump is a nice incentive after shelling out the cash to buy one.