• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

RIP Kevin,

more details are certainly required

yes from the information that wwe had. i think that even a drunk man could swim. unless he was unconcious before he hit the water. maybe med in the drink in a dark area near the lake with not many people about.

even if he fell inn i am sure he could swim.

or the other alternative is that someone could fall hit there head on the way down.

good luck to finding out what happened

At this point in time it is far from certain what actually happened, and suicide remains just speculation, especially since there was no note left to this effect, which one would have expected from him if this were his intention.

All we know at present is that his body was found in the lake just a few yards from the back of his house.... not far for him to walk, or indeed for him to be carried. Apparently there are some marks to his head and hands, perhaps evidence of being struck and attempting to defend himself, although so far there appears to be some assumption that it was a straightforward drowning, which is why at present Kevin's body has been sent to Surat Thani for an autopsy to determine the cause of death, hence the delay in the proceedings and funeral date.

Whilst I can imagine Kevin smiling at his death being recorded as "death by misadventure", since he was always found of a little miss adventure during his life, we shall have to wait and see what the result of the autopsy indicates.

I have known Kevin and his partner since 2004, encouraged him to make his bar a place for Bikers to meet, traveled with him to several Biker events, dragged him along to the gym as my training partner for many months, and like many others enjoyed his cheerful, fun loving company at Bike night every weekend down at his bar.

I shall be traveling down to the funeral, whenever it takes place, and shall be helping out with funeral expenses where necessary.

For those who can not make it but would like to be there in spirit, to show your respect you can click "Attending" to Kevin's "Virtual Funeral" on Facebook (just go to Facebook and search on Virtual Funeral to find it).

This is the opinion of a person who went to see Kevin's body prior to it being taken to Surat Thani for an autopsy...

"Kev has been beaten over the head about 8 times where the small blunt instrument actually broke the skin. Then there are bruising around his throat and a huge black bruise on the front and his back."

...there are photographs to illustrate this claim.

Apparently, as of Sunday 29th May the police are now treating this as a homicide.

It seems odd that, given such apparent evidence of injury, the local police did not suspect foul play from the start.

Therefore, one has to wonder whether the initial action of the local police on Samui was just sheer incompetence, or whether it was deliberate?.... any other conclusion escapes me.

Perhaps any investigation into his death from this point forward ought to be conducted by federal police from Bangkok, and not the local police on Samui?

This is the opinion of a person who went to see Kevin's body prior to it being taken to Surat Thani for an autopsy...

"Kev has been beaten over the head about 8 times where the small blunt instrument actually broke the skin. Then there are bruising around his throat and a huge black bruise on the front and his back."

...there are photographs to illustrate this claim.

Apparently, as of Sunday 29th May the police are now treating this as a homicide.

It seems odd that, given such apparent evidence of injury, the local police did not suspect foul play from the start.

Therefore, one has to wonder whether the initial action of the local police on Samui was just sheer incompetence, or whether it was deliberate?.... any other conclusion escapes me.

Perhaps any investigation into his death from this point forward ought to be conducted by federal police from Bangkok, and not the local police on Samui?

It's a sad but relatively well known fact that PTY police tend to classify situations where a dead person is found who 'jumped' out of his window with a plastic bag on his head and his hands tied behind his back as suicide.

It seems that there's more to the story in this case. One can only hope that the truth will be found. On Samui I would classify the police actions as a combination of 'just sheer incompetence, or whether it was deliberate'.

dont the embassey get involved in anyway when its a murder inquiry, surley they should bring some pressure to bear when a British national is murdered. happens all to often. he deserves justice and not another Thai cover up.

dont the embassey get involved in anyway when its a murder inquiry, surley they should bring some pressure to bear when a British national is murdered. happens all to often. he deserves justice and not another Thai cover up.

I would have thought that if any of Kevins friends wanted to find out how involved the embassy is, they should contact Dave Covey, who may be able to add some clarity.

I would have thought that if any of Kevins friends wanted to find out how involved the embassy is, they should contact Dave Covey, who may be able to add some clarity.

I am not sure this is within Dave Covey's remit, this quote is from the UK in Thailand website:

"We cannot investigate deaths ourselves and, in many countries, investigating authorities and the courts will not answer enquiries, including from our own staff. If this is the case, it is very important to consider appointing a local lawyer who can look after your interests in court and follow any trial for you."

And yes, I do realise he probably has no family here to make the suggested contacts but hopefully someone has been in touch his next of kin in his home country?

Source: ukinthailand.fco.gov.uk/en/help-for-british-nationals/when-things-go-wrong/help-if-someone-dies.

Yes, the British Embassy has been contacted and involved in this case, and so far as I understand it is at their official request that Kevin's body has been sent to Surat Thani for an autopsy. The regional police now have responsibility to ensure that an autopsy is conducted, and subsequently to investigate the circumstances of his death as they feel is necessary.

Yes, Kevin's family have been contacted, thanks to the involvement of one of his close friends on the island, and I understand that they are being kept informed of progress.

Thanks to everyone for their concern and comments on this forum, and on the Honey Bar Group page on Facebook and on the Virtual Funeral Event page on Facebook also. If you wish to pay a tribute on either of these Facebook pages then please do so, and please show your support by registering as "Attending" to his Virtual Funeral Event on Facebook, to be there in spirit as a fellow Biker, to show solidarity and brotherhood. As a mark of respect I hope to announce how many Attendees we have at his Virtual Funeral at the actual funeral. I'm sure Kev would have been proud to see how many other Bikers show their support and respect for him.

Thanks!

small blunt instrument = stilletto (sp?) heel

Whilst we all may have our own suspicions as to what happened I think it's best not to voice such speculation publicly. There are no suspects at this point in time, and no one is under suspicion, least of all those people who were close to him, and it's best not to jump the gun with speculative comments which could generate false rumours, since these could prove upsetting and divisive, and wait for the results of the autopsy and any subsequent police investigation into the cause of his death - thank you.

small blunt instrument = stilletto (sp?) heel

Whilst we all may have our own suspicions as to what happened I think it's best not to voice such speculation publicly. There are no suspects at this point in time, and no one is under suspicion, least of all those people who were close to him, and it's best not to jump the gun with speculative comments which could generate false rumours, since these could prove upsetting and divisive, and wait for the results of the autopsy and any subsequent police investigation into the cause of his death - thank you.

Hear Hear

murder or no murder the embassy are involved. For anyone involved in a future inccodents which most of the time leave everybody lost and confussed as to what to do next.

the police need to identify who the vivtim is. then they need help sometimes as to get access to the victims documents like passport or some kind of ID. The police then contact the ebmbassy. the embassy contact next of kin then from there the embassy should advise what the next of kin can and cannot do.

normally helps if one of the victims friends can give a phone number to the police for the ebassy to contact or for the embassy to pass on to the next of kin to help with what is happening at this end.

Good luck with the autopsy hope it is done well and thorough. All the best RIP and hope things don't go too bad in this bad case. :jap:

Murder investigation after British biker is 'beaten and dumped in 12 inches of water'

Thai police have launched a murder inquiry into the death of a Briton on the island of Koh Samui after a post-mortem examination ruled that he had drowned.

Police on the holiday island had previously ruled that video producer Kevin Attew, 57, from Aldershot, Hampshire, committed suicide by drowning himself in a lake near the resort area of Chawaeng after his Thai girlfriend told them that he intended to do just that.

Mr Attew's body was found last Tuesday.

article-1392431-0C55D64600000578-457_468x286.jpg Video producer Kevin Attew, 57, from Aldershot in Hampshire, drowned in a shallow lake beind Chaweng Beach, according police on Koh Samui

But after pictures taken by his best friend appeared to show that he had been beaten to death before being put in the water, the murder inquiry was launched.

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz1NrutW117

Edited by Rooo
Reduced from full article for copyright purpose.

Murder investigation after British biker is 'beaten and dumped in 12 inches of water'

Thai police have launched a murder inquiry into the death of a Briton on the island of Koh Samui after a post-mortem examination ruled that he had drowned.

Police on the holiday island had previously ruled that video producer Kevin Attew, 57, from Aldershot, Hampshire, committed suicide by drowning himself in a lake near the resort area of Chawaeng after his Thai girlfriend told them that he intended to do just that.

Mr Attew's body was found last Tuesday.

article-1392431-0C55D64600000578-457_468x286.jpg Video producer Kevin Attew, 57, from Aldershot in Hampshire, drowned in a shallow lake beind Chaweng Beach, according police on Koh Samui

But after pictures taken by his best friend appeared to show that he had been beaten to death before being put in the water, the murder inquiry was launched.

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz1NrutW117

thank god the autopsy was done properly at least it gets one step closer to bring an end to this case.

I was just thinking about this person who posted this "hearsay" post about Kevin's supposedly suicide.

That post did seem a bit strange to me with many strange information.

There were many inconsistent details in there and it was written in a peculiar way.

I wonder what the real intention and motive really was with that post.

I was just thinking about this person who posted this "hearsay" post about Kevin's supposedly suicide.

There were many inconsistent details in there and it was written in a peculiar way.

Let's say that the same poster that had that post deleted & the answer to it, tried again to disrupt this thread. Disrespect , insensitivity & trolling are very much frowned upon by Thaivisa.

Suffice to say , appropriate action has been taken,

The initial reports from the island suggested that it may have been a suicide. Thanks to Crispin's involvement, visiting the morgue to see his body and take photographic evidence, and ensuring that a proper autopsy is conducted, I understand that this has now been ruled out.

Several people were led to believe initially that it may have been a suicide or accident, and I believe that anyone posting info here was simply repeating what they were led to believe at the time in the initial state of confusion and local speculation, and I don't believe that they had any ulterior motive for making such comment.

As to the person(s) on the island who initiated this viewpoint, we should keep an open mind as to their reasons for doing so. They may have done so in the genuine belief that it was a suicide, or may indeed have been scared to voice any other opinion. We don't know, and hope that the police investigation will eventually shed some factual light upon this case. In the meantime, it would be wrong to jump to any conclusions or begin pointing any fingers, especially towards those who loved and took care of him and who are grieving at this time.

The initial reports from the island suggested that it may have been a suicide. Thanks to Crispin's involvement, visiting the morgue to see his body and take photographic evidence, and ensuring that a proper autopsy is conducted, I understand that this has now been ruled out.

Several people were led to believe initially that it may have been a suicide or accident, and I believe that anyone posting info here was simply repeating what they were led to believe at the time in the initial state of confusion and local speculation, and I don't believe that they had any ulterior motive for making such comment.

As to the person(s) on the island who initiated this viewpoint, we should keep an open mind as to their reasons for doing so. They may have done so in the genuine belief that it was a suicide, or may indeed have been scared to voice any other opinion. We don't know, and hope that the police investigation will eventually shed some factual light upon this case. In the meantime, it would be wrong to jump to any conclusions or begin pointing any fingers, especially towards those who loved and took care of him and who are grieving at this time.

yes i agree these case are too serious to just be suspicous caused by assumption. let the old bill nad his mates find the facts finger pointing is stupid and just a waist of space and time.

Just read the story in the English press...sad news indeed, if it does turn out to be a murder lets hope the guilty party/s are found and dealt with.....I was looking back at his last posts on here, looks like his last post was slating Reggae pub, no connection to this tragedy i hope... :(

R.I.P

..........the Virtual Funeral Event page on Facebook also. If you wish to pay a tribute on either of these Facebook pages then please do so, and please show your support by registering as "Attending" to his Virtual Funeral Event on Facebook, to be there in spirit as a fellow Biker, to show solidarity and brotherhood. As a mark of respect I hope to announce how many Attendees we have at his Virtual Funeral at the actual funeral. I'm sure Kev would have been proud to see how many other Bikers show their support and respect for him.

Thanks!

Any link to this "Virtual Funeral Event" Page, mate, can't find it - thank's!

..........the Virtual Funeral Event page on Facebook also. If you wish to pay a tribute on either of these Facebook pages then please do so, and please show your support by registering as "Attending" to his Virtual Funeral Event on Facebook, to be there in spirit as a fellow Biker, to show solidarity and brotherhood. As a mark of respect I hope to announce how many Attendees we have at his Virtual Funeral at the actual funeral. I'm sure Kev would have been proud to see how many other Bikers show their support and respect for him.

Thanks!

Any link to this "Virtual Funeral Event" Page, mate, can't find it - thank's!

Try this