Rugby World Cup?

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great start from the ABs

What a contrast to last nights game

ABs having the upper hand at the breakdown and not playing the one dimensional game they played against the Argies, with kicks going in behind, turning the Aussies and keeping them pinned in their half

Cruden playing well and Dagg being outstanding

That first try was the best I've seen so far this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8CNB9GwW5A&hd=1

snapback.pnggkinbkk, on 2011-10-02 09:02:03, said:

Carter is a blow but man for man the All Blacks can still match it with any other team........

The other teams flyhalves arent exactly doing any better than Slade/Cruden/Weepu. Jonny is a shell of his former self and Cooper is brilliant for 5 mins and woeful for the other 75. Having seen Steyn already on the plane the Boks lose their long range kicking option......injuries were always going to play a part as all teams are finding out now.

I still think its the blacks to lose but I also think the French are going to surprise through the knockout stages

Saw this on the web earlier:

ab-dc=(c+h+o+k+e)

the French? that would be a surprise seeing that Tonga beat them yesterday

It might appear that I know a little more about Rugby than people gave me credit for a few weeks back!!

Well, credit is where credt it due.

That was a good RWC final. congrats to NZ for winning the WC.

1: NZ

2: Frogs

3:Aust

The only issue is, I can not bring my self to support the bloody French. Does this mean I am supporting the all blacks????/......noooooo........ what a Dilemmalaugh.gif.

The only issue is, I can not bring my self to support the bloody French. Does this mean I am supporting the all blacks????/......noooooo........ what a Dilemmalaugh.gif.

No one reckoned the French would win the QF in 2007, either. The French have the best record of any Northern Hemisphere side, so let's wait a week for the last match, eh?

And in other news, Australia 42 - 6 New Zealand at Ausgrid Stadium, Newcastle.

They play again in a fortnight in the first game of the Four Nations at the Halliwell Jones stadium, Warrington

SC

And in other news, Australia 42 - 6 New Zealand at Ausgrid Stadium, Newcastle.

They play again in a fortnight in the first game of the Four Nations at the Halliwell Jones stadium, Warrington

SC

That'll confuse them..

snapback.pnggkinbkk, on 2011-10-02 09:02:03, said:

Carter is a blow but man for man the All Blacks can still match it with any other team........

The other teams flyhalves arent exactly doing any better than Slade/Cruden/Weepu. Jonny is a shell of his former self and Cooper is brilliant for 5 mins and woeful for the other 75. Having seen Steyn already on the plane the Boks lose their long range kicking option......injuries were always going to play a part as all teams are finding out now.

I still think its the blacks to lose but I also think the French are going to surprise through the knockout stages

Saw this on the web earlier:

ab-dc=(c+h+o+k+e)

the French? that would be a surprise seeing that Tonga beat them yesterday

It might appear that I know a little more about Rugby than people gave me credit for a few weeks back!!

the RWC always throws up the unpredictable, imo France havent played like they should be in the RWC final

esp with the crap they displayed on saturday night, they should have put Wales to the sword when they had 15 v 14 for most of the game

thou i could be eating my words if we lost to France again :o

Edited by Donnyboy

all blacks job well done,i think if it was any other team bar france on sunday it would be a great game,i cant get excited about it so hope i have to eat my words.i shall however look forward to the haka that has to be one of the highlights of this world cup,exspecially the antics of ally williams what a tongue for muff diving and the looks he gives are enough to send the shivers up anyone.i wish i was there to have a few rums with g.henry who i know personally.good luck[not that they will need any] to the abs. taffy

hang on a sec, you are being presumptuous, you still could lose to Wales biggrin.gif

One insulting post and a reply and qoute to the post have been deleted. Further such post will deserve a formal warning.

Please keep it nice and civil and keep in mind that what you post not always comes over the way it is intended. Things one intends to be funny may not be come over as such.

The French will head to Eden Park to face hosts the All Blacks in the World Cup Final.

As they did 24-years ago, their third appearance in a decider, the same as New Zealand, while they have only once not reached the semi-finals, exactly as the All Blacks have.

Could there be a more fitting opponent?

http://www.allblacks.com/news/17816/Truly-fitting-the-French-stand-between-the-All-Blacks

so whats the predictions for this weekends matches

firstly, the Wales v Australia game

should be close imo with a close win the welsh, Wales by 3

the final,

All Blacks arent taking the French lightly, i dont think we will see any changes from last weeks game in the starting line up.

Im sure we will see more blood this weekend as both teams will hammer it out to get forward domination, difference I see is the link between forwards and backs, and the firepower the ABs have in the backline. Kicking will be important as well, so hopefully Weepu will have recovered from his flu. Territory will be key.

Im sure we will play it at a high pace throughout the 80 mins, so I expect we will see some tired bodies out there by 60 mins, which might open the game up.

The ABs will hopefully get on the scoreboard early, and not let up till that final whistle goes.....

I cant see it being close in all honesty, ABs by 20 (fingers crossed)

its been a great RWC so far with a great buzz in NZ

21-18 to the Wobblies

Both sides looked jaded and the game lacked accuracy

Missed forward pass in the welsh first try

Wales second try was good, they should have played like that all night but left it too late

Pity they missed the kicks at goal

Edited by Donnyboy

21-18 to the Wobblies

Both sides looked jaded and the game lacked accuracy

Missed forward pass in the welsh first try

Wales second try was good, they should have played like that all night but left it too late

Pity they missed the kicks at goal

missed kicks again to put the pressure on the wobblies after 75mins.i had had enough so i missed a welsh score,barnes take two awards,man of the match,and the other barns[english] the raresberry,poooooooooooooo. taff

just received a page sent to me out of last sundays nz herald,horror decision by alain rolland to send off sam warburton,another papers headlines 14brave men and 1lunatic refereeing decision.so it got me thinking have the refs been told to take a much more leanient view of foul play,after the assault on shane williams by the ausi prop which was full of intent to hurt that player but not even a caution,he was lucky being the smallest player on the field he was knocked up in the air and was visably hurt.so lets see what happens tomorrow,with a south african ref [craig joubert] im thinking he might let a few things go unoticed B)

which haka is likely to be performed in tonights RWC final? (you may not even care but)

i like ka mate, but ever since kapa o pango came out (2005) and its interpretation was known to me, i definitely prefer it

Published words and the NZRU explanation

• Kapa o Pango kia whakawhenua au i ahau! -All Blacks, let me become one with the land
  • Hī aue, hī!Ko Aotearoa e ngunguru nei! -This is our land that rumbles
  • Au, au, aue hā!It's my time! - It's my moment!
  • Ko Kapa o Pango e ngunguru nei! -This defines us as the All Blacks
  • Au, au, aue hā! -It's my time! It's my moment!
  • I āhahā!Ka tū te ihiihi -Our dominance
  • Ka tū te wanawana -Our supremacy will triumph
  • Ki runga ki te rangi e tū iho nei, tū iho nei, hī! - And be placed on high
  • Ponga rā! -Silver fern!
  • Kapa o Pango, aue hī! -All Blacks!
  • Ponga rā! -Silver fern!
  • Kapa o Pango, aue hī, hā! -All Blacks!

Words chanted on field

Taringa whakarongo!

Kia rite! Kia ite! Kia mau! Hī!

Kia whakawhenua au i ahau!

Hī aue, hī!

Ko Aotearoa e ngunguru nei!

Hī au, au, aue hā, hī!

Ko Kapa o Pango e ngunguru nei!

Hī au, au, aue hā, hī!

I āhahā!

Ka tū te Ihiihi

Ka tū te Wanawana

Ki runga ki te rangi

E tū iho nei, tū iho nei, hī!

Ponga rā!

Kapa o Pango, aue hī!'

Ponga rā!

Kapa o Pango, aue hī, hā!

Edited by Donnyboy

odds on i reckon we are going to see the best haka ever seen tonight !

if it doesn't make the hairs on your body stand on end then i don't know what will. good luck to all you kiwis out there where ever you may be.

Edited by tigerfish

Matt Rogers

&

Wendell Sailor

in recent history both played Intl test matches for Union & League.

I believe Sailor was a world-cup winner in 2000, but lost out in the final to England in 2003.

Although Matt Rogers was in the cup-winning side of 2000, after his switch I think he did not play in the World Cup of 2003.

I think Sonny Bill Williams did not play in the 2008 world cup.

SC

Brad Thorn, Australian rugby league international, missed out on the 1995 world cup through his participation in the Superleague in preference to the Australian rugby league. In 2000, he was on his way to New Zealand to play Union, so still looking for a cup winner in both codes...

Congratulations to the All Blacks on a tremendous final against a fired-up French team who played to their ranking for the first time in the tournament

just one question DonnyBoy.

where were you hiding for the last ten minutes of the match ?

in the garden having a fag, in the toilets with a stiff drink or behind the sofa chewing your fingernails off ?

anyway well done mate, party on. the drinks are on you. laugh.gif

btw. would i be right in thinking that just maybe tomorrow is going to be a national holiday down there in N.Z. jap.gif

whew! what a game! didnt expect that one at all

was sh*ting myself from the second half basically and yelling at the telly,

wasnt the best performance of the day from the ABs admittedly but we came thru!!

hats off to the french who played out of their skins. Knew they were up for it as soon as the haka started.

anyway, its a public holiday today, and im off to get some meds for my heart :lol: