Tesco/Lotus Coming To Town [Buntharik]

jamescollister

I figured it would be the women trying to hide the money from the men folk before they rush off to purchase some "exotic" food which no one else will like which for the equivalent price enough local food could have been purchased to feed half the village!

Anyway, what is happened to that sleepy and isolated corner or Ubon?

First a 7/11 in Nam eun, then one in Narchaleuy and now a Tesco in Buntharik!

I figured it would be the women trying to hide the money from the men folk before they rush off to purchase some "exotic" food which no one else will like which for the equivalent price enough local food could have been purchased to feed half the village!

Rubber has changed everything [money] not that many years ago you could sleep in the main street of Buntharik, now you can't find a parking space. Gets any worse I'm moving to Lao. Jim

Buntharik is the same distance roughly as Det from my place so doubt I will ever get over that way to do a little tescoing but on the few occasions that I had visited in the past (5 years ago) I remember not being able to find an internet shop and even struggled to find a restaurant that was open.

Too many Aussies?? :rolleyes::D

Buntharik is the same distance roughly as Det from my place so doubt I will ever get over that way to do a little tescoing but on the few occasions that I had visited in the past (5 years ago) I remember not being able to find an internet shop and even struggled to find a restaurant that was open.

Can always hope that someone will now open a bar as we will have a shopping centre. Could be an opening for a bright young man like me. Jim

Must be! Have a read here..... http://www.smh.com.au/travel/blogs/the-backpacker/wherever-you-go-theres-always-an-aussie-20110614-1g143.html?comments=38#comments

Must be! Have a read here..... http://www.smh.com.au/travel/blogs/the-backpacker/wherever-you-go-theres-always-an-aussie-20110614-1g143.html?comments=38#comments

Good link Memock, but on a per capita bases can't compete with the Norwegians. Jim

Nahm Yuen - what an awful place, hard to find somewhere to eat or an internet cafe.daetudom in comparison is positively exciting with wife's village situated halfway between the two

Several internet shops in Nam Yun, 2 across from the hospital, a couple along the main rd, 1 or 2 near the market/bus station.

Good Thai and European food at Suan Loong Daeng, on rd 2248, 13 km west of N Y. :whistling::D

Good link Memock, but on a per capita bases can't compete with the Norwegians. Jim

It's a shame that the author didn't mention how good looking the Aussie was walking along the dusty road in his Thai village. :rolleyes: