English Man Discovers The Body Of His Wife

britmaveric

I'm staying out of this because i'll be very abusive otherwise :o

are you from Samui Womble?

I have been spending more and more time in Samui, I also visit Phuket regulary, but I now have a house in Samui, which I often use at weekends. It was a toss up bewteen Samui or Phuket, but I saw Samui as a better investment, so I opted for Samui.

I'm involved in a few projects in Samui which are quite interesting, there's some serious $ to be made on that Island.

I like Samui and wish I could spend more time there.

Oxford Will obviously understands what i'm saying, it seems for most members it's a bitter pill to swallow and the truth hurts. Fact is having a hooker gf is sad, you should have aimed slightly higher, spend less time in those horrid bars, and you might meet some normal people/ladies.

"I supposes the bar girls are just prostitutes and not people to

you or your friends and work mates,

but I bet you go round the bars and massage parlors using people"

Finally someone has got it, yes bargirls are prostitutes, nothing more nothing less. We are all people.

I hardy ever go to gogo/beer bars, I hate them, I prefer normal bars and clubs. But often a night out could start in a few gogo's, thats usually when someone from out of town is here, and only if it's an all farang group, I've never gone to a gogo with a Thai.

Yes I do sometimes go for a massage.

If you notice I never said I thought there was anything wrong with banging a brass now and then, I just don't think they fit into the 'perfect' wife box.

Leave them in the short time rooms boys, I wouldn't be seen dead in Public with one of these girls on my arm.

I guess 99.9% of you with bargirl girlfriends eigher really don't care what people think, or really think a bargirl is a good catch, eigher way I feel sorry for you.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this thread has gone completely off topic and should be closed. All this b1tching is not going to accomplish anything and really has just gotten OLD.

Get back on topic. It's a sad thing when anyone dies and for someone to come home and find their loved one dead is really something I would not wish to happen to me. Where are your brains? :o

From a purely objective standpoint, can someone please show me something Womble has said that is not true? Obviously, he could have said it a nicer way.

Personally I think he has a couple of very valid points. Try to turn the tables around and imagne an expat (say a Thai) working in your country marrying a prostitute he met in a bar. It would strike me as odd - it is his choice, and not really any of my business, but I would have problems taking him a 100% seriously afterwards. In Thailand, I have become used to seeing farangs with bargirl wives, but for Thai people, it must seem a bit weird when an educated, well-paid foreigner working and living here goes out and picks a life partner who is as far from the Thai ideal of what a wife should be as possible. I am not saying it is wrong, but pause for a moment, and think of how it is percieved by the Thais.

Would be interesting to have a Thai person comment on this subject - at the moment the discussion seems to be divided into two camps, basically farangs with bar wives VS farangs without bar wives.....

Edited by WhiteShiva

If you notice I never said I thought there was anything wrong with banging a brass now and then, I just don't think they fit into the 'perfect' wife box.

Leave them in the short time rooms boys, I wouldn't be seen dead in Public with one of these girls on my arm.

Ive met a few "corporate wives" who have mattresses strapped to their backs as well.............only difference is they have no buisness accumen , they give it away for free...........think about that next time your out with your missus and your boss.

Nuff said. :D

Edit............surprised this topic has survived so long. :o

Edited by thaiflyer1

This poor guy has found his wife hanging and within 8 posts it gets automatically assumed that she is a (ex-)bargirl. There is nothing in the report to say she is a bargirl so lets show her and her grieving husband some respect and assume that they were a regular married couple.

Womble, I started off understanding where you were coming from, but then your true views started to show. I agree that someone who is uneducated will have problems fitting in with senior level management at a function, if they were discussing business etc. However just because someone is uneducated, it does not mean they are foul mouthed and classless as you seem to suggest. Similarly some people in senior position act like complete knobheads at sales conferences etc when they have had a few beers. You should judge the individual person, not sterotype.

You ask why someone would want a relationship with an uneducated prostitute. Maybe because they have fun together and love each other? Just because they are uneducated does not mean that they are stupid and cannot have a decent conversation about things. I come from a council estate in England and so would probably not fit in with high level management at a charity ball in the UK, because they would make assumptions based on my accent etc. You say they/we would not know how to behave at such a function. I would be polite and courteous. Is that not how it is done? And for the record, despite where I grew up, I managed to get a university degree and have a pretty good job which allows me to live comfortably here. More to the point I have a life outside work and am happy. How many of these high flying guys can say that.

Quite frankly I would not want a professional and/or well educated Lady, or a decent moral person. Sounds boring to me. I want someone who I have fun with, talk with and who makes me happy to be with (good sex also helps :o ). I do not want a boring, prudish trophy girl thanks.

You really showed yourself to be a bit of a pompous <deleted> when you listed the sort of women you do not want as a long term partner (BTW they are women, not girls as you describe them). No divorced women - why? Maybe there was a very good reason for it. No children? Moral, educated women can have kids and be divorced too. Are they still off the list? No feminists lol. God forbid she thought for herself and wanted equality with you old chap. Lazy and rude I agree with, but that can apply to any class.

You cap your ignorance of things when you say that "Most expats here probobally own their own business like a bar, or something in the tourist sector". Besides you're poor spelling, where do you get the idea that most expats own bars or tour groups? Some certainly do, but I bet they are a minority.

The icing on the cake though, that really shows what a hypocritical, snobbish, chauvinistic, class obssessed muppet you really are is that you think it is ok for you to go sleeping with 'brass', but your wife has to be all pure and virginal.

This poor guy has found his wife hanging and within 8 posts it gets automatically assumed that she is a (ex-)bargirl.  There is nothing in the report to say she is a bargirl so lets show her and her grieving husband some respect and assume that they were a regular married couple.

Womble, I started off understanding where you were coming from, but then your true views started to show.  I agree that someone who is uneducated will have problems fitting in with senior level management at a function, if they were discussing business etc.  However just because someone is uneducated, it does not mean they are foul mouthed and classless as you seem to suggest.  Similarly some people in senior position act like complete knobheads at sales conferences etc when they have had a few beers.  You should judge the individual person, not sterotype. 

You ask why someone would want a relationship with an uneducated prostitute.  Maybe because they have fun together and love each other?  Just because they are uneducated does not mean that they are stupid and cannot have a decent conversation about things.  I come from a council estate in England and so would probably not fit in with high level management at a charity ball in the UK, because they would make assumptions based on my accent etc.  You say they/we would not know how to behave at such a function.  I would be polite and courteous.  Is that not how it is done?  And for the record, despite where I grew up, I managed to get a university degree and have a pretty good job which allows me to live comfortably here.  More to the point I have a life outside work and am happy.  How many of these high flying guys can say that.

Quite frankly I would not want a professional and/or well educated Lady, or a decent moral person.  Sounds boring to me.  I want someone who I have fun with, talk with and who makes me happy to be with (good sex also helps  :D ).  I do not want a boring, prudish trophy girl thanks.

You really showed yourself to be a bit of a pompous <deleted> when you listed the sort of women you do not want as a long term partner (BTW they are women, not girls as you describe them).  No divorced women - why?  Maybe there was a very good reason for it.  No children?  Moral, educated women can have kids and be divorced too.  Are they still off the list?  No feminists lol.  God forbid she thought for herself and wanted equality with you old chap.  Lazy and rude I agree with, but that can apply to any class.

You cap your ignorance of things when you say that "Most expats here probobally own their own business like a bar, or something in the tourist sector".  Besides you're poor spelling, where do you get the idea that most expats own bars or tour groups?  Some certainly do, but I bet they are a minority.

The icing on the cake though, that really shows what a hypocritical, snobbish, chauvinistic, class obssessed muppet you really are is that you think it is ok for you to go sleeping with 'brass', but your wife has to be all pure and virginal.

Morning everyone.....

I see this one is still going then, despite being off-topic, but having re-read the whole thing again I have to say that the above post is Brilliant and says almost everything there is to be said - the whole debate is based on opinions from 2 parties who, on this occassion, will have to agree to disagree.

IMHO

:o

Finally someone has got it, yes bargirls are prostitutes, nothing more nothing less.  We are all people. 

You are the biggest Prostitute of them all, Womble. You have indeed, admitted on here that you have "Sold" yourself for your career and have had to conform to Corporate identities.

This poor guy has found his wife hanging and within 8 posts it gets automatically assumed that she is a (ex-)bargirl.  There is nothing in the report to say she is a bargirl so lets show her and her grieving husband some respect and assume that they were a regular married couple.

Womble, I started off understanding where you were coming from, but then your true views started to show.  I agree that someone who is uneducated will have problems fitting in with senior level management at a function, if they were discussing business etc.  However just because someone is uneducated, it does not mean they are foul mouthed and classless as you seem to suggest.  Similarly some people in senior position act like complete knobheads at sales conferences etc when they have had a few beers.  You should judge the individual person, not sterotype. 

You ask why someone would want a relationship with an uneducated prostitute.  Maybe because they have fun together and love each other?  Just because they are uneducated does not mean that they are stupid and cannot have a decent conversation about things.  I come from a council estate in England and so would probably not fit in with high level management at a charity ball in the UK, because they would make assumptions based on my accent etc.  You say they/we would not know how to behave at such a function.  I would be polite and courteous.  Is that not how it is done?  And for the record, despite where I grew up, I managed to get a university degree and have a pretty good job which allows me to live comfortably here.  More to the point I have a life outside work and am happy.  How many of these high flying guys can say that.

Quite frankly I would not want a professional and/or well educated Lady, or a decent moral person.  Sounds boring to me.  I want someone who I have fun with, talk with and who makes me happy to be with (good sex also helps  :D ).  I do not want a boring, prudish trophy girl thanks.

You really showed yourself to be a bit of a pompous <deleted> when you listed the sort of women you do not want as a long term partner (BTW they are women, not girls as you describe them).  No divorced women - why?  Maybe there was a very good reason for it.  No children?  Moral, educated women can have kids and be divorced too.  Are they still off the list?  No feminists lol.  God forbid she thought for herself and wanted equality with you old chap.  Lazy and rude I agree with, but that can apply to any class.

You cap your ignorance of things when you say that "Most expats here probobally own their own business like a bar, or something in the tourist sector".  Besides you're poor spelling, where do you get the idea that most expats own bars or tour groups?  Some certainly do, but I bet they are a minority.

A most excellent post StateSix :o

excellent post and very well put could not put it better myself. :o

he never said virginal, just that he didnt want a future wife to have had more pricks than a 2nd hand dart board :o

he never said virginal, just that he didnt want a future wife to have had more pricks than a 2nd hand dart board :D

Which seems to really annoy some of the posters here. Wonder why? :o

he never said virginal, just that he didnt want a future wife to have had more pricks than a 2nd hand dart board :D

Which seems to really annoy some of the posters here. Wonder why? :o

Correct, I never said Virginal. Sorry to ruin your post that certian TV members seem to think is so excellant.

I actually said I prefer my longterm girlfriends to have had a total number of sleeping partners in single figures, ie. Less than 10.

I really can't see anything wrong with that statement. I make no claims whatsoever that I am better than others, or that i am a saint, I admit to the odd massage, I just find it rather sad tho (another spelling mistake) that most people can't draw the line between what should be an hr or 2 of fun, not a lifetime of 'mutual love'.

Really the only point I am making is that I couldn't marry a prostitute.

Sorry bro, but another blow to your oh so excellant post,

you stated "However just because someone is uneducated, it does not mean they are foul mouthed and classless as you seem to suggest"

I actually said,

"Girls who are prostitutes, divorced, have kids, have mental problems, are drug addicts, feminists, don't have a job, lazy, rude, whatever."

I'm not saying Bar girls are all of those, but any girl from any country with any of those is right down the ranking list when it comes to my choise of prefered longterm partner.

Thats any women, Thai or farang.

As for farangs working here, I never mentioned tour groups, I said bars or something in the tourist sector.

Hmmm,

I still reckon most farangs that work here are involved in the tertiary sector, primarily tourism.

I also never said I had anything against class, I just said a partner from the lower echelons of thai society is not accepted by upperclass Thais. This is a fact, and if you mix in these circles, which no doubt some members do, they will confirm this. It has nothing to do with right or wrong, but everything to do with making the right choises for a happy successful future.

Another flaw in your post related to the class thing.

remember me writing "There are many girls from the same villages who choose to work as maids, waitresses, cleaners, cooks. I would choose any of these girls over an ex pro"

These girls are from the same class, and I have no problem with them as a partner, it just so happens that because I take my Job seriously, and have certain responsibilities to the company I work for, it can and never will be an option for me.

I saved the best till last tho............................

"The icing on the cake though, that really shows what a hypocritical, snobbish, chauvinistic, class obssessed muppet you really are is that you think it is ok for you to go sleeping with 'brass', but your wife has to be all pure and virginal."

This climax to your post is quite simply wrong. Re-read my post, and next time you criticise me, atleast get your facts right.

And BTW, it's a forum, Spelling doesn't matter, it's not an A Level exam, even tho your girl has already passed hers with 100's of punters! :D

So I guess i'm well and truly f***ed then as my wife is divorced, has 2 kids, worked in a bar and has tattoos :D:o she miles ahead and has better manners than some of the arrogant, stuck up people that i've met. (some of them were in Samui funnily enough)

What a load of <deleted> this thread has turned into. :D

(Ps Tread carefully if replying about my missus, i'll only say that once.) :D

any chance of this thread being put to bed.

Edited by davethailand

So I guess i'm well and truly f***ed then as my wife is divorced, has 2 kids, worked in a bar and has tattoos :D  :o she miles ahead and has better manners than some of the arrogant, stuck up people that i've met. (some of them were in Samui funnily enough)

What a load of <deleted> this thread has turned into.  :D

(Ps Tread carefully if replying about my missus, i'll only say that once.) :D

any chance of this thread being put to bed.

Ok lests finish the thread, it is getting out of hand.

appologies to anyone insulted by previous comments.

When I made my first post It was never intended to go this way.

Thread Closed!

Uh but it's far better for him to have stuck more ladies than a 2nd hand dart board - hypocrite and classless <deleted> comes to mind. :o

Well done StateSix - nice post. :D

I always like to read these sort of threads.

Its amazing how much anger and contempt for others people store up.

On the one side you have Womble spouting about how disgusting 'brasses' are.

On the other those who have relationships/married former BG's spitting venom at anyone who harbours such views.

17:52 and the suns shining. Cold beer awaits. Let it go boys let it go.

Womble, I have been reading your replies for the better part of today, and whenever I think "He can't get any dumber than this!", you mouth off again.....

I actually said I prefer my long term girlfriends to have had a total number of sleeping partners in single figures, ie. Less than 10.
Now where I come from, the above young lady is a PRO, has loose morals, easy to lay, Rode Hard and Put away WET!
I really can't see anything wrong with that statement. I make no claims whatsoever that I am better than others, or that i am a saint, I admit to the odd massage, I just find it rather sad tho (another spelling mistake) that most people can't draw the line between what should be an hr or 2 of fun, not a lifetime of 'mutual love'.

Wow, Why should other people draw the line in accordance with your standards? I dare say, you are wrapped a little tight for Thailand or probably anywhere else except a strict Islamic State.

Really the only point I am making is that I couldn't marry a prostitute.
Great..... At least you identified this as an individual preference and didn't demonize everybody else their choices......
"Girls who are prostitutes, divorced, have kids, have mental problems, are drug addicts, feminists, don't have a job, lazy, rude, whatever."

Ahhh.... This isn't a full sentence! Missed that week in school, huh?

As for farangs working here, I never mentioned tour groups, I said bars or something in the tourist sector.

Hmmm,

I still reckon most farangs that work here are involved in the tertiary sector, primarily tourism.

Well you started off OK, then regressed to pot shots again....... Inasmuch as I haven't seen the data, I will make a wild ass guess like you, I think a majority of the falangs are working in the educational sector! Who cares? Are they happy! Are they a burden to society? Who the <deleted> cares!
I also never said I had anything against class, I just said a partner from the lower echelons of thai society is not accepted by upperclass Thais. This is a fact, and if you mix in these circles, which no doubt some members do, they will confirm this. It has nothing to do with right or wrong, but everything to do with making the right choises for a happy successful future.

You seem to be pretty hung up on class aren't you? God forbid the day when a classless society truly emerges....... you wouldn't have anybody to look down on.

remember me writing "There are many girls from the same villages who choose to work as maids, waitresses, cleaners, cooks. I would choose any of these girls over an ex pro"
Boy, that's really big of you....... what makes you think that you pass muster for them? You seem to think that you are a wanted commodity, you had better get a second opinion on that one chief!
These girls are from the same class, and I have no problem with them as a partner, it just so happens that because I take my Job seriously, and have certain responsibilities to the company I work for, it can and never will be an option for me.

Well now, I know what I am going to say will go on deaf ears, but you don't owe your company shit! They own you 9-5 M-Fr, the rest of the time is your own...... you are doing this, not the company!

I saved the best till last tho............................

"The icing on the cake though, that really shows what a hypocritical, snobbish, chauvinistic, class obssessed muppet you really are is that you think it is ok for you to go sleeping with 'brass', but your wife has to be all pure and virginal."

This climax to your post is quite simply wrong. Re-read my post, and next time you criticise me, atleast get your facts right.

Truth hurts doesn't it?
And BTW, it's a forum, Spelling doesn't matter, it's not an A Level exam, even tho your girl has already passed hers with 100's of punters!

I will save my best for last........ When you are trying to impress people by your vast pool of knowledge, you at least try to spell correctly! Then you go on to pot shot again, are you between the ages of 20-25? Your immaturity shows through, If you are older than 25, you should be ashamed. Regardless, I would suggest you apologize to your parents for wasting a lot of money on your education. You didn't learn anything did you.......... :o

Ps. - I didn't bother correcting your spelling mistakes.

womble , you seem to think that prostitutes are the same the world over , it doesnt take much intelligence to realise that thai bar girls in general are nothing like the dysfunctional social types that most prostitutes in the west are.

they are more like the girls that you find in almost any singles bar in the west.

fun loving and up for it.

some make good life partners , some dont.

just like women from any level of society.

i have met many couples in the uk , falangs and ex bar girl wives , and the wives usually adapt well to life there. for the girl , bar work is easier than factory or farm work and pays better.

you can accuse them of laziness , but other than that , you have no case to put.

asking husbands to support the family is common for most thai girls on a low income , not just bar girls.

their lack of formal education beyond say e.g. 14 years old does not necessarily mean a lack of common sense or intelligence.

you do these girls a great injustice by your comments.

there are plenty of girls from all backgrounds who are promiscuous.

it seems you have a problem with promiscuity rather than prostitution , seeing as you see nothing wrong with paying for sex.

perhaps you should question your upbringing more as to why you feel like this.

catholic school perhaps ?

Tax - I couldnt agree with you more.

The main problem I have with womble is his attitude and lack of respect, not to mention his hypocritical nature. I'm sure there are those out there as he describes, but for the most part these ladies are lovely people with hearts of gold. They might not have formal education, but some of them are very bright and intelligent.

Case in point - mate of mine happened to go with a lady and her english was non-existant. I ran into her 18months later and she speaks perfect english. I wish I could easily learn a language that well in 18months. :o

Case in point - mate of mine happened to go with a lady and her english was non-existant. I ran into her 18months later and she speaks perfect english. I wish I could easily learn a language that well in 18months.  :D

Case point No.2. My Mrs (although not a former BG, not that it matters one jot) originally from Chaiya Phum (Issaan) and not had a high level education, spent time working in family business in Bangkok. She speaks fluent Bangkok Thai, Issaan and Chiang Mai (is it Jow or something like that). She has now been in the Uk only 3 weeks and my family and friends cannot beleive how she has improved her English, in such a short time. That will make her soon, fluent in 4 languages...puts me, my Masters Degree and my efforts to learn Thai, to shame. For those Tv'ers out there who have met and talked to her, i think they will also vouch, she is also as sharp as knife. :o

And that passed two boring days of rain!!!

Sorry guys,

I don't work for a corp, or mix in those stupid circles.

It is so funny though to see how everyone gets so wound up.

:D

Hopefully it's sunny tomorow, cos it's been ###### boring these last few days.

Can't believe the amount of times this type of thread has been done, and it's still the same people who reply, with the same old answers. Same with the Pedo threads.

Sorry but have you nothing better to do other than keep re-writing and arguing over the same stupid shit.

Surely not everyone was rained in for 2 days, somewhere in Thailand must have had a dry spell.

Funniest thing is this has been going on for 2 days, now if I was working in the finance sector would I have time to write all this crap???

Someone should have spotted that!

That was a made up Charactor, nothing like the real me, if it was me though I would have just thought what an ignorant prick, not bothered wasting my times with the same old replys.

I really think Admin should close these Threads, and just link to one thread, cos it's been done a million times. :D

:o

yeah sorry, I know it's in poor taste, but it's stuff thats been said a thousand times on here.

I was trying to prove a point that it's the same people who keep rising to the bait.

I mean why bother when this comes up on probobally a weekly occurance. :o

was trying to prove a point that it's the same people who keep rising to the bait.

I mean why bother when this comes up on probobally a weekly occurance

wombat , when a poster comes on and slags off a whole section of society in a nasty and hypocritical way , and elevates his own position to one approaching righteousness , its only natural that those either from that group or with contacts and dealings with members of that group will take to their keyboards to defend their position.

what do you expect. if you insult someone , either for real or as a wind up , of course the same people who feel sleighted will respond in an angry manner , it would be strange and spineless of them if they didnt.

i dont know what point you were trying to make.

but i dont think you made it.

yeah sorry, I know it's in poor taste, but it's stuff thats been said a thousand times on here.

I was trying to prove a point that it's the same people who keep rising to the bait.

I mean why bother when this comes up on probobally a weekly occurance. :o

It's redundant topic, no doubt, but why let someone go on when it's a rather wrong way of thinking? It's ones duty who has knowledge on a particular subject to defend those unable to speak. The "character" you portrayed basically made an arse out of himself which was rather obvious the more you typed. However that being said - you yanked us. :D

Edited by britmaveric

It was purely boredom that motivated it. But it was particulary the rehashed pedo hang em high and BGvsGG threads that are so repetitive.

A few of the replys were good, much better than my lame tale, but 90% of the posts were same old same old.