Harley`s In Thailand

dagling

Should not be a problem with part,,,,hhhm where do you live if its out in nowhere maybe it could be a little hard to get part, new Harleys dont need part :) my 2002 had not had any problems so far, only the gasohol problem, hate that shi.te

Harley Thailand is well organised, but service homoleg bikes only, not grey imports

Dont know where you are located, but West Coast in Phuket is presently building up a high end Harley servicecenter. Some parts can still take a week or two.

My Honda VTX 1800 used to take a month to get parts, so not bad ;)

If you want inexpensive parts next day, and qualified service in all Provinces in Thailand, there is presently only one choice of cruiser in TH, Kawasaki 900 Vulcan

parts and service everywhere almost, in Issan, you have surin, Sisket, Udon, Khon Khen, Ubon, Korat all have people work on them, and can get parts. mostly from Bangkok, the one in Sisket orders from overseas himself. so reall no problem anywhere,

Out of curiosity how much does it cost for a service at a "proper" Harley dealer.

My old Honda Phantom used to cost about 350 baht every 2,000 km, service and parts were available almost anywhere and I could get it fixed almost anywhere in Thailand.

Out of curiosity how much does it cost for a service at a "proper" Harley dealer.

My old Honda Phantom used to cost about 350 baht every 2,000 km, service and parts were available almost anywhere and I could get it fixed almost anywhere in Thailand.

And the point is???

Phantom vs Harley, yea right

parts and service everywhere almost, in Issan, you have surin, Sisket, Udon, Khon Khen, Ubon, Korat all have people work on them, and can get parts. mostly from Bangkok, the one in Sisket orders from overseas himself. so reall no problem anywhere,

Nice, I live close to Khon Kaen.

If you want inexpensive parts next day, and qualified service in all Provinces in Thailand, there is presently only one choice of cruiser in TH, Kawasaki 900 Vulcan

That`s what I am driving for the moment;-) Vulcan 900 Custom -2010.

914084.jpeg

Edited by dagling

That`s what I am driving for the moment;-) Vulcan 900 Custom -2010.

914084.jpeg

Nice bike. the chromed straight pipes on matt black bike looks great :)

If you want hazzlefree riding, keep it. All others there is always some waiting for parts

And the point is???

actually similar in design - style - running gear etc etc you are blinded by the fact that 10 times the price actually means 10x better, I see no difference, both perform like tractors owners remove exhausts to annoy everyone around and they handle like shi.te, lets not even get into the comfort area, noise - vibration, I remember going on a bike run and a couple of choppers turned up - nobody wanted to ride near them because of the noise, luckily they couldn't keep up anyway and had to stop every 30mins for joints and ear recovery

And the point is???

actually similar in design - style - running gear etc etc you are blinded by the fact that 10 times the price actually means 10x better, I see no difference, both perform like tractors owners remove exhausts to annoy everyone around and they handle like shi.te, lets not even get into the comfort area, noise - vibration, I remember going on a bike run and a couple of choppers turned up - nobody wanted to ride near them because of the noise, luckily they couldn't keep up anyway and had to stop every 30mins for joints and ear recovery

All lies :lol:

I dont think you have ridden a Harley since the 60/70/80s.

You really must be riding with a fussy group and if you are really concerned about noise drop back or over take, Have never seen a chopper that was so loud people couldnt ride with them, unless of couse you want to ride so close to hold his hand.

Harleys are built for comfort and the new models have no problem cruizing all day at over 160klm/h. All I read is a typical hater that knows nothing about Harley davidson at all.

Big Cycle is in Udon Thani. They have parts. 8,000 baht for a FLH battery. 360 baht for oil.

I found a local brand of oil that meets all of Harley specs for 800 or 850 Baht for 6 litres.

Parts are here but it depends on what you need. It is expensive compared to the states but if you are from Scandinavia I doubt it is too bad compared to what you pay there.

You really must be riding with a fussy group and if you are really concerned about noise drop back or over take, Have never seen a chopper that was so loud people couldnt ride with them, unless of couse you want to ride so close to hold his hand.

Harleys are built for comfort and the new models have no problem cruizing all day at over 160klm/h. All I read is a typical hater that knows nothing about Harley davidson at all.

I agree with above, newer HD's have rubber mounted engines so no vibes on handlebar or foot board/pegs.

No matter what people said, a Kawa Vulkan will never be the same as the real deal, Thais love HD's, you get a huge amount of thumbs up from the police/people when riding a HD.

Yes you can have your grey import HD serviced at the HD dealers in BKK & Pattaya, I asked and they said no problem.

Okay some are too noisy, I was once riding with one guy and I told him to ride behind me as the racket from his pipes was ear defeating. He later bought new pipes, he-he.

And the point is???

I've owned several, but, yes, 60/70/80's. My last was a new 1980 Fat Bob. It was f'ing beautiful, but what a POS! After having it for a couple of years, I said, "That's it; I'm finished. I'll never own another Harley." I've stood by that and never looked back. German and Japanese bikes are so much better, well, from the standopint of maintenance and handling. If the "WOW" factor is most important, Harley is top dog. Especially, if you like the matching shirts, belts, underwear, etc., which produces the majority of Harley Davidson's income. They sell a few bikes, too!

Edited by TongueThaied

Big Cycle is in Udon Thani. They have parts. 8,000 baht for a FLH battery. 360 baht for oil.

I found a local brand of oil that meets all of Harley specs for 800 or 850 Baht for 6 litres.

Parts are here but it depends on what you need. It is expensive compared to the states but if you are from Scandinavia I doubt it is too bad compared to what you pay there.

Best to hunt around and order and import your own parts, The biggest problem at Big cycle is a non trained mechanic that seem to have problems doing the most simple of jobs,

As well has pissed many of over the years with his attitude.

I've owned several, but, yes, 60/70/80's. My last was a new 1980 Fat Bob. It was f'ing beautiful, but what a POS! After having it for a couple of years, I said, "That's it; I'm finished. I'll never own another Harley." I've stood by that and never looked back. German and Japanese bikes are so much better, well, from the standopint of maintenance and handling. If the "WOW" factor is most important, Harley is top dog. Especially, if you like the matching shirts, belts, underwear, etc., which produces the majority of Harley Davidson's income. They sell a few bikes, too!

Well I doubt it was a Fat bob or a Fat boy in 1980 :lol: but carry on.

And the point is???

Ha ha ha that comment got me laughing for a long time, i can hear you have no idea about Harley, have you ever been riding one??? Do you own a bike, i mean big bike like 800cc+, i doubt it but hey you are funny :D

41 years on Harleys as of this week, and they have changed a lot over that period of time. I suggest that you do not have the foggiest idea of what you are talking about

And yes, during that 41 years I have also concurrently owned Japanese, British, German, Italian, Swedish, Indian, and Spanish bikes. I currently ride a HD, Enfgield, and Thai made Jap bike.

Horses for courses

I agree with above, newer HD's have rubber mounted engines so no vibes on handlebar or foot board/pegs.

No matter what people said, a Kawa Vulkan will never be the same as the real deal, Thais love HD's, you get a huge amount of thumbs up from the police/people when riding a HD.

Yes you can have your grey import HD serviced at the HD dealers in BKK & Pattaya, I asked and they said no problem.

Okay some are too noisy, I was once riding with one guy and I told him to ride behind me as the racket from his pipes was ear defeating. He later bought new pipes, he-he.

I get the same thumbs up from HD riders as well, along with the big grins when the thundering italian parks near them. All I see is a lot pf parity and love for the exotic twins, The exotics are still special here and in other parts of the world. Kinda glad that not everyone chooses to own one. Each to there own. :D

And the point is???

Ha ha ha that comment got me laughing for a long time, i can hear you have no idea about Harley, have you ever been riding one??? Do you own a bike, i mean big bike like 800cc+, i doubt it but hey you are funny :D

if someone gave me a free HD right now I would sell it immediatly and buy a proper motorbike

PS I've owned a 1100cc "Motorbike" in Thailand last 6 years :whistling:

I guess I just yanking your chain a little - enjoy and be safe

And the point is???

I am sorry that you did not understand the question.

I don't think it would be possible to make it easier to answer.

The point is how much does it cost for a service at a proper Harley dealer.

It did not require a sarcastic response nor was it a comparison between the two other than the ability to get a Honda repaired and serviced at a reasonable price anywhere in Thailand.

You seem to think that anybody who does not ride a Harley is somewhat beneath you.

You seem to live for your bike and little else which is rather sad really.

if someone gave me a free HD right now I would sell it immediatly and buy a proper motorbike

and I would do exactly the same ;)

cause I want handling, performance, brakes, reliability and spareparts next day, all at sensible prices :D

BTW as i recall, Smedly was one of the guys riding his 1100 from Pats to Phuket for Ghostriders bike weekend last fall/autumn

cause I want handling, performance, brakes, reliability and spareparts next day, all at sensible prices :D

BTW as i recall, Smedly was one of the guys riding his 1100 from Pats to Phuket for Ghostriders bike weekend last fall/autumn

I have nothig against HD at all, but for an absolute faultess piece of machinery was my last cruiser I owned in the Middle East. A bought new 2002 Yamaha Dragstar XVS1100A. I regret to this day selling this beautiful bike.It would not look out of place at any show. Handled well and had massive front brakes. I made the odd personal touches to it. B)

Picture006-1.jpg

Picture002-1.jpg

Good points.

HD have improved a lot in the last decade, still well over-priced in LOS but mainly due to the tax and if you pick up a decent second hand one at a good price then the re-sale value makes them an affordable option for fans of cruisers.

Edited by sbk
discussion of moderation removed

My bike use belt :) good to hear you have a bike, just make me smile more when you compare HD and Phantom and i still think you have never been riding a newer Harley, dont even want to ask what 1100 you have.

I have nothig against HD at all, but for an absolute faultess piece of machinery was my last cruiser I owned in the Middle East. A bought new 2002 Yamaha Dragstar XVS1100A. I regret to this day selling this beautiful bike.It would not look out of place at any show. Handled well and had massive front brakes. I made the odd personal touches to it. B)

a few years back I wanted a Harley. Tryed a handful 2001 twincams and younger. Disapointed indeed.

ended up with 2005 Honda VTX 1800

post-81971-0-08466700-1309091695_thumb.jpost-81971-0-57632400-1309091740_thumb.j

but to be fair, even worse getting spareparts in TH.......