Phone Number Transportability

OzMick

I have recently bought a DTAC SIM for its much better internet access. (I use my phone as a Bluetooth dongle) The trouble is, my AIS number is all over the place, on posters and bikes. Can I transfer my AIS number to my DTAC SIM?

Have tried talking to their call centre but keep getting a negative with no real reason. The AIS number has been in use for 10+ years and is registered in my name.

Any help much appreciated.

Number portability was in the news last year quite a bit, and the last stories I saw indicated it was supposed to be available starting December 2010.

I inquired at DTAC in Khon Kaen about a month ago regarding porting my AIS number over to DTAC, and they told me there would be no problem with doing it. The entire process should take about 3 days they told me.

I was checking into this due to a pending purchase of a smart phone, and was initially under the impression DTAC had 3G availability that AIS does not. That appears to not be true now, so I have not acted on it at this time.

I will say that my initial impressions of DTAC were more positive than AIS; in particular it seems more farang friendly, especially with the availability of English on the website. With AIS, you can toggle English on the home page, but once you go deeper, much of the content discussing various services, promotions, etc. is in Thai only.

You should contact DTAC. Maybe go to one of their bigger stores like Paragon? It's called MNP (mobile Number Portability) here.

Maybe have a Thai person help you with this page... http://www.dtac.co.th/mnp/index.php

You can set up call diverts from your AIS number to your DTAC number until you get the MNP issue sorted out. Typically this is a menu pick on a handset, Call, Settings, Diverts, Divert all calls, enter your DTAC number 08xNNNNNNN. You will pay per minute charges, form the AIS balance, for the diverted calls. Depending on budgets it may be best to just keep the AIS number and not risk mucking it up with MNP?

Calling party numbers pass on diverted calls, BTW.

Edited by lomatopo

Google translate worked on some of that DTAC MNP page...

Change the network number. Started when

DTAC's network to provide the same number since Dec 5, 2553, customers who are interested can contact the branch offices are open.

Customers from any network that can change the network to DTAC.

Customers can change the network to all networks using DTAC as the number of landline telephone number of the TOT, TT & T etc.

What if you can not use the same network number serotypes.

1. The number of requests to transfer a number that has been illegally The cause for the sake of national security.

2. The number of requests to transfer a number of pending litigation. Or in distress or not changed as a lawful command.

3. The numbers do not transfer the number of people to migrate.

4. Number for the transfer is canceled or the suspension of service due to non-payment or the terms of service.

5. Number for transfer under the transfer. (If the transfer request to move the stack).

6. Users are requested not to transfer documents as required by clause, and / or sufficient evidence that he is the possessor of the real numbers.

7. The user fails to register their mobile phones to be completed prior to the service providers for seven (7) days prior to the transfer line.

8. Mobile number to be transferred between a user request.

9. The service is still a fee to be paid to the provider. Payment shall be announced by the National Telecommunications Commission. Of the 2549 Article 32 telecom service providers.

10. Service contracts with service providers under the same terms and conditions that must be used according to the time specified in the contract.

11. The user has submitted a transfer request to move the mobile number before the expiration of ninety days from the date of activation.

documents to be included in the network change anything.

For Home.

- Identification and a copy. Ready for a certified copy of valid

ID Card or other photo issued by government agencies such as government ID cards, driver's license, identification card, students, foreign workers identity cards, passports. A certified true copy.

- Documentation, registration was given to the original network. (In case of non-ID card).

The empowerment of people to apply, please attach

- the original Power of Attorney. Copy of ID card of the proxy

- ID card. With a copy of attorney

to facilitate the replacement network. Please bring your invoice or receipt from the original network with. To verify the information listed on the original network more quickly.

Time how long the network.

For customers to switch networks up to 24 numbers, it takes 3 working days from the date of the first customers into the transfer process. (Depending on the capacity of the network. And the number of customers who want to change the network in that time).

Costs or not.

The National Telecommunications Commission (NTC), the fee is 99 baht per 1 line (including VAT), the cost is the income of the company as an intermediary in the transfer of the network is its center. Service is limited by the number of DTAC are just as representative payee only.

DTAC will give you a new SIM card or not.

Get a new SIM card from DTAC is the number from the first day to apply for the network. Then use the new SIM card from DTAC, once the process is finished.

While awaiting the results of the network. You can use your existing network SIM card or not.

Normally available until the morning of the procedure is finished. This is the day to start the DTAC.

Not sure if all these locations can process MNPs:

Office of the DTAC. Mimosa Square branch.

Open daily 10:00 to 19:00 am

Office of the DTAC. 3rd Floor, Siam Paragon.

Open Mon - Fri 11.00 - 20.00 pm / s - and public holidays 10:00 to 20:00 am

Office of the DTAC. Central Pinklao, 3.

Office of the DTAC. Future Park Rangsit branch 2.

Office of the DTAC. Fashion Island.

Office of the DTAC. Central World, 4.

Office of the DTAC. Branch, 2nd Floor, The Mall Department Store.

Office of the DTAC. Central facilities, 4.

Office of the DTAC. Central Rama 2, 2.

DTAC Services Branch 2nd Floor, Paradise Park.

Office of the DTAC. Central Bangna 5.

DTAC Center.

DTAC Center. Mall Tha Phra.

Open daily 10:30 to 20:00 am

DTAC Center. Mall Ngam Wong Wan.

DTAC Center branch of Carrefour reserved.

Open daily 10:00 to 22:00 am

DTAC Center branch of Big C, Nonthaburi.

Open daily 10:00 to 20:30 am

DTAC Center Faculty Lotus Sukhumvit 50.

DTAC Center Robinson Ratchada.

DTAC Centre Robinson Rd.

DTAC Center Central Nonthaburi.

Open daily 10:00 to 21:00 am

DTAC Center Zeer Rangsit Branch.

Open daily 10:30 to 21:00 am

DTAC Center. Branch Future Park (Robinson Rangsit).

Open daily 10:30 to 20:30 am

DTAC Center in Big reserved.

DTAC Center branch of Big C Rama 2.

DTAC Center branch of Carrefour in Soi 90.

DTAC Center Faculty Lotus Rangsit Klong 7.

DTAC Center branches. Muang Pathum Thani

Open Mon - Sat 9:00 to 18:00 am

DTAC Center. Silom Complex.

DTAC Center Faculty Lotus Rama 3.

DTAC Center. MBK Center branch.

DTAC Center. Fortune Tower branch Nss.

DTAC Center. The Mall Bangkapi branch.

DTAC Center. Mall 3 Ramkhamhaeng.

Open daily 10:30 to 21:00 am

DTAC Center Faculty Lotus four.

DTAC Center. 2nd Floor, Seacon Square Branch.

Open daily 11:00 to 20:30 am

DTAC Center. Home Pro Village Branch Airport.

DTAC Center. Imperial Samrong Branch.

DTAC Center Central Rama 3.

Open daily 11.00 - 20.00 pm

DTAC Center. Carrefour branches - Nut.

DTAC Center branch of Carrefour Bangpakok.

DTAC Center Central Ram.

DTAC Center Central Bangna.

Open daily 10:00 to 20:00 am

@THAIPHUKET: Yes, if the number has been registered in your name for at least seven days. Go to any DTAC office and ask about "MNP," as described above.

I ported my mobile phone from DTAC to True after about eight years with DTAC, and it was quite easy.