Leaving Motorbike At Busstation, Possible?

Yaroon

Greetings...

As topic title shows, i am planning to go travel out of Phuket by bus for a few days and i am wondering if it would be wise to go to the station by my own scooter/bike (no rental) and park it there for 4 or 5 days. Most likely ill be departing from the busstation in Phuket town. I haven't really explored that busstation and have no idea whether they have some sort of a parking area or not. Perhaps someone here can advise me if it is ok or if it could be a risk losing the bike by theft.

Thanks in advance :)

Only street parking at the bus station. So long as you park on the other side of the road from the bus station entrance, or the side street, then I would guess you would have no problem as it's a busy enough area. Just my guess, so don't blame me if something bad happens.

A friend of mine leaves his rental motorbike there on a regular basis. Never any problems.

depends on the bikes value I guess. a 20-30k baht Dream/Wave with chains and padlocks wont be first choise unless its a pickup taking em all

Rental Click, no padlock.

A friend of mine leaves his rental motorbike there on a regular basis. Never any problems.

There would be if it went missing - sure the 'renter-er' doesn't know about that one.

Not in Phuket - but when we had to take a bus trip last year we left the motorbike at a bike dealer, offered 200b for three days secure storage they kept in in the back of the workshop.

depends on the bikes value I guess. a 20-30k baht Dream/Wave with chains and padlocks wont be first choise unless its a pickup taking em all

Rental Click, no padlock.

Personally I would not have a problem leaving a bike there, just too many people moving about the place.

There would be if it went missing - sure the 'renter-er' doesn't know about that one.

Not in Phuket - but when we had to take a bus trip last year we left the motorbike at a bike dealer, offered 200b for three days secure storage they kept in in the back of the workshop.

Find one of the 6,381 bike repair shops in the area, drop off your bike to be serviced and tell them you will pick it up in a few days. I have done the same with my car over the years. Here in Terrible Thailand the mechanic will usually drive you to the station at no charge.;) and maybe even pick you up when you return. All it usually takes is a smile

Find one of the 6,381 bike repair shops in the area, drop off your bike to be serviced and tell them you will pick it up in a few days. I have done the same with my car over the years. Here in Terrible Thailand the mechanic will usually drive you to the station at no charge.;) and maybe even pick you up when you return. All it usually takes is a smile

Good idea :rolleyes:

Thx for the reply all.... eventually decided to keep the bike home and just take a motorcycle taxi instead. I got a fairly new bike and its 10k more than the usual Clicks and Waves. Also got no extra lock so its quite stupid taking the risk just for a bit more comfort

:)