Phuket Customs Warns Of Foreigners Cheating Thai Ladies

webfact

Sorry, you threw me as I was expecting some follow up questions not a nonsensical posting!!! Both of my Thai wife's parents are deceased and her brothers and sisters have never asked for money from us. Sichon is a town and not a village so I don't need to hide my money. In fact 350 parents GIVE US money every month so kind of nullifies your thinking on this doesn't it.

passifier.gifI am sorry but your personal life is not of interest to me, nor it is in any way relevant to the threadofftopic2.gif

But just to make you feel better here some violin.gif

Ah!!! violins, my favourite instrument (after guitars and drums and saxophones so maybe not then).

so your posting before mine WASN'T off topic then!!!! All I was doing was replying to you're off topic post - fair enough????

If you think about it, it shouldn't be too difficult at all to scam the "lady scammers". They are greedy, selfish, and don't seem to have a high IQ. It actually could be thai's using western identities/ pics that are scamming. ??

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How dare foreigners come here and cheat our women. If it keeps up like this Isaan will go bankrupt, and foreigners will have a bad name in Thailand.

Unfortunate for the women involved, but it's nice to see the boot on the other foot for once.

It depends on the woman getting scammed. If she does the same to foreigners all the time, which I guarantee she does, then it is great news to hear the raawng thaao is on the other foot.

So you can guarantee that those women getting scammed do the same back to farangs can you!!! Do you know these ladies personally along with their backgrounds. Thats like saying that everyone that is burgled are burglars themselves!!!! Think about it and you will realise just how ignorant and stupid your statement is :blink:

Sorry, you threw me as I was expecting some follow up questions not a nonsensical posting!!! Both of my Thai wife's parents are deceased and her brothers and sisters have never asked for money from us. Sichon is a town and not a village so I don't need to hide my money. In fact 350 parents GIVE US money every month so kind of nullifies your thinking on this doesn't it.

passifier.gifI am sorry but your personal life is not of interest to me, nor it is in any way relevant to the threadofftopic2.gif

But just to make you feel better here some violin.gif

Ah!!! violins, my favourite instrument (after guitars and drums and saxophones so maybe not then).

so your posting before mine WASN'T off topic then!!!! All I was doing was replying to you're off topic post - fair enough????

If you think about it, it shouldn't be too difficult at all to scam the "lady scammers". They are greedy, selfish, and don't seem to have a high IQ. It actually could be thai's using western identities/ pics that are scamming. ??

You've been watching too many yanky detective movies, my friend!!!!

Aha .. the Evil Foreigners strike again!

Why couldn't Phuket customs warn Thai ladies of just "an Internet scam"??? Instead it had to be brought down to good Thai v. bad Foreigner mudslinging? This type of headlines is what fuels xenophobia and ignorance here.

But I really doubt that there were any Thai ladies who forked out money on foreigner's request. That would be like trying to milk a rock. Maybe they were so SHOCKED that they reported just an attempt to Police. After all foreigner asking Thai lady for money should know there is jail term for that.

Perhaps Customs is upset in that non-thai's are using scams they believe thai's already hold patent and copyrights on?

No NO---it's called the HUB of scams here, and thats been confirmed on forum once or twice !! :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

A friend who was chatting with a falang she met on internet wasn't cheated out of anything except her time. The guy was making all sorts of out landish promises and telling her he wanted to buy a house and had her running around looking for one. I tried to tell her the guy was bullsh-t but she wanted to believe the best of him.

The story finally unravelled when the down payment wasn't sent as promised and communication stopped. Needless to say he recieved one very angry email calling him things worse than a bufflo.

What the guy got out of it who knows but he did hurt a very nice woman, she had grown to like the guy during their chats

Sounds like an Internet romance. ;)

Why couldn't Phuket customs warn Thai ladies of just "an Internet scam"??? Instead it had to be brought down to good Thai v. bad Foreigner mudslinging? This type of headlines is what fuels xenophobia and ignorance here.

But I really doubt that there were any Thai ladies who forked out money on foreigner's request. That would be like trying to milk a rock. Maybe they were so SHOCKED that they reported just an attempt to Police. After all foreigner asking Thai lady for money should know there is jail term for that.

Wrong...was told by one thai girl that they were networking together for info about who was a scammer or not. A few of the girls had been turned over already in the north east B)

I think most folks are misreading this article.

What is popular in Thailand is Thai dating websites. Many Thai girls meet men with these websites. There are some bad guys out there who befriend a woman using the dating website and after a while promise to seed the woman something special. The woman gets excited and patiently waits for her gift. Instead she received the message customs needs to be paid and the man instructs the woman how to do it. The woman sends the money and gets nothing in return.

This is more common than most people think and is a real problem. I hope everyone understands the situation now.

I don't misunderstood the article. This kind of cheats are worldwide. But the customs had choosen unwisely some bad keywords. Instead of giving out a global warning the customs brings it close to irony... Unintentionally. But this kind of "humor" produces the biggest laughs.... as you can see in the postings above. ;-)

A nonsense post has been removed.

Another post has been removed as a poster made his reply to a post inside the quote tags or rather did not use the multiquote or Insert quotation feature making it hard to decipher who said what.

What is popular in Thailand is Thai dating websites. Many Thai girls meet men with these websites. There are some bad guys out there who befriend a woman using the dating website and after a while promise to seed the woman something special. The woman gets excited and patiently waits for her gift. Instead she received the message customs needs to be paid and the man instructs the woman how to do it. The woman sends the money and gets nothing in return.

This is more common than most people think and is a real problem. I hope everyone understands the situation now.

I don't misunderstood the article. This kind of cheats are worldwide. But the customs had choosen unwisely some bad keywords. Instead of giving out a global warning the customs brings it close to irony... Unintentionally. But this kind of "humor" produces the biggest laughs.... as you can see in the postings above. ;-)

Scams such as this or 419 only work on greedy people, The greed only has to be stronger than the fear of loss ....maybe many thai girls are the perfect target,

We should all write to our embassies, and ask them to put up huge red warning signs at our countries' airports for flights departing to Thailand, where it informs travelers to Thailand of the "sick water buffalo" scam.

But that might result in poor dumb animals suffering ? :o And the water-buffalo might not get their medicine either ! :lol:

... the last I followed up originated from the UK to Malaysia using fake documents from a reputable trustee with an office in Malaysia which is then later used for suitcases delivery payments etc.. It only gets funny when they ask to send the money via Western Union. Example: They promise a house for 10 million Baht, send you the fake documents for money payments to the Thai woman's account, before they start asking money. Then it depends of how many rounds they are willing to go. Each time a couple of hundred to a couple of thousand $$$. They make up stories that mainly suits Thai ladies from all walks of lifef. I saved one from this scam. Main meeting point is tagged.com.

And of course they are African Muslims according to the name for Western Union IDs for payments.

Edited by elcent

The foreigners are probably trying to recoup some of the monies they have contributed to the welfare of the sick buffaloes over the years. Its a 'dog eat dog' world out there, getting tough to tell who is the f..kee and the f..kor any more.

:lol:

A nonsense post has been removed.

Another post has been removed as a poster made his reply to a post inside the quote tags or rather did not use the multiquote or Insert quotation feature making it hard to decipher who said what.

I attempted to post in the manner you describe but the system would not let me. Gave me error messages like "exceeded number of quotation layers" after multiple re-attempts the only way the post was accepted was to do it the way I did,

Unfortunate for the women involved, but it's nice to see the boot on the other foot for once.

Agreed. When they are many lovestruck expats losing their life savings every day in Thailand thinking they are supporting the love of their life and being left with nothing, it's kinda hard to feel sorry for this one anonymous woman (is she does exist) who lost nothing and the other women in the rumoured other cases.

Any Expat over the age of 45 that has or is in the process of losing their life savings because they are LOVESTRUCK .... deserves it! IMHO :rolleyes:

Nobody 'deserves it' - but it is stupid.

This is not a new thing these scams have been going on for years.

I have actually exposed 3 scammers to their would be Thai victims, about 4 years ago.

one scammer was so stupid to try the same scam with 2 of my chat friends both these girls asked for my advice and were shocked to find it was the same man " A Doctor "

Unfortunately it is the decent trusting women who get conned.

The hard bitches who rip off farangs never seem to get conned or caught .

A friend who was chatting with a falang she met on internet wasn't cheated out of anything except her time. The guy was making all sorts of out landish promises and telling her he wanted to buy a house and had her running around looking for one. I tried to tell her the guy was bullsh-t but she wanted to believe the best of him.

The story finally unravelled when the down payment wasn't sent as promised and communication stopped. Needless to say he recieved one very angry email calling him things worse than a bufflo.

What the guy got out of it who knows but he did hurt a very nice woman, she had grown to like the guy during their chats

I don't know your friend of course, but my cynical side tells me she may well have been expecting a slice of that down-payment. She may have even deserved it.

Actually the same scam, and similar scams, have occurred in Bangkok and a number of Thai ladies were scammed out of some serious amounts. The heartless money-grubbers are actually in the minority, believe it or not.

Scams such as this or 419 only work on greedy people, The greed only has to be stronger than the fear of loss ....maybe many thai girls are the perfect target,

The scam described in the article is a bit different to the average 419 scam. The expected reward in a 419 scam is money but a lady caught by this scam may have simply been looking for love, which would make her the opposite of a greedy person. It's also possible that the lady waiting for her gift was simply interested in love too, although yes, greed is more likely to be a factor in that scenario.

Edited by Sabre

farang = from other country = bad = be aware!

Thai women = 'ladies' = good, nice, beautiful = innocent at any given time!

Thank you, Phuket Customs! How very helpful.

I don't find the word "farang" anywhere in the OP.

The scam described in the article is a bit different to the average 419 scam. The expected reward in a 419 scam is money but a lady caught by this scam may have simply been looking for love, which would make her the opposite of a greedy person. It's also possible that the lady waiting for her gift was simply interested in love too, although yes, greed is more likely to be a factor in that scenario.

Agree. What some fail to see is that it cuts both ways. The 'farangs' squeal the loudest prehaps when there purchase goes wrong. Thai girl's cop the garbage to.

And agree also with the poster above. It was about warning against "foreigners" not 'farangs'. Same type of warning my government gives out when warning against the current scam by foreigners.

Edited by Roadman

She fell for the scam because she was greedy. She didn't believe she could work, save money and buy her own house. A lot of them are like that.

I'm still renting because me ex didn't believe we could buy a house and pay installmentally. I guess she's still waiting for her internet bf to fulfill his promises of buying her a house (paid cash ) and a Camry ( my car is much more cheaper than a Camry ).