Mental Stimulation And Intelligent Conversation In Thailand?

coolhandjoe

But do they have name tags....

They do, I think.

These clubs must be a great place to go for anyone who misses being sold life insurance, or double glazing, or (surprise, surprise) houses. Not sure how much mental stimulation there would be there though. Plenty of wallet stimulation.

And plenty of Ego stroking,for those that got rejected for Rotary Club Membership in their own Country,no doubt!

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This topic takes the cake.

does my head in when westerners post in english with thai words thrown in.

Says the man with the Thai word in his username!cheesy.gif Sheesh!

are you aware there is no english word for muay thai.

Umm, the word is fight! But thats ok, thats your attempt at covering up your error.

what error, im talking about mixing languages, for eg "i'm going ting tong"

you know what i'm talking about, muay thai is my title here, not a mixed language sentence as i was refering to.

and who walks around calling it fight, it's called muay thai internationaly and you know that.

so tell me in detail where is the error, did i or did i not refer tio mixing languages.

Muythai point is its a Thai forum. If anyone wants to use Thai words this should be encouraged not discouraged. All good!

i didnt say dont do it, i said it does my head in.

i'm not the boss here so what will be will be, but its ok to discuss our likes and dislikes.

Umm, the word is fight! But thats ok, thats your attempt at covering up your error.

you are technically right about muay but here is some further info that may interest you, muay is a derivation of "Mavya", Sanskrit - an ancient Indian language. Mavya directly means "to make things united" but in term of Muay it may indirectly represent four elements of Muay which are created by binding or making united; Mongkon on the worrior's head; Prajied for worrior's biceps; Kaad Chuek of worrior's fists; and the uttering of incantations for worrior's spilit.

Another word that springs to mind is fustration, Anyone that enjoys fighting is in serious need of some relief and mental stimulation.

There are many other forums out there. I must belong to a dozen .....sometimes too many to remember usernames and passwords. tv is not the only one. Just pick a topic or subject and there will be a forum attached.

Been in SE Asia for 25 yrs now and don't know if I could have done it without the internet. I gave up on intelligent conversation with the locals a long time ago, but every once and a while, I'll find a 'worldly' Thai that has been abroad and it is so refreshing to speak with someone with a different perspective.