Joey Joey

MrRed

Just heard the real reason Barton must leave Newcasle.

Apparently he was sat waiting outside the chairman's office ready to discuss a new contract while the man himself tucked into his Coco Pops and Newcastle Brown brekkie and noticed his copy of the Sun sitting on the table.

He picked it up and got halfway through the crossword before the chairman ushered him in. Lots of joviality with the chairman thanking him for his help.

Discussions went well and Barton was waiting for the paperwork to be finalised when the chairman let out an almighty gasp (well belch really).

Turns out Barton had filled in the cryptic answers instead of the easy quick ones.

Well the geordies fansd would never stand for that now would they?

Rumours of his sudoku skills have yet to be released. Stay tuned.

I think Adder is on to something here.

Dalgleish, currently loved by (most) fans, has a lot to prove next season, which will count for a lot more than what he was able to salvage as a new broom last season (which wasn't bad, by the way, dragging them away from relegation).

However he's been out of the game for many years, and his ability to withstand concentrated pressure must be suspect, given he bottled it and resigned after the famous 4-4 draw with Everton in 1991.

Off the field we have Barking Mad Henry claiming anything but a top 4 finish will be a disappointment. No pressure there then. We also have King Comolli sharpening his dagger in the wings, and if the squad misfire as badly as they have pre-season, they have a disastrous start to the season, and a scapegoat is required, I reckon it will be Prince Kenny.

Also the supporters irrational expectations, already made raw by United's 19th League title, may quickly turn against Prince Kenny, in the same way they did against King Roy.

Absolute <deleted>....

Dalgleish, currently loved by (most) fans, has a lot to prove next season, which will count for a lot more than what he was able to salvage as a new broom last season (which wasn't bad, by the way, dragging them away from relegation).

However he's been out of the game for many years, and his ability to withstand concentrated pressure must be suspect, given he bottled it and resigned after the famous 4-4 draw with Everton in 1991.

Off the field we have Barking Mad Henry claiming anything but a top 4 finish will be a disappointment. No pressure there then. We also have King Comolli sharpening his dagger in the wings, and if the squad misfire as badly as they have pre-season, they have a disastrous start to the season, and a scapegoat is required, I reckon it will be Prince Kenny.

Also the supporters irrational expectations, already made raw by United's 19th League title, may quickly turn against Prince Kenny, in the same way they did against King Roy.

Absolute <deleted>....

How can you possibly say that about yet-to-occur events? Who knows? And about actual events, like Dalgleish's breakdown/resignation, I am right.

Did you think Roy would be so soon out the door, or Rafa would have been undone by a beachball? Or, longer-term, that United would have surpassed you on League titles the last time you lifted one?

I hope you are right, but I'm just saying, things have a habit of taking a turn for the weird in football, especially when Liverpool are involved, in both a good and a bad way.

And certainly Dalgleish and the team have a lot to prove next season, wouldn't you agree with that?

And that the pressure on them both is now greater because of Henry's pratings?

Absolute <deleted>....

How can you possibly say that about yet-to-occur events? Who knows? And about actual events, like Dalgleish's breakdown/resignation, I am right.

Did you think Roy would be so soon out the door, or Rafa would have been undone by a beachball? Or, longer-term, that United would have surpassed you on League titles the last time you lifted one?

I hope you are right, but I'm just saying, things have a habit of taking a turn for the weird in football, especially when Liverpool are involved, in both a good and a bad way.

And certainly Dalgleish and the team have a lot to prove next season, wouldn't you agree with that?

Abrak does not look into the future with a good vision,but as we all are aware he rely"s on the past like most LFC followers, that's why he is always spouting statistics.

Thats all they have at Anfailed a statistical past and NO future biggrin.gif

Your argument is based on two suppositions....

1) KD has a lot to prove. My view is that he has nothing to prove - he was brought in as a unifying force of a manager who represented Liverpool (he healed the split that was left by the dismissal of Rafa and replaced a manager who simply did not have a clue what LFC was about.) It wasnt surprising that he was appointed full time after 33 points in 18 games (compared to Hodgson 25 points in 20 games.) For the majority of fans whatever happens this year - whether we finish 8th or 2nd - they will feel that KD was the right manager to be appointed for the season and, I suspect, the right manager to continue into the season after. So I think that KD will enjoy the full support of the fan base irrespective of short term results.

2) Secondly you argue that Henry by stating that a finish outside the 'top 4' would be a 'major disappointment' is implied pressure on KD (in that his job might be on the line if it wasnt achieved.) In fact Henry spent a long time appointing a permanent manager because he wished him to be permanent. He believes in 'collective decision making' - hence FSG own involvement and the appointment of a DOF. Along with collective decision making comes collective responsibility. So to the extent there is disappointment, responsibility is not likely to lie with one individual. So I dont see the owners, rather like I dont see the supporters, blaming KD for a poor performance next year.

The team itself has a lot to prove. But KD seems to only have something more to prove to supporters of other clubs.

1) KD has a lot to prove. My view is that he has nothing to prove - he was brought in as a unifying force of a manager who represented Liverpool (he healed the split that was left by the dismissal of Rafa and replaced a manager who simply did not have a clue what LFC was about.) It wasnt surprising that he was appointed full time after 33 points in 18 games (compared to Hodgson 25 points in 20 games.) For the majority of fans whatever happens this year - whether we finish 8th or 2nd - they will feel that KD was the right manager to be appointed for the season and, I suspect, the right manager to continue into the season after. So I think that KD will enjoy the full support of the fan base irrespective of short term results.

2) Secondly you argue that Henry by stating that a finish outside the 'top 4' would be a 'major disappointment' is implied pressure on KD (in that his job might be on the line if it wasnt achieved.) In fact Henry spent a long time appointing a permanent manager because he wished him to be permanent. He believes in 'collective decision making' - hence FSG own involvement and the appointment of a DOF. Along with collective decision making comes collective responsibility. So to the extent there is disappointment, responsibility is not likely to lie with one individual. So I dont see the owners, rather like I dont see the supporters, blaming KD for a poor performance next year.

The team itself has a lot to prove. But KD seems to only have something more to prove to supporters of other clubs.

Well answered.

Are you sure you're not an Evertonian? I'm not used to such calmness and clearness of thought when it comes to our friends across the park - on here or elsewhere. And coming from an extended family of about 100 people, with only 5 Evertonians in there, that's saying something.

Incidentally, in Manchester is it common to have City and United fans in the same household?

Well answered.

Are you sure you're not an Evertonian? I'm not used to such calmness and clearness of thought when it comes to our friends across the park - on here or elsewhere. And coming from an extended family of about 100 people, with only 5 Evertonians in there, that's saying something.

Incidentally, in Manchester is it common to have City and United fans in the same household?

Births deaths and marriages wink.gif

he's a good player and a surprisingly intelligent lad actually. only footballer i'm aware of who reads naomi wolf.<div><br></div><div>nobody see arsenal going for him then? bit of agro and steel in the midfield?</div>

Is that fact or some spin on his behalf about Naomi Wolf? How does a fvcker like Barton become interested in, or even aware of, third wave feminism?

Be OK if Everton could afford him though, he does seem to be controllable these days and apparently there is much mutual respect between him and Moyes.

he's a good player and a surprisingly intelligent lad actually. only footballer i'm aware of who reads naomi wolf.<div><br></div><div>nobody see arsenal going for him then? bit of agro and steel in the midfield?</div>

Is that fact or some spin on his behalf about Naomi Wolf? How does a fvcker like Barton become interested in, or even aware of, third wave feminism?

Be OK if Everton could afford him though, he does seem to be controllable these days and apparently there is much mutual respect between him and Moyes.

Apparently he mistook it for Naomi Campbell's autobiography.

I'd let him read all lesbian stuff he wanted if he came to Goodison.

When you are banged up it is surprising what you would read.

What sort of a helmet does that make Moyes then :whistling:

Apparently he mistook it for Naomi Campbell's autobiography.

I'd let him read all lesbian stuff he wanted if he came to Goodison.

Mate, you've nailed it in one! The bit about Naomi that is. On a football point of view i dread the thought of him wearing my teams colours.

Edited by carmine