Money Order Western Union / Money Gram In Usd

Where can I get an international money order in USD or EUR? I would prefer Western Union or MoneyGram branded. It cannot be branded from a local bank/company and would need English on the check portion for the amount and company name. How much should it cost? I want to prepare myself when I walk into the bank or post office or wherever i get these made.

Is there thai symbol / pronunciation for the phrase "money order".

Would it be easier to get one in Malaysia vs Thailand?

4evermaat, you sound like you never did such a thing before.

Check out Western Union's website, everything is explained - these money orders are not checks and woirk differently.

You can denominate the order in the currency of the receiver's country, and you will pay in baht in Thailand.

From my experience, Western Union offered by a bank (like siam commercial bank in Tukcom) have better exchange rates than Western Union on it's own.

Moneygram is a bit cheaper than Western Union.

Go on the net and do your research.

4evermaat, you sound like you never did such a thing before.

Check out Western Union's website, everything is explained - these money orders are not checks and woirk differently.

You can denominate the order in the currency of the receiver's country, and you will pay in baht in Thailand.

From my experience, Western Union offered by a bank (like siam commercial bank in Tukcom) have better exchange rates than Western Union on it's own.

Moneygram is a bit cheaper than Western Union.

Go on the net and do your research.

Mybe the OP is getting confused with a bank draft, thinking Western Union is a similar thing

So no one so far has had to purchase a money order before in non-baht currency?

I have used Western Union, tried to pay with USD but said I have to exchange to THB.

Thai Post Offices are now Western Union Agents.

I looked at my title again and I can see now that it may be misleading. I need a paper money order (not wire transfer) in USD issued by western union / money gram agent. In the USA, most major supermarket chains / walmarts / post office provide this type of service. I am looking for something similar here. I just mentioned western union / money gram because they issue international money orders.

The title should be "need paper money order in usd"

I have used Western Union, tried to pay with USD but said I have to exchange to THB.

I looked at my title again and I can see now that it may be misleading. I need a paper money order (not wire transfer) in USD issued by western union / money gram agent. In the USA, most major supermarket chains / walmarts / post office provide this type of service. I am looking for something similar here. I just mentioned western union / money gram because they issue international money orders.

paper money orders are antiquated - maybe explain what you want to achieve with the money order, so we can tell you what to do to get the desired result.

paper money orders are antiquated - maybe explain what you want to achieve with the money order, so we can tell you what to do to get the desired result.

Guessing the OP's only option is a bank draft, if doesnt want to do a wire transfer

Edited by arkom

Guessing the OP's only option is a bank draft, if doesnt want to do a wire transfer

I had to pay for a service where they requested money order. But it seems they will accept my billpay check from my bank so don't need this option anymore.

Antiquated? I could walk into any major supermarket chain or post office and walk out with money order in USA. Although I will admit, cash, wire/ach, or credit card is easier.

Antiquated? I could walk into any major supermarket chain or post office and walk out with money order in USA.

I may be from the old continent, but the use of money orders (and checks) in USA is antiquated (and potentially risky).