Dermatologist In Pattaya, Advice Please

mike111

Hi All,

I've got a rash on my arm and would like a skin doctor (dermatologist) to examine it.

Can forum members please recommend one?. I'm looking for a doc. in one of Pattaya's better clinics, like PIH, BPH and alike.

TIA,

Mike.

Not in Pattaya but would definitely recommend 'Phiyathai' hospital in Sriracha. Great service for nearly one quarter of the cost of BPH. Friend of mine saw the dermatologist there, extremely happy and cleared up his problem for a fraction of the cost of PIH. I've been to the ENT department there, fantastic female Dr. she completely blew away the opinion from the BPH Dr and helped me a great deal. BPH never again for anything like that, robbing T***TS.

As DMC1 says, take a trip to Phyathai in Sriracha. Excellent hospital with good prices.

However you did specifically ask for recommendations in Pattaya.

So I have to 3rd doctor Anna at BPH, great doc that knows her stuff, and patiently takes the time to answer any questions.

Not in Pattaya but would definitely recommend 'Phiyathai' hospital in Sriracha. Great service for nearly one quarter of the cost of BPH. Friend of mine saw the dermatologist there, extremely happy and cleared up his problem for a fraction of the cost of PIH. I've been to the ENT department there, fantastic female Dr. she completely blew away the opinion from the BPH Dr and helped me a great deal. BPH never again for anything like that, robbing T***TS.

I beg to differ. Phyyathai is somewhat cheaper than BPH, but not one quarter of the cost. I've seen their price list for various procedures and they are perhaps 20% cheaper. To my mind it's a long way to go to save a few hundred baht and deal with a staff with far less command of English.

I beg to differ. Phyyathai is somewhat cheaper than BPH, but not one quarter of the cost. I've seen their price list for various procedures and they are perhaps 20% cheaper. To my mind it's a long way to go to save a few hundred baht and deal with a staff with far less command of English.

My bill at the ENT @BPH this year was over 5100Baht - all he did was briefly stick a camera up my nose and give me some meds and the wrong diagnosis - basically fobbed me off. Just to see the Dr cost 1800Baht.

My bill at Phiyathai was 1600Baht including sinus X-ray, camera up my nose for about 20mins, medication and a Dr. who spoke perfect English and explained everything clearly. To see Dr there it is 500Baht.

Edited by DMC1

Have to disagree that it’s only about 20% cheaper.

Granted it’s two years ago, but back then I had exactly the same thing done at BPH and Phyathai.

Most was at least 50% cheaper at Phyathai. Some were things were a lot cheaper, such as some medical supplies, that were close to only 25% of what they charge at BPH.

Doctors speaks excellent English, agree that some staff if not that well versed though. And it’s only a 20 minute drive from Pattaya.

I went to Phyathai about 8 months ago and was diagnosed with Myocardial Ischemia. The long version is in the health forum, the short version is they quoted 350,000 baht for coronary angiography and one stent. This was by a doctor who spoke quite poorly English, kept patting me on my knee and call me "papa" (we were similar age, late forties). For comparison, Bangkok-Pattaya quoted 250,000 for the same thing a week later. Eventually I had it done at Chula in Bangkok for just under 120,000, but that's another story, my point is Phyathai is not necessarily cheaper or better than Bangkok-Pattaya.