Wiper Blades

thaipod

What's with wiper blades in Thailand ?They deteriorate quite fast . I need to change them twice a year , recently bought new ones and after about a month they are not clearing water with a clean sweep . maybe the pollution or just bad quality.

A combination of hot sun and hot dry dust. Flip them up to keep them of the windscreen when parked especially in the sun.

You can also place a wedge of some sort under the wiper arm to just keep them of the glass while driving.

All helps to keep the rubber in shape but TIT so probably its all poor quality copy replacement parts.

:)

I've seen some people folding them back when parking in the sun? The screen gets hot and melts them to the glass if you leave them in place.

[/quote I dont have a problem ever, my last car Vigo has still got the same Toyota blade's on form new it's now 5 year's old. My new one a Fortuner 2.5 year's the same The only thing I do is put washing up liquid in the water bottle. And lift the blade's every day and just give the screen a dust off with one of those feather thing's. Bingo sorted. Have never lifted them during the day life's to short to bugger around with all that.

Edited by fredob43

A combination of hot sun and hot dry dust. Flip them up to keep them of the windscreen when parked especially in the sun.

You can also place a wedge of some sort under the wiper arm to just keep them of the glass while driving.

All helps to keep the rubber in shape but TIT so probably its all poor quality copy replacement parts.

Very convenient when it starts to rain. :D

Edited by Semper

" AH, Just testing Pike, hoped you spot that " said Captain Manwairing. (Brits only):lol:

There are many months of the year when you know it's not going to rain :violin:

Anyway if placed correctly a wedge under the arm will just fall off if you do need to use the wipers :D

Anyway if placed correctly a wedge under the arm will just fall off if you do need to use the wipers :D

Ok. A wedge is the solution. I'll start fabricating a couple tomorrow. :)

This could turn out to be a nice business opportunity. Wedges for wiper blades. :lol:

Edited by Semper

Ive no idea what blades are on my car but they have not been changed since I purchased it 18 months ago and they wipe perfectly still.

Every morning I use the squirters to pump some cleaning solution onto the screen and let them do there thing, my cleaning solution is a mix of distilled water with a few drops of hair shampoo and olive oil, my screen repels rain nicely as long as it is not too heavy.

Ok. A wedge is the solution. I'll start fabricating a couple tomorrow. :)

Forget the Thai brick, they scratch the glass and paint if they move. :) Would recommend a native at 200 bht a day to sit on the hood with wipers in hand in case of a shower. :lol:.

Life Depends on Use.If you are on the road everyday and cant send them to a Beauty Shop every day like Spoonman.dump em when you like.That putting them up is as stupid as opening the Hood, a fashion fad, try a Genuine Michelin.20 inch @ 300Bht. Or steal one .They nicked my small one,i expected it to be 150 ish..:o

Life Depends on Use.If you are on the road everyday and cant send them to a Beauty Shop every day like Spoonman.dump em when you like.That putting them up is as stupid as opening the Hood, a fashion fad, try a Genuine Michelin.20 inch @ 300Bht. Or steal one .They nicked my small one,i expected it to be 150 ish..:o

Your small one. :huh: I won't tell anyone, honest guv. :lol:

Must be where the OP lives ?

Had my present car 3 years last week, so far never changed the Wiper Blades, raining last time I went out and still wipes perfectly. car bought 2nd hand no idea if they were new when I bought the car.

I do Hi Miles, the window chips dont help. My Gandads wipers lated 15 years on his Anglia i recall.They keep Deforesting round here,and never have roadsweeps that ive ever seen here on Motorways.A screen lasts about 12 months,and the chips allways manage to be in your line of sight.:(

Clean the glass very well and also the blades. Often they care coverend in grease and other small particles. Then use something like "rain- x" or another water dispersant on the glass. This should help unless the blade itself has deteriorated.

My Wife never realised it had gone.:D .A Hi Ride ive noticed doesnt need many changes as the Accord, that catches all the red road shit we get round here.

I think you have answered the question. Both my ride's have been High Vigo 4x4/Fortuner so I kick all the sh/t over other peep's. If I'm behind a Vios for example and it's wet never get anything over the screen. If one is behind me they drop well back. Answer get a Truck/MPV Sorted.