Bad Shopping Experience

zzzgoodnight

My missis went to inquire about an electric bike for our mini me got the price which was fine,we turned up today in the pussy wagon to collect and i got out of the wagon my missis went to pay as agreed but suddenly there was inflation i did not realise inflation was that high in two days.On this occasion my missis did not enjoy her shopping for once which is rare for a lady.

Yet another excuse to say no dear I can't go to the mall with you. When we were doing up our house much the same would happen to us we had to end up using a building supplier 3 towns over and she had to go alone in one instance she paid 7k for pipes for the bathroom & kitchen plumbing, this after after our local store had quoted 10k but on collection he clocked me loitering in the corner he then wanted 14k.

Not really had this problem on my visits bit I'm sure I'll have to deal with it sometime.

What really puzzles me is your "pussy wagon" coupled with your "missis" which don't normally occur together. Maybe your pussy wagon isn't what I think it is or maybe your missis is very understanding.

Dual pricing in Thailand -- whatever next?

A sure way to combat this. Stop business with those whom practice dual pricing.

Sure, it really won't change anything much - but it will make you feel better.

• 3 weeks later...

I always shop alone !

I always get things cheaper then if my wife was with me.

Thais dont bargain ! I do and it pays off !

So that story i not believe, many say the same, but after 15 years in Thailand had i never seen it yet.

Agreed. My wife gets quite embarrassed when I bargain. Often get things a bit cheaper, and if I don't so what. If I want it I will pay the asking price, nothing lost as long as it's amicable.

My wife is the complete opposite and I am the one usually embarrassd.

Other than when we shop at the big ticket stores like Big C, Homepro or Robinsons she won't finish the sale unless they lower the price or throw something in for free. But now that I think of it we just bought a piece of excersice equipment at Robinson and she got them to lower the price and throw something in for free.

And I really felt sorry for the guy when we bought our new car. She bargains on almost everything

And I am sure there will people here that will not beleive this but oh well

My wife is the complete opposite and I am the one usually embarrassd.

Other than when we shop at the big ticket stores like Big C, Homepro or Robinsons she won't finish the sale unless they lower the price or throw something in for free. But now that I think of it we just bought a piece of excersice equipment at Robinson and she got them to lower the price and throw something in for free.

And I really felt sorry for the guy when we bought our new car. She bargains on almost everything

And I am sure there will people here that will not beleive this but oh well

Good for her! You should be proud, less embarrassed. Looking for a true value.

As most modern goods are extremely overpriced for their worth - especially big-ticket items.

This is why the manufacturers and corporation continue to increase the prices accordingly [not their truer value], because we as the consumer mutuants will always fork over the asking cost - without challenge and inquiry.

I always shop alone !

So that story i not believe, many say the same, but after 15 years in Thailand had i never seen it yet.

Agreed. My wife gets quite embarrassed when I bargain. Often get things a bit cheaper, and if I don't so what. If I want it I will pay the asking price, nothing lost as long as it's amicable.

+1 :thumbsup::D

I always shop alone !

I always let my wife bargain and I'm myself will be invisible for the Thais until it comes to the point of payment. Very often I can enjoy the disappointed faces when it comes out, that there is a falang in the background. It starts with cecking-in in a hotel Thai/Falang prices....

fatfather