Japan 'Plans To Allow Visit' By Ex-Thai PM Thaksin

webfact

Therefore, Mr Chavanond insisted that if incumbent Foreign Minister Surapong Towichakchaikul decided to annul his predecessor's order and allow Mr Thaksin to use his Thai passport again, he would need to have a good explanation.

He does have a good explanation. Thaksin is his relative and he owes him.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh yes, poetic justice. Or rather Oh Snap. Defeated PM Abhisit just had the Japanese government send a message of what they thought of him and his government. ;) Former PM Thaksin has been invited to Japan to share his knowledge and to inspire the people. :lol: How come former PM Abhisit was not invited? After all, former PM has such a vast experience as a politician. Oh wait, Mr. Thaksin was invited because he is an accomplished businessman and someone that has withstood adversity. The Thaksin haters must be beside themselves sputtering with fury. This is rather amusing.

Maybe, Razor Ramon will be invited to assist?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wd4mav8REY&feature=related

Aww c'mon, who doesn't love Hard Gay? He's hilarious and an accomplished rassler!!!!!

What a load of crap ,laugh , at what? :angry:

Ahh yes, poetic justice. Or rather Oh Snap. Defeated PM Abhisit just had the Japanese government send a message of what they thought of him and his government. ;) Former PM Thaksin has been invited to Japan to share his knowledge and to inspire the people. :lol: How come former PM Abhisit was not invited? After all, former PM has such a vast experience as a politician. Oh wait, Mr. Thaksin was invited because he is an accomplished businessman and someone that has withstood adversity. The Thaksin haters must be beside themselves sputtering with fury. This is rather amusing.

Aww c'mon, who doesn't love Hard Gay? He's hilarious and an accomplished rassler!!!!!

What a load of crap ,laugh , at what? :angry:

hey geriatric kid, you know that this is outrageous, but instead of giving a constructive argument you resort to childish comments like 'abhisit wasn't invited.'

And you resort to made messages from the Japanese ambassador. Perhaps you think some will believe it's a real message.

Are you a student of amsterdam - no ethics in how to generate spin?

"Oh wait, Mr. Thaksin was invited because he is an accomplished businessman and someone that has withstood adversity".

Accomplished businessman ....oh wait a moment, made his money on a monopoly handed to hit on a silver platter, then changed Thailand's laws so that he could sell the company, then invested in blood diamonds, and there's a case still in court with his farang partner still trying to get justice for the partnership thaksin stole. Not what many people would describe as an accomplished businessman and certainly not a businessman who is a pillar of morals and values.

Lives in a luxurious palatial mansion with god knows how many servants, flies all over the world in his private jet. Sure he lives outside of Thailand, his choice after he as convicted of a very serious law and was sentenced to jail and fled with his tail between his legs. Somehow the word adversity doesn't fit. I have no tears.

Edited by scorecard

Its the will of Buddha. Shouldn't Yingluck be making this trip since she is the elected PM. OOO forgot she is the clone. They cannot wait a decient period of time before they start this stuff

If they're gonna do it anyway, why waste time. I guess they're thinking: better to strike quick before any opposition has time to get organized.

[

snapback.pngJurgenG, on Today, 09:29 , said:

When I see the garbage printed in national newspaper, when I read the defamatory (and mostly dumb) comments posted in well known forums, it actually makes me happy.

Why ? Because it proves we have freedom of expression in Thailand.

Tawp

That is because Thaksin isn't back yet. So any freedom you see now a residual effects of the previous government. But strangely all reds always claim there is no freedom of expression - time to make up your mind regarding these talking-points? [/b]

Possibly this is how Jurgen views freedom as it was in Bangkok and Dresden in 2010,

Bringing back fond memories of days gone by perchance Jurgen?

9b1b67c04606b2c2af5f3ce6f813.jpegHo

How I view freedom ? Your 're allowed to post your dumb comments !

I don't agree with what your say but I will fight for your right to say it.

This is democracy. I understand you have a problem to grasp the concept but I'm happy you can enjoy it.

Edited by metisdead
Foreign language removed, this is an English language forum.

When I see the garbage printed in national newspaper, when I read the defamatory (and mostly dumb) comments posted in well known forums, it actually makes me happy.

I really look forward to have July 3 declared National Holiday, Back to Freedom Day, and maybe, who knows, one day land at Thaksin airport biggrin.gif

You must be right,Thaksin during his dictatorship was well know for his freedom of expression and freedom of press.You can ask Thongnark's widow for example,I'm sure she will fully agree with you. :whistling:

Do you realize the fact you can post this proves me right ?

Do you realize that Thaksin's puppet just started to rule a few days ago,so things can,and will, change quickly to the way it was during the almighty's reign from now on.

Can you please give reference to where it says Thaksin was invited to Japan? And how can a self-indulgent crook wrong-doer inspire people to do anything except that which he knows and that is to do wrong for personal gain. Please also give reference to where Thaksin did anything philanthropical using his own personal funds.

Perhaps you should try reading the full length of the news reports and not just the clipped negative versions;

The foreign minister also revealed that the Japanese ambassador to Thailand, Seiji Kojima, met him Friday at Pheu Thai Party headquarters inquiring about the policies of the new government. The Japanese envoy said that Japan's private sector has invited the deposed premier to visit areas devastated by the March 11 earthquake and tsunami to which he had made donations and was scheduled to give a special lecture on trade, said Surapong Source: BANGKOK, Aug. 13 (NNN-TNA)

BTW, In order to give a lecture one has to be invited to speak :whistling:

Oh Snap.:lol:

In the July 13, 2010 edition of Thailand Business News a very negative article on the former PM was printed. This was at the height of last year's campaign against the man. Even the article had to acknowledge that Mr. Thaksin had been a big supporter of charity, when it wrote "He gave charity to the poorest and least educated.

Use Google and you can find a list of charities that Mr. Thaksin supported. I wouldn't be surprised if he has done more than you and most of the bashers in TVF for that matter.

You been Pwned. :lol:

You angry lot can keep up with the hate. In the meantime, the train to prosperity, reconciliation and happiness left the station last month and you chose to remain on the platform. Know what the conductor said? All aboard :D

Edited by geriatrickid

I really look forward to have July 3 declared National Holiday, Back to Freedom Day, and maybe, who knows, one day land at Thaksin airport biggrin.gif

I would love to see all 3..............in Moldova. You being there would be the cream on the cake.

Whats poor Moldova done to deserve that...

Another reminder that posts using derogatory nicknames or intentional misspelling of peoples names will be deleted. If you dont want your post to be deleted, spell peoples names correctly.

Thaksin Shinawatra has not legally changed his name in Thailand therefore any other (mis)spelling of his name is incorrect.

Good point kid.

But not sure about Hard Gay? Are you implying this is Abhisit's new gig?

I hope who ever goes that the visit delivers what Japan and its people need.

"I'm not prepared to return the red passport to Mr Thaksin but I will consider the case based on principles and fairness," stated Mr Surapong. "But if anything was implemented by the previous government for strictly political motives, this government will reinstitute good and fair traditions."

= Heres your passport Mr Thaksin sir sorry for the delay.

"I'm not prepared to return the red passport to Mr Thaksin but I will consider the case based on principles and fairness," stated Mr Surapong. "But if anything was implemented by the previous government for strictly political motives, this government will reinstitute good and fair traditions."

= Heres your passport Mr Thaksin sir sorry for the delay.

What ever may be, please remember it not this government's plans. It may just happen, but it is not in the plans.

"Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra said yesterday that giving a diplomatic passport back to her brother, fugitive ex-premier Thaksin, was not one of her government's plans"

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2011/08/14/national/No-plan-to-get-Thaksin-a-new-passport-says-Yingluc-30162707.html

Edited by rubl

Thailand will issue a diplomatic passport to a known criminal - well I reckon it's only fair, the rest of the government are getting one.

Mike,

Your comment damned near choked me, I havent laughed so much in ages.

A few things to consider:

Japan is the largest FDI investor in Thailand.

Discussions between Thais and many other Asian cultures is often done through proxies to save face at least initially.

Few things that could effect the elite here change either quickly or radically.

I live in the NE and if the MAN ever did return he would be welcomed as a hero around here. So let me add a little controversy to the discussion and offer my reason he is still so popular with the rural communities. Because he did a lot of things that the people see as benefical and secondly despite whatever he else did, however he prospered, none of it caused them any concern.

I'm still smiling, the whole thing has always been a matter of maintaining face. A trip through the distortions of the House of Mirrors.

IA

Another reminder:

Another reminder that posts using derogatory nicknames or intentional misspelling of people’s names will be deleted. If you don’t want your post to be deleted, spell people’s names correctly.

Thaksin Shinawatra has not legally changed his name in Thailand therefore any other (mis)spelling of his name is incorrect.

Another post removed.

Hum dumb

Since the brother was invited as opposed to the sister I guess we know who is the PM elected or not. Still trying to figure out what a few farangs will get out of supporting a convicted felon and his henchman who tried to burn down Bangkok and a few government buildings in the provience. I cannot see that freedom of speech was hindered on this forum during the Dems time in office nor the right to protest until it was abused by the red shirts.

I'm sure a visit from a corrupt convicted Thai criminal come politician is what all the people of Japan have been waiting for.

Japan is the hub of corrupt politicians. Every government seems to have had a scandal of some sort.

I'm sure a visit from a corrupt convicted Thai criminal come politician is what all the people of Japan have been waiting for.

No he was a politician first then a Thai criminal. If you are going to have a dig be factual about the situation :jap: :lol:

begin removed ...

So let me add a little controversy to the discussion and offer my reason he is still so popular with the rural communities. Because he did a lot of things that the people see as benefical and secondly despite whatever he else did, however he prospered, none of it caused them any concern.

... end removed

I'm afraid you're correct in this. As a taxpayer here in Thailand it doesn't make me really happy though :(

Japan is the hub of corrupt politicians.

Logical place for him to want to go then.

BREAKINGNEWS

Japan grants entry permit to Thaksin: Thai FM spokesman

Published on August 14, 2011

Japan granted special entry permit to fugitive former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra for his high profile visit to the country, said Thai foreign ministry's spokesman Thani Thongpakdi but remained no idea when he would travel and what kind of travel document Thaksin would hold to Japan.

Foreign minister Surapong Towichakchaikul expressed his appreciation as learn his former boss would be able to visit Japan.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-08-14

Japan granted special entry permit to fugitive former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra for his high profile visit to the country

High profile visit? K. Thaksin is invited by private persons, goes visiting Tsunami hit areas to which he donated some money, give a lecture on trade to an education institution. That's 'HIGH PROFILE'? I'm still wondering if he would have been invited if he hadn't made a 'donation'.

As for a 'trade lecture', the ASEAN Economical Ministers are just in a week long meeting to discuss the regional economy, dangers of USA and EU problems and came with a statement that the expected growth of the region for this year is now less than 6%, down from 7.5% in 2010. A better cooperation is suggested to (try to) mitigate this. If memory serves me right, thaksinomics only work in a booming economical climate.

Japan granted special entry permit to fugitive former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra for his high profile visit to the country

High profile visit? K. Thaksin is invited by private persons, goes visiting Tsunami hit areas to which he donated some money, give a lecture on trade to an education institution. That's 'HIGH PROFILE'? I'm still wondering if he would have been invited if he hadn't made a 'donation'.

As for a 'trade lecture', the ASEAN Economical Ministers are just in a week long meeting to discuss the regional economy, dangers of USA and EU problems and came with a statement that the expected growth of the region for this year is now less than 6%, down from 7.5% in 2010. A better cooperation is suggested to (try to) mitigate this. If memory serves me right, thaksinomics only work in a booming economical climate.

It's The Nation reporting, calm down, dear. Would you be upset in a similar way if, for example, Bill Gates was invited to talk somewhere that he had donated money to? Or perhaps, another, less controversial donor? Do you know that he is there to deliver a talk on thaksinomics?

The Democrats obsession with Thaksin was (and is) an uneccessary waste of time and effort which unfortunately has been picked up by a few people posting here. If it were ever diagnosed as a disease I would like to propose the name Kasititis, has a nice ring to it. Do not succomb to it, it may be satisfying at first, but just like a democrat government, the gloss will soon wear off...............here's a thought for today:

Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.

-- Buddha.

It's The Nation reporting, calm down, dear. Would you be upset in a similar way if, for example, Bill Gates was invited to talk somewhere that he had donated money to? Or perhaps, another, less controversial donor? Do you know that he is there to deliver a talk on thaksinomics?

The Democrats obsession with Thaksin was (and is) an uneccessary waste of time and effort which unfortunately has been picked up by a few people posting here. If it were ever diagnosed as a disease I would like to propose the name Kasititis, has a nice ring to it. Do not succomb to it, it may be satisfying at first, but just like a democrat government, the gloss will soon wear off...............here's a thought for today:

Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.

-- Buddha.

Indeed no idea what k. Thaksin's lecture on trade will be about. Doesn't really matter, the main aspect of my post was questioning the indication that this was a 'high profile' visit by a private person (who happens to be a fugitive criminal as well).

Thank for worrying about my condition, but I'm fairly relaxed as usual. Certainly I am not holding unto my anger. As your quote indicates that doesn't help. I normally go play a bit of pool, trying to split balls (on the table). After I feel up to tackle the world's problems and those of posters here :wai: