Thai Marriage And Divorce Laws

boaterjack

Firstly, he should be aware that anything he gives the lady, half of its value will be her husbands, so it might be to ask for trouble. Secondly, many Thai men are known to be very jealous so it could be a serious problem if the husband think the farang is intruding.

I personally have always been of the opinion that one relation must be thoroughly finished first before I am considering starting a new one, and asking a married woman to move in with me would be like asking for trouble, but that is just me.

She is still married and as pointed out any asstes she gains during the mariage has to be split with her husband on divorce. That goes also for all assets obtained by her husband. But do reallize that it include any debts!

Another point is that it is adultry to sleep with the woman and the husband can sue you for damage for that.

Moved to the family section as better suited for this topic.

Good points brought up - and that's not all

I would more worry about the 3 year old daughter, I'm assuming the normal - the mother doesn't want the father to have the child and the father is not going to return the child to the mother

Thais often have these problems and it doesn't stop them from moving in together. Advice the Lady not to be afraid of courts

If Farang is serious and Lady seems good and serious, by all means

Caution advised