Tohsang City Hotel Ubon

malct

Hi all

I have just booked in at the Tohsang city hotel, Might be a big mistake and its a Gamble.

Reading reviews, Its in a Quite area, but looking at the map, Its not to far a walk to the park.

Is their anywhere you recommend for eating , drinking or night life in the area!!! If i remember right, their was a lot of student bars near by.

I am in town from the 29th Mon and leave Thurs 1st Sept , unsure if their is anything on those dates in town.

Malc

Yes - it's a bit of a walk from the centre of town. One of the two falang watering holes is about 500 meters up the same road - continue on out of town ie turn left out of the hotel front. Enjoy (that's the name of the bar - not that crass American waiter's entreatment). Actually come to think it is 'N Joy'. If you come across the old prison being modernised you know you have gone the wrong way.

I'm sure the falang or management will give you recommendations if there is anything else within walking distance, but Ubon now has a shiny new phone for a taxi service and it's nearer to Bangkok prices than to Phuket. There are threads on TV about Ubon nightlife, but it's a bit hidden and you really need one of the local expats to guide you so be friendly in NJoy and or The Wrong Way cafe. Things tend to be more lively at weekends unfortunately; if all else fails there are the soapies (one of which has the distinction of having been Pol Pot's pleasure of choice in his later years) and the bamboo karaoke bars :rolleyes:

Tohsang is an OK 4 star hotel with one of the better breakfast buffets in Issaan.

Here we go again.......

You wanted a hotel in central Ubon? :rolleyes:

I can not think of any student bars near by! :ermm:

However the prison is next door, N'Joy bar is at the far west end of the street, and there's a "Turkish bath" further up going east. ;)

Why bother starting all those threads about where to stay in Ubon if you cannot be bothered to listen to any of the recommendations? I don't remember this place even being mentioned. I can't be bothered answering these new questions if you cannot be bothered to take any notice.

Sorry about that MeMock

The hotel wasn't on my list, it was the GF who said about it. (i preferred a Hotel with Pool, So i have failed on everything that i wanted)

I emailed Phadaeng mansion twice and still yet to get a Reply.

I had read lots of reviews on hotels and guest house's on the web and the ones closer to town got the worst reviews.

looking at the Map, Its a lot Closer to Town than the sunee Hotel.

Regarding Student Bars , we did have a tour around Ubon in February and we did see a lot of student bars, but maybe on another Street.

As I know Santisuk, Memock, and Bergen; guys MALCT is a complete troll.

We have offered our advice throughout and yet he still asks pathetic qustions.

MALCT; can I suggest that you go to your nearest 7/11, buy a bottle of one and half litre bottle of water, buy an old copy of Lonely Planet and wander aimlesslessy around Ubon Ratchathani.

Failing that, get stuffed and turn up at TC Kitchen on Saturday night (BOGOFF) that is an achronym for "Buy One Get One For Free" and myself, Lance, Big John, Bob, Kenneth, Sebastian, Megroid, Danny, Felicity, Jason, Tom, Keith, Natalie, Jeremy, and Jeff will offer some friendly advice.

In the meantime try making some exciting, exploring, executive decisions for yourself.

Now, please, get back under the bridge and go to bed.

As I know Santisuk, Memock, and Bergen; guys MALCT is a complete troll.

We have offered our advice throughout and yet he still asks pathetic qustions.

MALCT; can I suggest that you go to your nearest 7/11, buy a bottle of one and half litre bottle of water, buy an old copy of Lonely Planet and wander aimlesslessy around Ubon Ratchathani.

Failing that, get stuffed and turn up at TC Kitchen on Saturday night (BOGOFF) that is an achronym for "Buy One Get One For Free" and myself, Lance, Big John, Bob, Kenneth, Sebastian, Megroid, Danny, Felicity, Jason, Tom, Keith, Natalie, Jeremy, and Jeff will offer some friendly advice.

In the meantime try making some exciting, exploring, executive decisions for yourself.

Now, please, get back under the bridge and go to bed.

How are the teeth jim

as you know , Ubon is a very Large town/city and everything is so spread out, so for someone who doesn't know the area, Its not easy deciding where to stay. Believe me, I have been looking for the last 3 weeks on where to stay.

I take on board regarding going to the 7/11 and getting a bottle of water and go Exploring, Just hope that you don't give me a hard time if i turn up at Wrong way/N-Joy or TC Kitchen.

Malc