Watch Out For Those Drainage Covers

Tywais

Just outside my office at CMU. 3 way intersection and tight turning left onto it as it is narrow for two cars and need to stay far left. He managed to tip the large concrete drainage cover and drop the front wheel in the hole. Believe the axle is touching ground so waiting for a lift truck. Wonder whose insurance covers it - oh wait, act of god. :D

post-566-0-12400100-1314186124_thumb.jpg

Related to this, I've noticed in a few places around town, sections of drainage covers have been removed to allow the water to drain more quickly. Quite a danger for motorcyclists so take care when driving through puddles, a big gaping hole may surprise you.

Lots of broken ones around where I live near Doi Saket, mostly concrete [ I use the term loosely as I suppose sand water and a whiff of cement constitutes concrete in this country.] Some have even been replaced a year or so ago with steel grates, thats if you can call strips of steel 1/8th inch thick by 2 inches welded into a mesh grates. The builders trucks go through these just as easy as the concrete ones.

I sometimes think about filling then in with dirt and rubbish from the garden. Could save someones neck.

This is why it`s called, Amazing Thailand.

Amazing for the workers that cannot be sued for incompetence or rarely face charges for negligence.

Of course if vehicles are damaged, people get seriously injured or even killed, then no one knows anything about it or how a cover could have been left open.

Watch out, watch out, it`s a dangerous place out there.

wtk

re ... All the more reason to drive a proper truck

this ok ?

paulcm.

re .. Lots of broken ones around where I live near Doi Saket, mostly concrete [ I use the term loosely as I suppose sand water and a whiff of cement constitutes concrete in this country.] Some have even been replaced a year or so ago with steel grates, thats if you can call strips of steel 1/8th inch thick by 2 inches welded into a mesh grates.

like these ?

enjoy .. dave2

post-42592-0-45374900-1314272371_thumb.j

post-42592-0-68941900-1314272397_thumb.j

post-42592-0-79366600-1314272427_thumb.j