What Is Cheapest Way To Call Thailand From U.K

scorpio

hi,

would appreciate any advice guys, im using skype now but i hear you can get better deals calling from other networks / providers ? by the way the wife only calls from her mobile to mobile . she is 3G mobile network.

thanks

08444 397 397 66------------------ was 3 p a minute from mobile. :)

0844 are premium numbers for mobile phones, 3p seems incredibly cheap?

Yeh, but it works, try it. Might have increased now but when you use the number a recording tells you the cost per minute. :)

really depends on how many call you make... If you get the Skype world package, you can make unlimited calls to a Thai landline or mobile for under 10gbp a month....

Ring my gf thai mobile from my uk landline one p aminute have done for last coupla years dial 08448618888 listen then dial her number, it costs more from mobile, but get a vectone sim card stick it in an unlocked mobile ring thai mobiles for--you guessed it one p a minute, and yes i have checked the bills and they both are one p a minute! and with vectone on payg uk mobile calls are only 5p a minute!

If you use THESE you can register both a UK landline, and as many UK mobiles as you like, and, if using any free minutes with a monthly plan you might have, all calls from a mobile or landline work out at 1p per minute, Plus a local call charge from a landline and VAT

Texts from the mobile (or internet) at 1.8 p per text of 140 characters

NO faffing about with access numbers, welcome messages and the like. Just a local number assigned to each Thai number you register with them. (Local, as prefixed with 0161, 0208, 0121 etc)

Penkoprod

Have you looked at telesavers.co.uk were always the cheapest when I used them and now it looks like 1p/min to house phone or mobile...I think that there is a min 5p charge though. I also think that you need a BT line though.

18185 is versatile, even if not absolutely the cheapest at 1.5p per minute. If you have bundled minutes with your mobile telephone, you can use them to connect for no extra charge. So you don't have to be stuck to any particular location any more.

I get unlimited landline calls with my mobile telephone contract, so it's a convenient service for me.

For ease of use and portability use an icard mobile sim.

1p to landline

2p to mobile.

These rates were as of end of June but had been same for previous year.

No connection charges just flat rate.

Edited by Chivas

I used to use these cheap numbers that you called, but call quality was not always great,, and I believe that the billing starts from the moment you make the call and hear the dialtone regardless whether there is an answer at the other end,, before I moved to LOS I used a Lebara SIM, good rates mobile to mobile although i'm sure not the cheapest, but good quality line, another one that ive heard of is Lycos, but don't know much about that.

Get a FREE LEBARA sim card, add some credit and simply call direct.

I did it all summer this year and calling Thailand was cheaper than calling the next town!

6p / min to Mobile

1p / min to Landline

12p for an SMS

Why not use the icard mobile sim ?? Same set up as Lebara but only 2p a minutes to Thai mobiles and 1 p to landlines.

SMS sent from web at 1.8p plus vat so around 2p as well.