My New White Isuzu Mu7 Choize

dagling

PJS electric seats, rain sensor, hid, washers and 5 speed gearbox.. we could have a winner

ad efficient brakes, modern 4 sensor ABS and rear coil springs, and powerfull engine, IMHO you have todays best Thai SUV at reasonable price. if you can stand the styling. I still think Fortuna looks better, but who wants to wait x months for a tuna?

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even tho one has to agree with the difference in looks, tis a tad disingenuous to use oldest most beat up and questionable colour scheme of moo in your versus.

Isuzu-Mu-7-Choiz-%E0%B8%AA%E0%B8%B5%E0%B8%94%E0%B8%B3.jpg

There u go, much more betterer

Beat up? it was a good looking silver colored MU7 without a scratch....I am sorry anyway, things should be fair.

That is a beautiful painting there, here is a similar painting, 2good looking cars indeed.

Range+Rover+Evoque+Cook+XL.jpg

To be fair I got a polished showcase of a real MU7here, all cars same color and the MUU7 with the new rally air intake on the hood,

MU7 now looks just like the dakar rally version of the Range Rover evoque.

And a more toned down regular passenger version of the Range Rover evoque to be fair.

Both MU7 and the RR, incredibly beautiful and unique state of the art cars, in their own way.

I chuckled at delivery truck, man you guys are cruel

isuzu-mu7.jpgDakar-Rally-Range-Rover-Evoque-3.jpg

Land-Rover-Range-Rover-Evoque-626x382.jpg

Edited by thaibai

Even tho one has to agree with the difference in looks, tis a tad disingenuous to use oldest most beat up and questionable colour scheme of moo in your versus.

Beat up? it was a good looking silver colored MU7 without a scratch....I am sorry anyway, things should be fair.

That is a beautiful painting there, here is a similar painting, 2good looking cars indeed.

Range+Rover+Evoque+Cook+XL.jpg

To be fair I got a polished showcase of a real MU7here, all cars same color and the MUU7 with the new rally air intake on the hood,

MU7 now looks just like the dakar rally version of the Range Rover evoque.

And a more toned down regular passenger version of the Range Rover evoque to be fair.

Both MU7 and the RR, incredibly beautiful and unique state of the art cars, in their own way.

I chuckled at delivery truck, man you guys are cruel

isuzu-mu7.jpgDakar-Rally-Range-Rover-Evoque-3.jpg

Land-Rover-Range-Rover-Evoque-626x382.jpg

haha brilliant please note my post was tongue firmly in cheek...

my problem is i like the standard equipment of the pajero such as 5 speed gearbox, 178 hp and 17 inch wheels but can't get one delivered till god knows when.

i can pick up a black Mu7 Choiz - which i don't mind the boxy government are kicking your door down at 4am look, VSA i turn off anyway so i can swing through s-bends using car weight (being taught to drive by a getaway driver has its benefits) plus I come from an era of cadence breaking so it's very rare i use anti locking - on Friday.

also being a cheeky cockerney chappy i'd get extra to the front and rear cameras, navi, second screen and full body kit

30,000 baht discount (50k w/out free insurance)

150kg roof rack

scuff plates

weather mats

car cover

sun screen

free insurance from Viraya

rear sensors

USB adaptor

20 inch mags (add 25k)

Lamina tint

i've forgotten the other 3 things but remember them being "cool"

of course i'd like the electric seats, headlamp washers and mod cons but its a real what to do, what to do

Edited by 2unique

How about this to compare? :)

2011cadillacescaladebla.jpg

Waiting for someone to say "Cadillac stole the Escalade design from my MU-7!" :D

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

ad efficient brakes, modern 4 sensor ABS and rear coil springs, and powerfull engine, IMHO you have todays best Thai SUV at reasonable price. if you can stand the styling. I still think Fortuna looks better, but who wants to wait x months for a tuna?

And don't forget the 3-zone aircon in the new minor change :)

Speaking of which, the wife's went in for the 40,000KM service recently, and they did something to the A/C - the air coming out is ridiculously cold now - even in 35 degree heat and direct sunlight you can't have the front vents pointing at your hands for fear of frostbite! :o OK, maybe a little embellished, but it's stupid cold :blink:

150kg roof rack

scuff plates

weather mats

car cover

sun screen

rear sensors

USB adaptor

20 inch mags (add 25k)

Lamina tint

of course i'd like the electric seats, headlamp washers and mod cons but its a real what to do, what to do

25K for 20" wheels is par for course - you can get that deal yourself at any wheel shop, trading-in the OEM wheels/tires (assuming not chrome wheels, and cheap Taiwan/Korea tires).

You might want to test drive a MU-7 with 20's first though - even on the much nicer riding PJS, you need top-shelf tires to maintain any form of ride quality if going to 20's.

And don't forget the 3-zone aircon in the new minor change :)

Speaking of which, the wife's went in for the 40,000KM service recently, and they did something to the A/C - the air coming out is ridiculously cold now - even in 35 degree heat and direct sunlight you can't have the front vents pointing at your hands for fear of frostbite! :o OK, maybe a little embellished, but it's stupid cold :blink:

150kg roof rack

scuff plates

weather mats

car cover

sun screen

rear sensors

USB adaptor

20 inch mags (add 25k)

Lamina tint

25K for 20" wheels is par for course - you can get that deal yourself at any wheel shop, trading-in the OEM wheels/tires (assuming not chrome wheels, and cheap Taiwan/Korea tires).

You might want to test drive a MU-7 with 20's first though - even on the much nicer riding PJS, you need top-shelf tires to maintain any form of ride quality if going to 20's.

I suggested 18s as was surprised to see only 16s. Asked the missus and she prefers the PJS, said with I way adjustable seats she stands a chance of driving but MU7 on my own. I prefer the look of the 7 but the PJS simply outspecs it. Looks like I'll have to use taxis or her vios till new year which won't help cart 2 households of flood victims around.

Anyone know if purchase can be made out of bangkok, I don't mind test driving back from the beach or the mountains :)

Edited by 2unique

Anyone know if purchase can be made out of bangkok, I don't mind test driving back from the beach or the mountains :)

Last time I looked, Mitsubishi dealers outside of BKK were selling cars too, heh ;)

Try ringing MMTH as suggested earlier today..

just a week ago the 2012 blue was available in Phuket, GT 2wd. Friend got it. Next delivery december

Last time I looked, Mitsubishi dealers outside of BKK were selling cars too, heh ;)

haha i meant specifically relating to purchase of a PJS 2WD 2012 ... MMTH? If that's the call centre - today is outside of business hours!

just a week ago the 2012 blue was available in Phuket, GT 2wd. Friend got it. Next delivery december

he should check that is still the case as i was told they have cars in Laem Chabang waiting on parts from the flood zone - so nowt till January unless already at showroom...

How about this to compare? :)

2011cadillacescaladebla.jpg

Waiting for someone to say "Cadillac stole the Escalade design from my MU-7!" :D

You are right, they really look alike, never thought about that before, it made me smile.

MU7 is the extralong Escalade rebuilt for funerals

with an extrasmall engine

Escalade%20ESV%20Hearse_04.jpg.

Edited by thaibai

People obviously have different tastes. People like different styles. I have no interest in any SUV but I think the Isuzu MU7 and the Ford Everest are the two best looking SUV's on the market. It is truly all a matter of choice because there are NO bad vehicles built in Thailand. All are dependable and you would be hard pressed to find a better built and more dependable vehicle than the MU 7.

• 1 month later...

Living in the Salathasop area I bought the MU-7 which was delivered in a week allowing me to get back into my home 3 weeks before my wife's car could navigate the waters.As I have no need to be first off the lights,I have been extremely pleased with the vehicle except for braking under emergency conditions. Without having learned cadence braking I believe I would have rear-ended taxis on 1 maybe 2 occasions. I will be visiting RUNSTOP in the very near future.

I actually like the boxy look of the MU-7 (but couldn't reconcile with the 16in trolley wheels) over the Pajero/Tuna look my wife favours and with a 2 month wait for the others flood circumstance dictated B.F.C (think DOOM) NOW.

From RUNSTOP:- note I do not work for them and other options may be better/cheaper but they spoke English and are 4km from my house

The rear brake for your Isuzu MU7 with 20” rim, we recommend you to try our patent Rear conversion kit. This unique-design kit converts from brake drum to disc, giving firm brake feeling without fading. It takes less than 2 hours for installation on “just-plug-and-play” concept. Pls find enclosed photo “Caliper NEW”. This set cost 29,500 Baht.

For Front oversized disc, we can customize upgrade your disc to 380 mm with new 4-pot caliper called “R3 model”. As you may know, passenger car manufacturers normally install 1 pot caliper for user, which definitely not enough when encounter emergency brake situation with speed around 100 km/hr. Pls find enclosed photo “R3”.

With this combination, we can guarantee the shorter brake distance of 35%. When you install both front & rear, we offer promotion at 52,000 Baht, with installation free-of-charge.

For anyone interested in this kind of thing on a price of 1.2M (I bargained a 30k discount) Baht interest rate 1.3%

you can get:

Mu-7 Choiz or Super Titanium (I don't like plastic wood effect so went Choiz for the black interior)

IGenie Garmin Navigator with built in USB bluetooth (phone and stereo) plus front and rear camera

2nd Screen with dual zone control

150kg Roof Rack

Rear Sensors

Weather mats and rear cargo weather mat

Scuff Plates (non LED)

Full body kit inc upper rear spoiler

Running boards

3 in 1 spare tire lock, engine and pedal immobiliser

Free Insurance - 1 year

Free License plate frame

Tint/Film

Wind/Rain Shields

30,000 baht off - 50,000 if you decline the insurance

Car Cover and Parking Sunshade

Caps, T-shirts and clocks for the family (yeah i ran out of things to ask for)

But be aware out of the Paj, Tuna and Mu this is the most like a pickup and does feel like the rear will step out when swinging through bends. I like this as it does feel like driving rather than the car driving you. I have made some minor cosmetic changes to make the truck feel more car-like for the wife.

20in Rims (it just seems so puny with 16)

Subwoofer ok that and the wheels were for me

Interior foot well blue lighting ala Civic

Angel eyes - no purpose purely aesthetic

Door lights so my child can see when climbing the 53 inches down to the ground

Daytime running lights (they actually have cut down on the amount of times people pull out in front of you - more see able than a huge PPV??)

and next week I will upgrade the brakes or at least the rear ones.

Have a great Xmas guys and thanks for all the sage advice across topics.

IMG_5416.jpg

Edited by 2unique
  • Like 1

Cont. on the Mu7 2unique hope you have many safe miles in it.

The amount of free extras are impressive, without flaming anybody I suspect its the dealers desperate to sell them.

Not my choice of vehicle I must admit, I looking to get either a PJS or the new Ranger.

Cont. on the Mu7 2unique hope you have many safe miles in it.

The amount of free extras are impressive, without flaming anybody I suspect its the dealers desperate to sell them.

Not my choice of vehicle I must admit, I looking to get either a PJS or the new Ranger.

definitely on the dealer wanting to shift cars - I felt they would have given me shares in the showroom or their firstborn children!!

The Pajero despite not being able to get as many extras was first choice (I could have grown into the look) for the, 8 way electric seats, 5 speed gearbox, coil springs and 178hp - what put me off apart from the 2 month wait was the cramped 3rd row - we regularly take 2 cars to lunch or dinner trips as a 6 adults + child family and I felt we would still have to take another car especially going to Daeng's seafood for the 100+ km lunch trip. Love the way they fold tho.

If the house wasn't behind flood waters, I may have waited but ultimately once you're inside they have very similar ride capabilities, kml and we have a Civic, Vios x2 and City as back up. Knowing we will sell my wife's Vios (kids getting bigger) means we have opportunity to get anything from a pickup to a Camry to a PJS for her anyway.

Edited by 2unique

Looks are definately subjective, what isnt is the ride in the back, very poor like the ford everest, i dont get carsick or have vertigo but i definately was nauseas after being in the back an hour or so, rear leaf spring suspension and body roll did me in, youll need to grab complementary vomit bags from the airplanes to offer 3rd row passengers.

Looks are definately subjective, what isnt is the ride in the back, very poor like the ford everest, i dont get carsick or have vertigo but i definately was nauseas after being in the back an hour or so, rear leaf spring suspension and body roll did me in, youll need to grab complementary vomit bags from the airplanes to offer 3rd row passengers.

Understand that, I've never ridden in the back but do get motion sickness any where in a sportrider and rear seat Fortuner .... I test drove the Runstop Fortuner and my wife said the addition of gras adjustable shocks really made a difference in the back. Might look into that (Ranchos) for her and the kid.

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone interested in this kind of thing on a price of 1.2M (I bargained a 30k discount) Baht interest rate 1.3%

you can get:

Mu-7 Choiz or Super Titanium (I don't like plastic wood effect so went Choiz for the black interior)

IGenie Garmin Navigator with built in USB bluetooth (phone and stereo) plus front and rear camera

150kg Roof Rack

Rear Sensors

Scuff Plates (non LED)

Running boards

Free Insurance - 1 year

Free License plate frame

Tint/Film

Wind/Rain Shields

But be aware out of the Paj, Tuna and Mu this is the most like a pickup and does feel like the rear will step out when swinging through bends. I like this as it does feel like driving rather than the car driving you. I have made some minor cosmetic changes to make the truck feel more car-like for the wife.

Daytime running lights (they actually have cut down on the amount of times people pull out in front of you - more see able than a huge PPV??)

As with Anguid, I have been a die hard fan of the MU-7. MRO, Katabeachbum and others kinda dampened my enthusiasm for a minute there when they plainly laid out the side-by-side mechanical capabilities of the top SUVs - but who am I to let a few facts get in they way? - (just kidding guys.....I really do appreciate the knowledge you share with the rest of us)!

But, for those with vehicle needs like us - a comfortable 3ard row seat (plus as much additional cargo space as possible) - I think you're admirable in the way you're improving your new MU-7! In fact, I would like to follow suit. I am curious as to how those cool-looking 20"ers handle and ride, especially if you don't do the front brake upgrade. I had been contemplating 18"ers, but your 20's do look a whole lot better!

What size and model tire did you decide to go with? What other tire models were available? Where did you get your angel eyes installed?

Can we count on you to keep us posted on the progress and your findings of your upgrades?

you can get:

150kg Roof Rack

Rear Sensors

Scuff Plates (non LED)

Running boards

Free Insurance - 1 year

Free License plate frame

Tint/Film

Wind/Rain Shields

IMG_5416.jpg

Funny, in Europe fitting wheels and tires that stick out of the bodywork are illegal, and for a reason i guess. Not in LOS I guess, although the same reasoning might apply ...

As with Anguid, I have been a die hard fan of the MU-7. MRO, Katabeachbum and others kinda dampened my enthusiasm for a minute there when they plainly laid out the side-by-side mechanical capabilities of the top SUVs

I never intended to rag on the MU-7 - it has it's own unique angle in the market (it's the super-size PPV) and I'm a big fan of Isuzu's engines - who cares what they sound like from outside - from inside a Mysterious Utility 7 the clatter is well supressed, and there's simply no other diesel engine in the segment that will run as effeciently, nor be as long-term reliable...

As with Anguid, I have been a die hard fan of the MU-7. MRO, Katabeachbum and others kinda dampened my enthusiasm for a minute there when they plainly laid out the side-by-side mechanical capabilities of the top SUVs

I never intended to rag on the MU-7 - it has it's own unique angle in the market (it's the super-size PPV) and I'm a big fan of Isuzu's engines - who cares what they sound like from outside - from inside a Mysterious Utility 7 the clatter is well supressed, and there's simply no other diesel engine in the segment that will run as effeciently, nor be as long-term reliable...

Hmmm, my chum bought an Isuzu (2007) the same time l bought the Vigo. His ride has an old type V belt ohmy.png where my Toyo had Poly- V.

Hmmm, my chum bought an Isuzu (2007) the same time l bought the Vigo. His ride has an old type V belt ohmy.png where my Toyo had Poly- V.

Am I missing the context here, or should we start talking about injectors? tongue.png

Edited by MoonRiverOasis