What Golf Ball Do You Use?

kenny999

We all know the type don't we, every club has them. The type we all smile and nod too but are always too busy pulling out our fingernails with a hot poker instead of being available for a game.

I am available for a game at your convenience. Anytime. If I were you I'd put up or shut up.

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have had a very good friend for years that reminds me of Forethat.

He had every book ever written on the game, read all the golf magazines religiously, watched all the videos and tournaments on TV and considered himself an expert on all things golf related.

Unfortunately, he never was able to carry all that knowledge onto the course itself and was frustrated by his game. He claimed to know everything but, sadly, did not have the motor skills to accomplish his goals.

What is he doing now?

He has largely retired from the game and is reduced to following golf forums, trying to critique anonymous people on their imaginary golf swings. He, too, makes vacuous comments regarding his personal game, largely because they all occur in his imagination.

This seems to be a case of deja vu all over again. cheesy.gif

I'm sure you're a good player, you've made sure to tell the entire forum plenty of times.

Personally, my thinking is that the bullshitter is the one who cant but tell everybody how good he his. One wonders what the he** that has to do with it..?

So far you haven't managed to post anything correct ONCE. First you claimed that Greg Norman was correct when he said he could actually hit the top quadrant of a golf ball with a wedge. He can't. PERIOD. I have posted imagery that clearly shows this is IMPOSSIBLE. You argued quite a bit about this, pretty stupid I must say, when the only thing you had to do was to admit to be wrong. I guess that's what' defines a "know it all". My definition of your personality disorder is "clown".

The next brilliant performance from yourself and your buddy Wannabe was when you claimed that the status of a player - professional or amateur - is dictated by a PGA membership. That is just so stupid I don't know what is. The status is decided by R&A/USGA and has NOTHING to do with a PGA membership. PGA is an organisation, and there are several others. Some of these allows ANYONE that can pay the starting fee to play in tournaments. I have included links to SEVERAL of these, I have even played in a couple of these events myself. But STILL you are so full of shit you think you're right when you claim that a PGA membership is what dictates a professional status or not. Embarrassing, if you ask me.

And now we're at the point where you claim that the golf ball is not one of the most important factors when pairing the foursomes in Ryder an Presidents Cup. You probably think that the idiot who said that professionals turn up at tournament and test thousands of balls before selecting the ball that suits that weeks conditions was right, huh..?

In the future, please feel free to include references to the quotes that you complain about, if anything it would at least make you just a little credible.

Déjà vu was the word...

I am sooo looking forward to playing a game with you guys, it'll be REALLY fun watching you show your skills against someone like me who "never was able to carry all that knowledge onto the course itself and was frustrated by his game".

When is this imaginary golf game going to take place? if you are to be believed when you say you shot a 69 then there would be no point in me turning up to show off my skills against players that score under par, I can tell you right now I could not compete against such brilliance and I am being complimentary when I say that, I admire professional golfers who are able to play this game so well, my skills are of a competent golfer who plays the game well but has never scored better then 7 over par, going by all of the posts on here it is my opinion that 3 people are pro's who can not agree with each other, I really can not understand why there should be name calling when this is a debate about golf,there will always be a difference of opinion it's nothing to get nasty about it's life, I have to say this thread is a very interesting one, I am actually learning from it. I always have thoughts about being a great golfer but I find practice boring so I except the player I am, sometimes I am very good sometimes not very good, I take the good with the bad..

Personaly I would love to play with a golfer who shoots under par, I would never play with anyone who is using the game to make fun of me!!!

Edited by kenny999

He had every book ever written on the game, read all the golf magazines religiously, watched all the videos and tournaments on TV and considered himself an expert on all things golf related.

Unfortunately, he never was able to carry all that knowledge onto the course itself and was frustrated by his game. He claimed to know everything but, sadly, did not have the motor skills to accomplish his goals.

What is he doing now?

He has largely retired from the game and is reduced to following golf forums, trying to critique anonymous people on their imaginary golf swings. He, too, makes vacuous comments regarding his personal game, largely because they all occur in his imagination.

I'm sure you're a good player, you've made sure to tell the entire forum plenty of times.

Personally, my thinking is that the bullshitter is the one who cant but tell everybody how good he his. One wonders what the he** that has to do with it..?

So far you haven't managed to post anything correct ONCE. First you claimed that Greg Norman was correct when he said he could actually hit the top quadrant of a golf ball with a wedge. He can't. PERIOD. I have posted imagery that clearly shows this is IMPOSSIBLE. You argued quite a bit about this, pretty stupid I must say, when the only thing you had to do was to admit to be wrong. I guess that's what' defines a "know it all". My definition of your personality disorder is "clown".

The next brilliant performance from yourself and your buddy Wannabe was when you claimed that the status of a player - professional or amateur - is dictated by a PGA membership. That is just so stupid I don't know what is. The status is decided by R&A/USGA and has NOTHING to do with a PGA membership. PGA is an organisation, and there are several others. Some of these allows ANYONE that can pay the starting fee to play in tournaments. I have included links to SEVERAL of these, I have even played in a couple of these events myself. But STILL you are so full of shit you think you're right when you claim that a PGA membership is what dictates a professional status or not. Embarrassing, if you ask me.

And now we're at the point where you claim that the golf ball is not one of the most important factors when pairing the foursomes in Ryder an Presidents Cup. You probably think that the idiot who said that professionals turn up at tournament and test thousands of balls before selecting the ball that suits that weeks conditions was right, huh..?

In the future, please feel free to include references to the quotes that you complain about, if anything it would at least make you just a little credible.

Déjà vu was the word...

I am sooo looking forward to playing a game with you guys, it'll be REALLY fun watching you show your skills against someone like me who "never was able to carry all that knowledge onto the course itself and was frustrated by his game".

When is this imaginary golf game going to take place? if you are to be believed when you say you shot a 69 then there would be no point in me turning up to show off my skills against players that score under par, I can tell you right now I could not compete against such brilliance and I am being complimentary when I say that, I admire professional golfers who are able to play this game so well, my skills are of a competent golfer who plays the game well but has never scored better then 7 over par, going by all of the posts on here it is my opinion that 3 people are pro's who can not agree with each other, I really can not understand why there should be name calling when this is a debate about golf,there will always be a difference of opinion it's nothing to get nasty about it's life, I have to say this thread is a very interesting one, I am actually learning from it. I always have thoughts about being a great golfer but I find practice boring so I except the player I am, sometimes I am very good sometimes not very good, I take the good with the bad..

Personaly I would love to play with a golfer who shoots under par, I would never play with anyone who is using the game to make fun of me!!!

If FT will forgive me for giving a couple of personal events during my long, tender life at hacking at this game...

I played a round many years ago with a young aspiring touring pro. I had a decent round, shooting 73 (THERE! I said it.). Unfortunately he beat me by ten strokes, shooting a 63 at me. I know how good they can be.

I also played a round with my club professional (we played often) and, when we departed the clubhouse, he said he was going to shoot not more than 70 on the day. We came to the 17th tee, a par 3 over water. He hit his tee shot on the green, got in his cart and drove to the green, whereupon he picked up his ball and walked towards his cart.

I asked him what he was doing and he said..."That's 70," as he drove to the clubhouse.

That's the way lots of people shoot "69s".

What is he doing now?

Déjà vu was the word...

Dont even for a second think that you and I wouldn't have a great time on a golf course. Competitive or not, I enjoy playing with people, I don't care about their level of play is as long as they behave as a majority of players - exemplary. And just to inform you, it doesn't matter if it is a Pro or a hacker, we all have EXACTLY the same issues with the swing and the game. You know how it is; if the driving is working the putting is <deleted>, if the ball striking sucks you can bet your sorry ass that every bleeding put will drop - as if the ball knew that the putt was to save a triple bogey, not a birdie or eagle put. It's the same for everybody, it doesn't matter if your off plus 4 or 28. My best competition score last year was 65, the worst was 82. I admit that I usually don't play tournaments if my game is not working (for this reason my hcp probably shows my highest level of play nowadays), I have a habit of practicing rather than competing, but I have reached the age where I am no longer interested in the same way.

I should also tell you that last week I had a round where I simply could not hit the darned thing and didn't even summarize the score, but I guess somewhere close to 85-86. That's 16 shots over my hcp. So shit happens to all level of players. It happens to the top 10-players in the world too...

My worst moment on a golf course was during a week in Finland some 5 or 6 years ago. I went there to play a tournament on a STUNNING golf course by the name Kytajaa Golf and Country Club. Three or four days prior the tournament I played a practice round and we were fixed up with a Finnish guy in his 40's and his wife. Lovely people. I played one of the worst rounds of my life. My swing had undergone a total collapse one week prior to the trip (probably due to the pressure of the event), but this was at a magnitude I have never experienced before, I could not hit a decent shot. I thinned it, hit it fat, sliced it and messed up pretty much everything I did. I was off +1 at the time. And somewhere near the end of the round (I was a mental mess and not very happy at all) the guy turns towards me and says: "golf is not easy, it takes time to learn, as a beginner you shouldn't put so much pressure on yourself". The guy thought I was a beginner...True story. I played in the tournament and missed the cut after shooting 85-88.

Please find attached a scanned copy of my TGA handicap card from May 2011. I am no longer affiliated with or a member of TGA so I am no longer listed at their web site, and the reason I didn't want to give you my hcp before was that anyone could have easily checked who has that hcp (it was only one guy at the time). I have blacked out my name and ID number. You can check out my scores for yourself. I admit there are rounds I haven't registered, probably in the region of 10-12 rounds with scores between 75-80.

So, now you know my handicap. Not that it matters jack shit, but since you asked for it.

Edit: Hmm, how do I get the image to appear..?post-98752-0-29499400-1325414828_thumb.j There you go...!

Edited by Forethat

We all know the type don't we, every club has them. The type we all smile and nod too but are always too busy pulling out our fingernails with a hot poker instead of being available for a game.

I am available for a game at your convenience. Anytime. If I were you I'd put up or shut up.

As I said, I'm not.

As I said, I'm not.

Neither putting up or shutting up...?

[

That'd be YOU then...?

More on the topic that touches on this problem.

http://www.thetourva...features/225284

http://blogs.golf.co...s-pairings.html

I don't think Wannabe or chuckd (and definitely not kenny) is of the standard that you'll be able to grasp the actual issue with playing a ball you don't normally play. For this you'll need to be able to strike the ball more consistently than one normally do at your hcp. If you understood this you'd understand why Jack Nicklaus, Mickelson, Faldo, Pavin and other players, (captains or players) gives this so much attention. It has even been debated whether this has actually decided the result in single matches, and in some cases the outcome of the entire Cup.

From a more practical perspective, on of biggest reason the ball is so important, is distance control (many of the players I know who've played in Ryder Cup claims that "trajectory/feeling" is an issue as well, but that's over-course for you guys). I am willing to bet a green fee that none of you boys know exactly how to hit a 73 yds shot, or a 88 yds pitch, or what Sergio Garcia would call a 50 yds nipper. You may have a couple of stock shots in the bag, but most likely you're not even aware how to adjust in order to hit every yardage from 40 to 100 yds. At this level it's not about hitting it within a couple of yds, we're talking hitting it at the EXACT yardage. There are are a couple of techniques by which you can do this, but regardless of technique you can bet that the distance gets programmed after hitting a couple of hundred thousand wedges.

Now, what you're saying, is that all this counts for nothing. Of course it does. It is the very essence of professional golf. Scoring. Without consistent ball striking and distance control you cant hit it close to the pin and eventually convert to birdies. And I haven't even mentioned the trajectory/feeling side of the issue or how the body makes adjustments when this parameter is disturbed.

The reason this becomes an issue is the distance control and the trajectory/feeling. Bomb it of the tee I cant imagine would be a problem, but the approach shot, there's the issue, and this is a well known fact. This is also why this is heavily debated every time Ryder Cup or similar is on the line. Some players prepare and practice. They know in advance that they will be paired with someone and for this reason practice with the intended ball.

Not an important factor? Clown...

There you go again stating completely irrelevent facts.

Who picked the pairings? Couples and Norman.

What did they say? The balls were a non issue when chosing the pairings.

Perhaps your misguided ire should be towards them because you know more than them.

Your early post just confirms what I said. If they considered the balls to be relevent then the players wouldn't have had to adapt because they would have been paired according to the balls they use.

All this other nonsense you post has nothing to do with it. Those that made the decisions didn't think the balls were an issue. If you weren't a hacker then you'd understand that.

I enjoy playing with people, I don't care about their level of play is as long as they behave as a majority of players - exemplary. And just to inform you, it doesn't matter if it is a Pro or a hacker, we all have EXACTLY the same issues with the swing and the game. You know how it is; if the driving is working the putting is <deleted>, if the ball striking sucks you can bet your sorry ass that every bleeding put will drop - as if the ball knew that the putt was to save a triple bogey, not a birdie or eagle put. It's the same for everybody, it doesn't matter if your off plus 4 or 28. My best competition score last year was 65, the worst was 82. I admit that I usually don't play tournaments if my game is not working (for this reason my hcp probably shows my highest level of play nowadays), I have a habit of practicing rather than competing, but I have reached the age where I am no longer interested in the same way.

I should also tell you that last week I had a round where I simply could not hit the darned thing and didn't even summarize the score, but I guess somewhere close to 85-86. That's 16 shots over my hcp. So shit happens to all level of players. It happens to the top 10-players in the world too...

Firstly you made reference to my post about being a PGA Member to play pro. You basically said it was bullshit and have brought it up again even though I explained earlier that it was correct. In about 1979 when I turned Pro I had it had to be as a member of the PGA to actually play in tournaments because there were no other pro events. Like it or lump it, that was the fact. So now that is clear....

This part of your post above I agree with completely. If only you posted in similar ways instead of the patronising way you usually do.

I enjoy playing with people, I don't care about their level of play is as long as they behave as a majority of players - exemplary. And just to inform you, it doesn't matter if it is a Pro or a hacker, we all have EXACTLY the same issues with the swing and the game. You know how it is; if the driving is working the putting is <deleted>, if the ball striking sucks you can bet your sorry ass that every bleeding put will drop - as if the ball knew that the putt was to save a triple bogey, not a birdie or eagle put. It's the same for everybody, it doesn't matter if your off plus 4 or 28. My best competition score last year was 65, the worst was 82. I admit that I usually don't play tournaments if my game is not working (for this reason my hcp probably shows my highest level of play nowadays), I have a habit of practicing rather than competing, but I have reached the age where I am no longer interested in the same way.

Firstly you made reference to my post about being a PGA Member to play pro. You basically said it was bullshit and have brought it up again even though I explained earlier that it was correct. In about 1979 when I turned Pro I had it had to be as a member of the PGA to actually play in tournaments because there were no other pro events. Like it or lump it, that was the fact. So now that is clear....

This part of your post above I agree with completely. If only you posted in similar ways instead of the patronising way you usually do.

Please feel free to include references to the post where I have said this was Bull Shit (in the future, please make sure you include references to all quotes you claim I have made).

You stated that there's a hcp limit to become a pro. There is no such thing. Here's what you said:

Back in his/my day you only had to be off 4 or less to try and become pro. I'll ask him in a couple of weeks.

http://www.thaivisa....ost__p__4693068

What I HAVE done is to clearly and in an EXTREMELY (if not over clear) detailed way describe what the condition for a player status is. In this case, it's R&A/USGA who governs the conditions for the status of non-amateur player. YOU, on the other hand, have refused to admit that this is the case DESPITE me having included links to SEVERAL professional organisations where you are free to join and play as a professional regardless of handicap. Actually, it's not up to them to decide whether you're a professional, it's the fact that you accept money that decides your status. This means you don't have to be a player to reach the status of a professional - as long as you make more money that R&A admits you can do as an amateur you're a professional. Coach, player, long driver, exhibition player etc.

The funny thing is you continue to claim that you have proven me wrong. Are you serious..? You argue that your internship at PGA Australia was required to become a professional golfer - it doesn't have ANYTHING to do with becoming a professional golfer, what you are talking about is becoming a member in an organisation THERE'S the handicap limit, in this case it's 4, 2 or similar.

Here are the links:

http://www.thaivisa....ost__p__4693115

But in all, great to see you act as a man and admit you were dead wrong - Kudos!

Please feel free to include references to the post where I have said this was Bull Shit (in the future, please make sure you include references to all quotes you claim I have made).

You stated that there's a hcp limit to become a pro. There is no such thing. Here's what you said:

Back in his/my day you only had to be off 4 or less to try and become pro. I'll ask him in a couple of weeks.

What I HAVE done is to clearly and in an EXTREMELY (if not over clear) detailed way describe what the condition for a player status is. In this case, it's R&A/USGA who governs the conditions for the status of non-amateur player. YOU, on the other hand, have refused to admit that this is the case DESPITE me having included links to SEVERAL professional organisations where you are free to join and play as a professional regardless of handicap. Actually, it's not up to them to decide whether you're a professional, it's the fact that you accept money that decides your status. This means you don't have to be a player to reach the status of a professional - as long as you make more money that R&A admits you can do as an amateur you're a professional. Coach, player, long driver, exhibition player etc.

The funny thing is you continue to claim that you have proven me wrong. Are you serious..? You argue that your internship at PGA Australia was required to become a professional golfer - it doesn't have ANYTHING to do with becoming a professional golfer, what you are talking about is becoming a member in an organisation THERE'S the handicap limit, in this case it's 4, 2 or similar.

Here are the links:

But in all, great to see you act as a man and admit you were dead wrong - Kudos!

Now would be a good time to agree to disagree otherwise this thread could surpass 20 pages!!

Anyone for a game of golf!!! wai.gif

Here are the links:

I play in Australia, I have no idea what it takes to be a pro in any other country as I don't live there and don't play there. When I did my traineeship one had to be of 4 or less to be eligible. To play in the Q school (it wasn't called that back then but the name eludes me) you also had a handicap limit but I can't remember what it was. If one didn't do those things then one could not play pro as the only tournaments were PGA events. NOW you could play without being a PGA member. When I turned pro I couldn't because there were no tournaments to play in. So I will concede you MAY be technically correct (but I don't know) it wouldn't have done me any good, I MAY have been a pro but a pro that couldn't play in tournaments, or be a club pro because back then one also had to be a member of the PGA to do that.

I don't care if you disagree because I'm happy to know the facts.

You have directed venom at me because of the ball non issue at the Presidents Cup, again misguided. I didn't pick the pairings, neither did you, Nicklaus, Woods, the writers in Golf Digest. So what everyone else thinks is irrelevent, only what Couples and Norman decided is relevent, if you disagree that is a matter for you and you can go and take it up with them that they were wrong. But whether you or anyone else thinks they are wrong doesn't matter, that's what they did.

In any event, it doesn't really matter now.

Kenny and Chuckd, if every we are in the same place at the same time I'd love to have a bash as you guys obviously just love to play the game for enjoyment, that is the most important thing.

You have directed venom at me because of the ball non issue at the Presidents Cup, again misguided.

Ehhh...no, you're wrong AGAIN. I'm beginning to wonder if you do this on purpose...

I have not directed any "venom" at you (though I'm sure those who've read YOUR posts agree on the opposite...). What I have done is to state that "the ball is one of the most important factors when you pair your players in Ryder Cup and Presidents Cup etc." Here's the link:

http://www.thaivisa....ost__p__4942598

I didn't pick the pairings, neither did you, Nicklaus, Woods, the writers in Golf Digest. So what everyone else thinks is irrelevent, only what Couples and Norman decided is relevent, if you disagree that is a matter for you and you can go and take it up with them that they were wrong. But whether you or anyone else thinks they are wrong doesn't matter, that's what they did.

Ehhh...no I have never disagreed to that. You are wrong. AGAIN. In fact, if you read my posts you'll find that I accept that they said that it wasn't an issue. I said "If Greg Norman says it's ok with him and his players I'm sure that's fine." Here's the link:

http://www.thaivisa....ost__p__4943230

As everybody else understands, the ball type is a huge issue. It controls the pairing to ridiculous extents. In addition, in this years Presidents Cup Ogilvy admitted that he had a problem (he was in the team Captained by Greg Norman who the night before the Cup started said it was NOT an issue...go figure... And even if that was the case I'm sure that the ball type had been discussed thoroughly prior to any pairings. The only thing we know is that they wrongfully says it was not an issue based on the fact that the players involved claims the opposite. In case you haven't figured it out yourself I'm telling you, and there are plenty of others who agree:

Although International captain Greg Norman said it wasn't an issue ("At the end of the day, the guys can make the adjustment or adapt very quickly," he said), there is strategy involved

For all we know the pairings might have been done in a way that they avoided issues, or they had issues that they refused to admit. We don't know. The only thing we DO know is that it is one of the most important factors.

Obviously if all players play the same type of ball you don't have an issue (it's probably 60-70% who plays Titleist, I'm sure you can find the details on ths somewhere). Similarly, if one of the players on a planned pair claims he doesn't have a problem with playing a certain type of ball, you don't have an issue. But if you for one second believe that this is not very well planned for and thought out in advance, then you are wrong. The players are being asked and consulted, previous results are analyzed, tests are made, and the course condition, routing and layout is taken into consideration. This should be pretty obvious.

There are plenty of material available on the internet where you can find information on this topic, but please dont be so naive and believe that this is not an important factor. For your own good.

Finally, I have given you a couple of pointers that shows exactly WHY this becomes an issue with many players, I suggest you read that post more in detail - perhaps you will learn something.

What is he doing now?

Déjà vu was the word...

I just reread your post and it deserves an answer.

1. You said...

"So far you haven't managed to post anything correct ONCE. First you claimed that Greg Norman was correct when he said he could actually hit the top quadrant of a golf ball with a wedge. He can't. PERIOD. I have posted imagery that clearly shows this is IMPOSSIBLE. You argued quite a bit about this, pretty stupid I must say, when the only thing you had to do was to admit to be wrong. I guess that's what' defines a "know it all". My definition of your personality disorder is "clown"."

My response is I never claimed anything of the sort. I posted a link to a Greg Norman article wherein he talked about hitting the top quadrant of a ball "when I want to", in his words. He only mentioned the word "wedge" in the article one time and did not describe how or where he struck the ball on that particular shot. You brought up the issue about wedges and the impossibility of hitting the top quadrant of a ball with one. I didn't. In fact, I defy you to find where I ever defended Norman or argued with you over whether a ball was struck in the top quadrant. I merely stated you should take up the matter with Norman if you had a disagreement with his article. You dreamed up the entire discussion and then talked to yourself. Calling me a "clown" over this is hardly justified.

2. You then make this statement...

"The next brilliant performance from yourself and your buddy Wannabe was when you claimed that the status of a player - professional or amateur - is dictated by a PGA membership. That is just so stupid I don't know what is. The status is decided by R&A/USGA and has NOTHING to do with a PGA membership. PGA is an organisation, and there are several others. Some of these allows ANYONE that can pay the starting fee to play in tournaments. I have included links to SEVERAL of these, I have even played in a couple of these events myself. But STILL you are so full of shit you think you're right when you claim that a PGA membership is what dictates a professional status or not. Embarrassing, if you ask me."

I must admit I did argue somewhat with your statement that any amateur could show up at a professional tournament, pay the entry fee and be permitted to play, until you pointed out some obscure series of tournaments that will accept P4P golfers. I then accepted you 'might' be correct in the literal sense and let it go. This is something you might consider doing in the future.

3. Finally we have this little gem from your quoted post...

"And now we're at the point where you claim that the golf ball is not one of the most important factors when pairing the foursomes in Ryder an Presidents Cup. You probably think that the idiot who said that professionals turn up at tournament and test thousands of balls before selecting the ball that suits that weeks conditions was right, huh..?"

What I said in total about choosing golf balls as a factor in partnering Ryder Cup players follows...

"To add to this enlightening discussion, I was a participant at a press conference with Jack Nicklaus and Seve Ballesteros (You might remember them. They were in all the papers.) when the subject of ball choice arose, as it inevitably does, in their choices for playing partners in the Ryder Cup.

Both of them stated it had no bearing on their choice of partners in the Ryder Cup, preferring to use eye color instead as a determining factor."

For someone as self assured as yourself, I would have thought the reference to pairing up golfers by their eye coloring might have been a clue my answer was somewhat tongue-in-cheek. Perhaps you thought my answer on eye coloring was correct since it is the first comment I have made that you haven't disputed. I dunno.

In conclusion I never made the claims you say I did, with the possible exception to not being aware of some obscure golf tournament you claim to have played in. You dreamed up most of the problems and expanded on them without knowledge aforethought. In short, I do believe we can all rest assured you are mostly full of hot air.

Kenny and Chuckd, if every we are in the same place at the same time I'd love to have a bash as you guys obviously just love to play the game for enjoyment, that is the most important thing.

Agreed. Let's keep it to a threesome though.thumbsup.gif

What is he doing now?

Déjà vu was the word...

I just reread your post and it deserves an answer.

1. You said...

"So far you haven't managed to post anything correct ONCE. First you claimed that Greg Norman was correct when he said he could actually hit the top quadrant of a golf ball with a wedge. He can't. PERIOD. I have posted imagery that clearly shows this is IMPOSSIBLE. You argued quite a bit about this, pretty stupid I must say, when the only thing you had to do was to admit to be wrong. I guess that's what' defines a "know it all". My definition of your personality disorder is "clown"."

My response is I never claimed anything of the sort. I posted a link to a Greg Norman article wherein he talked about hitting the top quadrant of a ball "when I want to", in his words. He only mentioned the word "wedge" in the article one time and did not describe how or where he struck the ball on that particular shot. You brought up the issue about wedges and the impossibility of hitting the top quadrant of a ball with one. I didn't. In fact, I defy you to find where I ever defended Norman or argued with you over whether a ball was struck in the top quadrant. I merely stated you should take up the matter with Norman if you had a disagreement with his article. You dreamed up the entire discussion and then talked to yourself. Calling me a "clown" over this is hardly justified.

2. You then make this statement...

"The next brilliant performance from yourself and your buddy Wannabe was when you claimed that the status of a player - professional or amateur - is dictated by a PGA membership. That is just so stupid I don't know what is. The status is decided by R&A/USGA and has NOTHING to do with a PGA membership. PGA is an organisation, and there are several others. Some of these allows ANYONE that can pay the starting fee to play in tournaments. I have included links to SEVERAL of these, I have even played in a couple of these events myself. But STILL you are so full of shit you think you're right when you claim that a PGA membership is what dictates a professional status or not. Embarrassing, if you ask me."

I must admit I did argue somewhat with your statement that any amateur could show up at a professional tournament, pay the entry fee and be permitted to play, until you pointed out some obscure series of tournaments that will accept P4P golfers. I then accepted you 'might' be correct in the literal sense and let it go. This is something you might consider doing in the future.

3. Finally we have this little gem from your quoted post...

"And now we're at the point where you claim that the golf ball is not one of the most important factors when pairing the foursomes in Ryder an Presidents Cup. You probably think that the idiot who said that professionals turn up at tournament and test thousands of balls before selecting the ball that suits that weeks conditions was right, huh..?"

What I said in total about choosing golf balls as a factor in partnering Ryder Cup players follows...

"To add to this enlightening discussion, I was a participant at a press conference with Jack Nicklaus and Seve Ballesteros (You might remember them. They were in all the papers.) when the subject of ball choice arose, as it inevitably does, in their choices for playing partners in the Ryder Cup.

Both of them stated it had no bearing on their choice of partners in the Ryder Cup, preferring to use eye color instead as a determining factor."

For someone as self assured as yourself, I would have thought the reference to pairing up golfers by their eye coloring might have been a clue my answer was somewhat tongue-in-cheek. Perhaps you thought my answer on eye coloring was correct since it is the first comment I have made that you haven't disputed. I dunno.

In conclusion I never made the claims you say I did, with the possible exception to not being aware of some obscure golf tournament you claim to have played in. You dreamed up most of the problems and expanded on them without knowledge aforethought. In short, I do believe we can all rest assured you are mostly full of hot air.

I agree hole heartedly with the full of hot air comment, you have to give forethat is due he is persistent to the point of extremism, this thread will now reach at least 20 pages as the argument to who is right can and never will be resolved, <deleted> I haven't got a clue who is right or who is wrong I am not qualified to have an opinion, it makes good reading though!!

And there he goes again with utter nonsense.

I won't bother quoting as we all know the gist of what you said was that the ball is one of the most decisive issues when decisiding pairings in the Ryder Cup and Pres Cup.

I showed quotes from captains of both teams to show that the issue of the ball when making the decision on parings was a non issue.

Instead of just saying.......Ok, in nearly all cases etc you have etc. But instead you called me a clown etc etc. I have no idea why you directed it at me as I didn't make up the quote. Call Norman and Couples the clowns all you like but in the end THEY chose the pairings and said it was a non issue. What you or anyone else thinks SHOULD be done is completely irrelevent.

Everyone else on here knows it but you and it really isn't worth my time repeating the same thing over and over as you will just refuse to acknowledge the error of your ways and provide yet more quotes that are not relevent.

You even challenged me to a game to either shut up or put up. I should have known you were so short of playing partners that you now have to issue challenges on the internet to get a game.

Edited by Wallaby

I have had many disagreements with Chuckd on this site, we don't see eye to eye on some issues and sometimes I've got frustrated and been over the top. My bad.

He has also pulled me up a couple of times on things I have misinterpreted or not seen the bigger picture. He should do that, my ego isn't that big that I have to be right about every issue.

Then there is Kenny who must really be regretting asking what balls he should use. An honest question and yet he has been treated with disdain for asking and commenting on his own thread.

Both of them may not agree with my political/religious/golfing views but that doesn't matter to me. I get the feeling both would be top guys to have a round and a laugh and a few beers with. They don't have to act impeccably on the course with me either, just know the basic etiquette of the game and enjoy the company for what it is. But I would play with them at the drop of a hat.

Forethat on the other hand would be a nightmare to play with. Everyone would be afraid to say that the grass is green just in case he finds a brown patch and spends the next 4 hours berating you for making such a stupid statement. That is something I would rather avoid like the plague.

Kenny, go to your local club etc and see if you can pick up a couple of used pro v's. Unfortunately I don't get free balls to offer you (then not send). Though if we do get a game together I'll buy you a couple.

I've had enough of this thread now (thanks Kenny) drunk.gif

Keep enjoying the golf and hope to catch up on other threads. Cheers.

I have had many disagreements with Chuckd on this site, we don't see eye to eye on some issues and sometimes I've got frustrated and been over the top. My bad.

He has also pulled me up a couple of times on things I have misinterpreted or not seen the bigger picture. He should do that, my ego isn't that big that I have to be right about every issue.

Then there is Kenny who must really be regretting asking what balls he should use. An honest question and yet he has been treated with disdain for asking and commenting on his own thread.

Both of them may not agree with my political/religious/golfing views but that doesn't matter to me. I get the feeling both would be top guys to have a round and a laugh and a few beers with. They don't have to act impeccably on the course with me either, just know the basic etiquette of the game and enjoy the company for what it is. But I would play with them at the drop of a hat.

Forethat on the other hand would be a nightmare to play with. Everyone would be afraid to say that the grass is green just in case he finds a brown patch and spends the next 4 hours berating you for making such a stupid statement. That is something I would rather avoid like the plague.

Kenny, go to your local club etc and see if you can pick up a couple of used pro v's. Unfortunately I don't get free balls to offer you (then not send). Though if we do get a game together I'll buy you a couple.

I've had enough of this thread now (thanks Kenny) drunk.gif

Keep enjoying the golf and hope to catch up on other threads. Cheers.

My etiquette is impeccable on the course, I now play Titleist NXT tour until I lose them all of course, I am a big boy and no one is capable of putting me down as it just goes over my head, forums are about debate and dare I say it fun, I have only ever posted opinions on here because I am not qualified to do otherwise, I am not a coach as I am not qualified(I do have opinions about it though, I help friends who ask for help as that is what a friend does!!

Hope to have a game with you both one day.

I won't bother quoting as we all know the gist of what you said was that the ball is one of the most decisive issues when decisiding pairings in the Ryder Cup and Pres Cup.

Ehhh...no you are wrong. AGAIN. What I said was "the ball is one of the most important factors when you pair your players in Ryder Cup and Presidents Cup etc." Here's the link:

http://www.thaivisa....ost__p__4942598

You have a REAL problem with reading comprehension, don't you?

You can call it misinterpretation if you want to.

Self awareness is not your best topic is it...?

Check the history of this thread and count how many times you have opposed my initial statements on a topic. You're exactly the person you describe, if you ask me.

jerk.gif

Edited by Forethat

Self awareness is not your best topic is it...?

Check the history of this thread and count how many times you have opposed my initial statements on a topic. You're exactly the person you describe, if you ask me.

jerk.gif

Seriously it is now time to agree to disagree!! when posters start to use abuse(or should I say poster, it is no longer a debate!! I hope by starting this thread I may have met a couple of future great golfing companions even if it is only for the one game.

Edited by kenny999

Seriously it is now time to agree to disagree!! when posters start to use abuse(or should I say poster, it is no longer a debate!! I hope by starting this thread I may have met a couple of future great golfing companions even if it is only for the one game.

If that was your intention I do have to say you have a funny way making acquaintances.

If that was your intention I do have to say you have a funny way making acquaintances.

You are a funny guy forethat(I don't mean funny ha ha, trying to provoke at every opportunity, sorry to disappoint you it will not work with me, people make acquaintances in all sorts of different places are you unaware of this? my friend met his wife via an Internet dating site a lovelier girl you could not hope to find, do you find this a funny way of meeting a girl? so you think I came on here purely to meet other golfers er yes that is what the INTERNET is for or don't you realize this either, but in this case my intention was as per the thread title, you know what that is of course, it's great that 2 possible golf partners have materialized, funny how things you don't expect happen!!

Hope you have now realized it is best to agree to disagree otherwise there will be no end to it..

Edited by kenny999

You are a funny guy forethat(I don't mean funny ha ha, trying to provoke at every opportunity, sorry to disappoint you it will not work with me, people make acquaintances in all sorts of different places are you unaware of this? my friend met his wife via an Internet dating site a lovelier girl you could not hope to find, do you find this a funny way of meeting a girl? so you think I came on here purely to meet other golfers er yes that is what the INTERNET is for or don't you realize this either, but in this case my intention was as per the thread title, you know what that is of course, it's great that 2 possible golf partners have materialized, funny how things you don't expect happen!!

Hope you have now realized it is best to agree to disagree otherwise there will be no end to it..

Please keep to the topic, will you.

Please keep to the topic, will you.

ha ha who started the thread was it you? funny how you do not comment on a post that shows you to be foolish, anyway enough for me have fun chatting to yourself it has been a great 17 pages. clap2.gif

I play in Australia, I have no idea what it takes to be a pro in any other country as I don't live there and don't play there.

In case you still dont get this - it doesn't matter where you are. The rule is enforced globally (assuming you play according to the Rules of Golf).

And how was it with that Greg Norman statement "When I want to, I'm able to make impact with the top-back quadrant of the ball. I actually squeeze the ball down against the turf, applying enormous friction and backspin."..? I say this is utterly <deleted>. It is impossible to hit the top quadrant of a golf ball with a wedge, or at least while performing something that resembles a normal golf swing (as I have provided evidence). It is also IMPOSSIBLE to squeeze the ball against the turf (unless you hit it above the equator, which you cant do with a wedge). Granted this was believed to be the case until some 5 years ago, but luckily high speed photography have now resulted in a rewrite of the ball flight laws. But you STILL believe Greg Norman can do this...??

And if Greg Norman claims he can, he's dead wrong.

Edited by Forethat

ha ha who started the thread was it you? funny how you do not comment on a post that shows you to be foolish, anyway enough for me have fun chatting to yourself it has been a great 17 pages. clap2.gif

Please keep to the topic, will you?

I play in Australia, I have no idea what it takes to be a pro in any other country as I don't live there and don't play there.

In case you still dont get this - it doesn't matter where you are. The rule is enforced globally (assuming you play according to the Rules of Golf).

And how was it with that Greg Norman statement "When I want to, I'm able to make impact with the top-back quadrant of the ball. I actually squeeze the ball down against the turf, applying enormous friction and backspin."..? I say this is utterly <deleted>. It is impossible to hit the top quadrant of a golf ball with a wedge, or at least while performing something that resembles a normal golf swing (as I have provided evidence). It is also IMPOSSIBLE to squeeze the ball against the turf (unless you hit it above the equator, which you cant do with a wedge). Granted this was believed to be the case until some 5 years ago, but luckily high speed photography have now resulted in a rewrite of the ball flight laws. But you STILL believe Greg Norman can do this...??

And if Greg Norman claims he can, he's dead wrong.

Please keep to the topic. Greg Norman swinging a wedge has nothing to do with which golf ball one uses.