What Golf Ball Do You Use?

kenny999

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Kenny this is my 1st ever post on Thaivisa after reading many of the posts. The reason I have registered is to to please ask you to stop posting about your knowledge of golf, especially in Phuket. I am a British PGA member and have lived here for over 12 years and am embarrassed by your reluctance to accept anyone else's view regarding coaching, the cost of golf in Phuket etc, etc. Please accept you are a mediocre player who hits the occasional great shot, whatever that is in your book and have none of the three P's I.e. PGA card, permission or permit to teach at phunaka. Best to sit at home and watch the golf channel. By the way you can find me at Phunaka everyday to show off your skills?

lol Happy new year to you, a great 1st post, you do not need a PGA card or permission or even a permit to help friends who ask you "what am I doing wrong" I find it impossible to say go and see the pro as they are friends asking a question, I am not qualified to teach and have no idea how to teach but I try to help and they seem very happy because it is not costing them 1 bht, it always makes me laugh when a person I do not know says "accept you are a mediocre player" how do you know this? do you know me personally? have you seen me play? do I know you are who you say you are? do I know you personally? have I seen you play? my so called knowledge of golf is opinion, you or anyone else can ignore it feel free to do so!! have a great new year and remember to clean your balls wai.gif four!!! my Nephew is a PGA teaching pro in the UK this I know to be true as I know him please try not to make assumptions unless you know someone personally!! again have a great new year!!

Just noticed you quote I don't agree with anyone regarding coaching feel free to show me where I say this? yet again I will stress I am not a qualified anything, everything I say is my opinion it is not cast in stone it may even be bad information which you do not have to digest, forums are all about opinion as no one knows who is telling the truth about anything!!

Edited by kenny999

Love that post Mpgolf5!! Hope to see many more like that one!

I to hope the pro at Phunaka posts more, I have seen him so I actually know he is who he says he is, we can digest his information but not his assumptions about someone he does not know which coming from a PGA member is very wrong!! happy new year to all golfing nuts.

Sorry just noticed another quote, what about the cost of golf in Phuket? is it not true that a round of golf at the courses on Phuket will cost you over 4000 bht per round? I would not pay this price in the UK so why would I pay it here!!

In my opinion Phunaka is over priced for the type of course it is, it's a 9 hole course with 3 par 4's and the round is over quickly so 1800 bht per 18 holes is crazy, but I have to say I love playing there as it is a good test of your golf but hate losing my Titleist NXT tour's lol

Edited by kenny999

Pros turn up at golf courses and will play several rounds and practice with thousands of balls and choose what's right for that day.

To put it frank, this is just bull shit. You haven't got a freaking clue what you're talking about.

I suppose before every post I should now say "this is my opinion as I am not qualified to teach and watch the golf channel often" I would think a pro would use the same ball for every game and not different balls for different conditions,

Edited by kenny999

Kenny this is my 1st ever post on Thaivisa after reading many of the posts. The reason I have registered is to to please ask you to stop posting about your knowledge of golf, especially in Phuket. I am a British PGA member and have lived here for over 12 years and am embarrassed by your reluctance to accept anyone else's view regarding coaching, the cost of golf in Phuket etc, etc. Please accept you are a mediocre player who hits the occasional great shot, whatever that is in your book and have none of the three P's I.e. PGA card, permission or permit to teach at phunaka. Best to sit at home and watch the golf channel. By the way you can find me at Phunaka everyday to show off your skills?

I keep finding new things to say, you quote occasionally great shots, tell me playing from Phunaka hole 4 blue tee, ball is is level with Red 100 yd marker how far is that drive?

Chris Meadows was my Nephews first coach so I know a little bit about golf!!

Edited by kenny999

I keep finding new things to say, you quote occasionally great shots, tell me playing from Phunaka hole 4 blue tee, ball is is level with Red 100 yd marker how far is that drive?

Chris Meadows was my Nephews first coach so I know a little bit about golf!! out of interest because I am interested how many tour events have you won in the UK and Asia?

Edited by kenny999

I'm just wondering how Forthat's partners feel about playing with a hacker that thinks he knows more than them. Must make an entertaining afternoon for them. But as you say, don't feed the troll. giggle.gif

Hi there long time no hear, happy new year to you and your family, forethat does know more than any body and he is never wrong lol

No. Completely wrong. Pros play the same ball in all conditions. Most of them are contracted to play one ball, the others play the ball that fit their game, not the weather or course. The ball is so important and individual that you dont want to change. In case you're interested, the ball is one of the most important factors when you pair your players in Ryder Cup and Presidents Cup etc.

No it isn't.

Q. Foursomes is difficult in pairing matches. What about the golf ball? Did much consideration come into choosing the players you've chosen with similar golf balls in the foursomes tomorrow?

FRED COUPLES: Great question, maybe on two of our teams. We went with more of a feeling from the guys. We have been here a couple days. The team has been set for eight weeks now. So some of the pairings were Bubba and Webb; I talked to them six weeks ago and they both said they wanted to play together. Sure enough, they are playing together. So the ball, for us, I'm sure Greg, too, is not a main concern. They all fly it so good now. They are a little bit different but for us not a huge concern.

GREG NORMAN: None for us either. We obviously talked about it. I think we spent a little bit too much time on it back in San Francisco worried about marrying up the ball, and at the end of the day, the guys can make the adjustment or adapt to that golf ball very, very quickly. So it was not an issue with any one of our players.

http://www.cybergolf.com/golf_news/captains_discuss_pairings_teams_chances_in_presidents_cup

No. Completely wrong. Pros play the same ball in all conditions. Most of them are contracted to play one ball, the others play the ball that fit their game, not the weather or course. The ball is so important and individual that you dont want to change. In case you're interested, the ball is one of the most important factors when you pair your players in Ryder Cup and Presidents Cup etc.

No it isn't.

Q. Foursomes is difficult in pairing matches. What about the golf ball? Did much consideration come into choosing the players you've chosen with similar golf balls in the foursomes tomorrow?

FRED COUPLES: Great question, maybe on two of our teams. We went with more of a feeling from the guys. We have been here a couple days. The team has been set for eight weeks now. So some of the pairings were Bubba and Webb; I talked to them six weeks ago and they both said they wanted to play together. Sure enough, they are playing together. So the ball, for us, I'm sure Greg, too, is not a main concern. They all fly it so good now. They are a little bit different but for us not a huge concern.

GREG NORMAN: None for us either. We obviously talked about it. I think we spent a little bit too much time on it back in San Francisco worried about marrying up the ball, and at the end of the day, the guys can make the adjustment or adapt to that golf ball very, very quickly. So it was not an issue with any one of our players.

http://www.cybergolf..._presidents_cup

lol you say don't feed the troll yet you have thrown him something he will dispute for maybe another 2 pages, have you noticed how many posts now in this thread, in my opinion the best thread on Thailand golf!!

Yeah my bad. I'll just click on the ignore button on him. I just like to enjoy my golf, except for the 6 hours it took to play a pro am a couple of weeks ago. coffee1.gif

I've never been interested to learn the many technicalities with the game and the swing etc, I'd much rather just let my coach learn it all and I just get the lessons and play. But I had to learn it as part of my 3 years as a trainee, techniques have changed but the old players used the old techniques and did well so one can't say the old way was wrong. Just that now they have a new way of doing the same thing.

Coaching still going well. It's taking me a while to get rid of the bad habits ingraned in the swing after so many years just bashing it around but the coach is happy with progess. Another lesson next Saturday. I'm enjoying the practice fairrway which is unusual for me but all going according to plan so far.

All the best for the new year. drunk.gif

Edited by Wallaby

Yeah my bad. I'll just click on the ignore button on him. I just like to enjoy my golf, except for the 6 hours it took to play a pro am a couple of weeks ago. coffee1.gif

I've never been interested to learn the many technicalities with the game and the swing etc, I'd much rather just let my coach learn it all and I just get the lessons and play. But I had to learn it as part of my 3 years as a trainee, techniques have changed but the old players used the old techniques and did well so one can't say the old way was wrong. Just that now they have a new way of doing the same thing.

Coaching still going well. It's taking me a while to get rid of the bad habits ingraned in the swing after so many years just bashing it around but the coach is happy with progess. Another lesson next Saturday. I'm enjoying the practice fairrway which is unusual for me but all going according to plan so far.

All the best for the new year. drunk.gif

Agree never been one for getting to involved, I don't know what happens in my own swing so how can I teach anyone else, my friends know this but still ask me to help them, but that does not stop someone from having an opinion,it's up to the individual if he takes any notice or not, my pet hate is people who assume you are this or that when they know nothing about you personally, if my friends ask for advice again I will try and help because anyone that could say "I can't help you try the local pro" is not a friend!!

Edited by kenny999

No it isn't.

Yes it is.

Some players have bigger problems than others. If Greg Norman says it's ok with him and his players I'm sure that's fine. Tiger Woods have expressed the same thing in these occasions. As you mention your fellow Australians I can inform you that Goeff Ogilvy was one of the players who couldn't cope with a Nike rather than a Titleist and for this reason the pair decided to play the Titleist. I was at the press conference myself when this matter was debated.

Read more about this here.

http://www.golfdigest.com/golf-tours-news/2011-11/golf-johnson-equipment-1128

Jack Nicklaus was captain of the U.S. team in 2007 and when asked if the type of ball each player used was taken into consideration when making the pairings, Nicklaus answered in the affirmative.

"My little cheat sheet has not only the players and who they wanted to play with, but also their balls and how they would match up ball-wise," said Nicklaus, as he showed a little piece of paper listing all the players and their respective golf balls to a reporter. "We worked very hard to ensure not only the compatibility of the guys, but the compatibility of the golf ball. It is a big deal."

And as usual you'll end up ignoring listening to those who knows. It doesn't matter if it is me or Jack Nicklaus. You're still a loser.

No it isn't.

Yes it is.

Some players have bigger problems than others. If Greg Norman says it's ok with him and his players I'm sure that's fine. Tiger Woods have expressed the same thing in these occasions. As you mention your fellow Australians I can inform you that Goeff Ogilvy was one of the players who couldn't cope with a Nike rather than a Titleist and for this reason the pair decided to play the Titleist. I was at the press conference myself when this matter was debated.

Read more about this here.

http://www.golfdiges...-equipment-1128

Jack Nicklaus was captain of the U.S. team in 2007 and when asked if the type of ball each player used was taken into consideration when making the pairings, Nicklaus answered in the affirmative.

"My little cheat sheet has not only the players and who they wanted to play with, but also their balls and how they would match up ball-wise," said Nicklaus, as he showed a little piece of paper listing all the players and their respective golf balls to a reporter. "We worked very hard to ensure not only the compatibility of the guys, but the compatibility of the golf ball. It is a big deal."

And as usual you'll end up ignoring listening to those who knows. It doesn't matter if it is me or Jack Nicklaus. You're still a loser.

Class forethat you are most definitely the most knowledgeable person on planet earth and how can a person be so right time after time, of course I can not tell who is telling the truth as I am not qualified to comment but I do love it when you post, a great great man indeed!!

Why do you feel it necessary to resort to name calling a bit childish don't you think!!

Edited by kenny999

Class forethat you are most definitely the most knowledgeable person on planet earth and how can a person be so right time after time, of course I can not tell who is telling the truth as I am not qualified to comment but I do love it when you post, a great great man indeed!!

Obviously there is a reason I know more than the average hacker about these things.

BTW, did you like the Golf Digest article? I thought it was class.

Obviously there is a reason I know more than the average hacker about these things.

BTW, did you like the Golf Digest article? I thought it was class.

Sorry you have lost me there apparently I only watch a lot of the golf channel!!

Sorry you have lost me there apparently I only watch a lot of the golf channel!!

Oh...let me pick out the goodies for you and you friend Wannabe.

One of the oddities of team play is foursomes, which often requires players to use a ball different from the one they ordinarily play. Such was the case at this year's Presidents Cup where only five of the 22 foursomes pairings were composed of players using the same ball.

Although International captain Greg Norman said it wasn't an issue ("At the end of the day, the guys can make the adjustment or adapt very quickly," he said), there is strategy involved. The prevailing wisdom is that the teams should tee off with the ball preferred by the player who will hit the approach shot. Performance of most low-spinning, multilayer tour balls is fairly similar off the tee, the thinking goes, but the players would notice a different feel (and perhaps spin) when hitting irons and wedges. Since distance control from the fairway is critical to setting up birdies, you want the player who is going to hit the approach shot to use his preferred ball.

That thought was echoed by Curt Byrum during Golf Channel's coverage of the opening foursomes matches: "It's an issue," commented Byrum. "Mickelson and Furyk played eight holes during a practice round playing alternate shot, trying different strategies to get used to who they wanted to tee off, who they wanted to putt -- and the golf balls definitely play a role."

In fact, they may have played a role in the outcome of the matches. The five foursomes pairings using the same ball won 3.5 points and only lost 1.5 points. For the Americans, they won 2.5 and only lost a half-point. Flip that score the other way and the matches would have ended in a tie. Now that would have been a big deal.

So, there is a lot of mumbo jumbo here in the golf forum. Most of it originates from people who doesn't have a clue what they talk about. In the context of this topic, that would be you, Wannabe and sysardman.

My advice to anyone reading this forum would be to ignore EVERYTHING that you write in this matter.

Edited by Forethat

Oh...let me pick out the goodies for you and you friend Wannabe.

One of the oddities of team play is foursomes, which often requires players to use a ball different from the one they ordinarily play. Such was the case at this year's Presidents Cup where only five of the 22 foursomes pairings were composed of players using the same ball.

Although International captain Greg Norman said it wasn't an issue ("At the end of the day, the guys can make the adjustment or adapt very quickly," he said), there is strategy involved. The prevailing wisdom is that the teams should tee off with the ball preferred by the player who will hit the approach shot. Performance of most low-spinning, multilayer tour balls is fairly similar off the tee, the thinking goes, but the players would notice a different feel (and perhaps spin) when hitting irons and wedges. Since distance control from the fairway is critical to setting up birdies, you want the player who is going to hit the approach shot to use his preferred ball.

That thought was echoed by Curt Byrum during Golf Channel's coverage of the opening foursomes matches: "It's an issue," commented Byrum. "Mickelson and Furyk played eight holes during a practice round playing alternate shot, trying different strategies to get used to who they wanted to tee off, who they wanted to putt -- and the golf balls definitely play a role."

In fact, they may have played a role in the outcome of the matches. The five foursomes pairings using the same ball won 3.5 points and only lost 1.5 points. For the Americans, they won 2.5 and only lost a half-point. Flip that score the other way and the matches would have ended in a tie. Now that would have been a big deal.

So, there is a lot of mumbo jumbo here in the golf forum. Most of it originates from people who doesn't have a clue what they talk about. In the context of this topic, that would be you, Wannabe and sysardman.

My advice to anyone reading this forum would be to ignore EVERYTHING that you write in this matter.

Class, do you know the meaning of the word opinion, it is someones opinion and may not be actual fact, as far as I am aware and I have looked back through my posts I have only ever posted opinion so yes people can ignore my opinion that is what opinion is!!!

No one knows who you are and I think I posted previously that it is quite possible you get all your facts from wickipedia,magazines,golf books etc so in answer to your quote people should not believe anything you write either!! coffee1.gif

I know nothing about balls apart from the 2 I have lol anything I say in this forum is opinion and may not be actual fact, I buy the balls I can afford, this month I could afford to buy Titleist tour NXT when these run out I might only be able to afford Dunlop powers or Top flight etc my golf game will not be greatly affected by a change of ball I will still hit it 330 yds he he clap2.gif

Edited by kenny999

No one knows who you are and I think I posted previously that it is quite possible you get all your facts from wickipedia,magazines,golf books etc so in answer to your quote people should not believe anything you write either!!

Yes, there are people on here who knows exactly who I am. Not that it matters. I have described features and facts of the golf ball that are independent on my profession. What the he** does it matter who I am?

There are a lot of things I dont have a clue about, I would never claim to know anything, or use words like "mumbo jumbo" if someone gave me a piece of useful information. Stunts like that in combination with all the other crap you post on this forum makes you come across as the biggest loser ever.

I have had to put up with some of the wort smelling <deleted> I have ever seen on a forum:

"The ball is pinched between the ground and the club" No, it isn't.

"Greg Norman can hit the ball on the top quadrant" No, he can't (unless he skull it).

"The ball type is not important when pairing players in Ryder Cup" Give me a fuc_king break.

"mumbo jumbo"..?

Take an advice from me, if you dont know what you're talking about - shut your trap.

Edited by Forethat

No one knows who you are and I think I posted previously that it is quite possible you get all your facts from wickipedia,magazines,golf books etc so in answer to your quote people should not believe anything you write either!!

Yes, there are people on here who knows exactly who I am. Not that it matters. I have described features and facts of the golf ball that are independent on my profession. What the he** does it matter who I am?

There are a lot of things I dont have a clue about, I would never claim to know anything, or use words like "mumbo jumbo" if someone gave me a piece of useful information. Stunts like that in combination with all the other crap you post on this forum makes you come across as the biggest loser ever.

I have had to put up with some of the wort smelling <deleted> I have ever seen on a forum:

"The ball is pinched between the ground and the club" No, it isn't.

"Greg Norman can hit the ball on the top quadrant" No, he can't (unless he skull it).

"The ball type is not important when pairing players in Ryder Cup" Give me a fuc_king break.

"mumbo jumbo"..?

Take an advice from me, if you dont know what you're talking about - shut your trap.

Another class post well done, I am sure of one thing and that is you are a Mr know it all who is incapable of discussing anything without resorting to name calling that makes you a very sad person indeed, please pass your time and post all the crap I have posted because I would like to see all the crap I have posted, everything I have posted is opinion which gives individuals the choice to ignore my opinion, opinion is when someone gives there opinion on a subject now this could be right or wrong again you can accept my opinion or ignore my opinion and in my opinion you are a barrack room golfer of the worst possible kind. happy new year matey, keep getting all your facts from books,tv,videos and the computer it certainly must take you ages. a dedicated person there is no doubt lol clap2.gif

Oh I forgot mumbo jumbo is when someone goes into great detail about a subject so as to impress other people when in fact without the aid of books etc etc they know absolutely nothing about the chosen subject, keep taking the pills and have a great new years eve...

Homework for forethat: find all posts that are not opinion that I have posted, don't forget the importance of the word opinion, so to make it clear find all posts I have posted stating fact and not opinion that are crap, that should keep you busy for quite a few hours, enjoy!!

Edited by kenny999

Oh I forgot mumbo jumbo is when someone goes into great detail about a subject so as to impress other people when in fact without the aid of books etc etc they know absolutely nothing about the chosen subject, keep taking the pills and have a great new years eve...

So you don't have a clue about golf and you dont have a clue about english?

Shut your trap when you dont know what you're talking about. Just close it. Thanks.

Shut your trap when you dont know what you're talking about. Just close it. Thanks.

Resorting to abuse yet again sad mate, I know everything I need to know about golf and I certainly won't come on here typing mumbo jumbo to impress people. lol

Definition of mumbo jumbo is an English phrase or expression that denotes a confusing or meaningless subject, your posts are certainly confusing, how is the homework coming along!!!

Shut your trap is best used with the profanity fuc*ing as this makes you look very cool!!

ha ha just noticed we have virtualy the same number of posts, are you stalking me matey? how about wishing everyone a happy new year and show you are in fact an adult!!

Edited by kenny999

Resorting to abuse yet again sad mate, I know everything I need to know about golf and I certainly won't come on here typing mumbo jumbo to impress people. lol

Definition of mumbo jumbo is an English phrase or expression that denotes a confusing or meaningless subject, your posts are certainly confusing, how is the homework coming along!!!

So we are finally in agreement: that you were completely wrong the first time when you claimed that "mumbo jumbo is when someone goes into great detail about a subject so as to impress other people when in fact without the aid of books etc etc they know absolutely nothing about the chosen subject"?

So we are finally in agreement: that you were completely wrong the first time when you claimed that "mumbo jumbo is when someone goes into great detail about a subject so as to impress other people when in fact without the aid of books etc etc they know absolutely nothing about the chosen subject"?

Absolutely not my friend, mumbo jumbo has a personal meaning to different people, obviously the correct meaning is as stated, I bet you are getting off on all this traffic it fills your day lol no more I am off swimming with the gf and daughter, best of luck with the homework!!

Isn't it amazing. I post a FACT that the type of balls used in foursomes are not a consideration. That is from the captains of both Fred Couples for the US team and Greg Norman for the International team.

Oh sorry, Couples and Norman have lied, you said so.

If you can post a comment made from either captians stating it is the most important then people may listen to you but until then your statement is only your opinion and when it comes up in contradiction to what has been said then I'm afraid your opinion is worth jack shit.

My coach regularly uses the term to 'pinch the ball' and 'hit down on it' all the time. But then again he is only a coach of world class players and people should only consider your opinion.

I'm sorry if your ego doesn't allow you to be wrong but everyone else will just happily agree with FACT ahead of opinion. Perhaps you should phone Couples and Norman and tell them they are wrong and have lied because you know for a fact they are wrong.

For a hacker you certainly have a high opinion of yourself and being shown to be wrong it has hurt your inflated ego. Instead of telling people to shut up why don't you just leave this thread. We are all entitled to our opinion based on fact and are going along quite nicely without you. If you don't like it, YOU leave....and we'll all be happy.

Kenny you were right, I post a fact and he waffles on about how they are wrong and he is right. Not quite 2 pages of it but he's getting there. Regardless of the waffling mumbo jumbo crap he talks it all comes down to those with the knowledge and actually being the captains of the teams saying he is wrong. We know that, the captains know that, so what he says doesn't really matter as he is just a hacker with an opinion.

I can only comment on what I have observed over the last 15 pages, Forethat seems to have incredible knowledge about the technical side of golf and it seems first hand knowledge of what certain famous players/captains say, every now and then he will use abuse and constantly wait for opportunities to say "yes you admit you are wrong then" this is usually followed by abuse, strange behavior indeed, I believe he is a man who craves attention, using the INTERNET/books,videos,golf magazines etc etc to post this vast amount of information is nothing short of sad, do you remember the promise of 3 pro V1 golf balls he made to me, still not arrived of course, this was done to make other forum users believe he is a top guy, we now wait for his response to your post which will surely come and again I am sure there will be the comment "you admit you are wrong then"

We have now been joined by the pro from Phunaka he of course has disappeared after his first ever stupid post, he tells me I need a permit/permission to teach at Phunaka(please show Mr pro where I have ever said I am a teacher!! if a friend should ask me to help him why would I say no, he is a friend and friends try to help each other, since when have you needed a permit and permission to help friends when they ask? he says he is embarrassed by me because I dispute coaching methods, have I please show me where!! he goes on to say I am a mediocre player who hits the occasional great shot and should sit at home and watch the golf channel(am I, do I, how does he know this is he a physic, he can not back up any of his stupid comments because they are in his imagination, comments like this from a pro employed at my local club are nothing short of embarrassing.

You will notice in my past post I have asked forethat to provide evidence of the so called crap I have previously posted, I made it clear to him it must be crap and not opinion which is all I have ever posted, no evidence posted as yet.

Anyway life goes on and it's a new year after midnight, maybe people will change into honest,decent non- bull-shi*ters. happy new year to all..

Edited by kenny999

Isn't it amazing. I post a FACT that the type of balls used in foursomes are not a consideration. That is from the captains of both Fred Couples for the US team and Greg Norman for the International team.

If you can post a comment made from either captians stating it is the most important then people may listen to you but until then your statement is only your opinion and when it comes up in contradiction to what has been said then I'm afraid your opinion is worth jack shit.

My coach regularly uses the term to 'pinch the ball' and 'hit down on it' all the time. But then again he is only a coach of world class players and people should only consider your opinion.

I'm sorry if your ego doesn't allow you to be wrong but everyone else will just happily agree with FACT ahead of opinion. Perhaps you should phone Couples and Norman and tell them they are wrong and have lied because you know for a fact they are wrong.

For a hacker you certainly have a high opinion of yourself and being shown to be wrong it has hurt your inflated ego. Instead of telling people to shut up why don't you just leave this thread. We are all entitled to our opinion based on fact and are going along quite nicely without you. If you don't like it, YOU leave....and we'll all be happy.

Kenny you were right, I post a fact and he waffles on about how they are wrong and he is right. Not quite 2 pages of it but he's getting there. Regardless of the waffling mumbo jumbo crap he talks it all comes down to those with the knowledge and actually being the captains of the teams saying he is wrong. We know that, the captains know that, so what he says doesn't really matter as he is just a hacker with an opinion.

If you don't WANT to understand why the ball type is a problem I guess I can't help you at all. If you still want to believe that Greg Norman can hit the ball on the top quadrant (and, by all means, do try out a lollipop stuck up your arse if Greg Norman tells you it improves your game), please go ahead, I'm not going to stop you.

If you don't WANT to understand why the ball type is a problem I guess I can't help you at all. If you still want to believe that Greg Norman can hit the ball on the top quadrant (and, by all means, do try out a lollipop stuck up your arse if Greg Norman tells you it improves your game), please go ahead, I'm not going to stop you.

Mate please try to post constructive comments and not resort to this childish use of profanities it really is very childish..

Frustration can be a terrible emotion, it eats away at you and makes you abusive, try to let it go over your head, no one believes any thing you say because you always use the threat of reporting people to the moderator should the question be asked "who are you" "what is your handicap" the golf handicap is not something you have to sign the official secrets act for!!

Edited by kenny999

No, you posted an opinion. Greg Normans and Fred Couples opinions. Second hand opinion. In case you wonder, I heard it from Greg first hand. I was there. Get it? I have posted a whole range of articles where interviews with players and captains describe how important this is. I take it you didn't read any of them? You should, especially the Golf Digest one, that one is class!

Try read my post again before making false/incorrect accusations.

What I DID was that I actually EMPHASIZED on the fact that Greg Norman had that opinion and that if that's his opinion I accept that. I also pointed out that Tiger Woods is of the same opinion.

"If Greg Norman says it's ok with him and his players I'm sure that's fine. Tiger Woods have expressed the same thing in these occasions. As you mention your fellow Australians I can inform you that Goeff Ogilvy was one of the players who couldn't cope with a Nike rather than a Titleist and for this reason the pair decided to play the Titleist. I was at the press conference myself when this matter was debated."

From a more analytical perspective, try figure out the chances of either captains attending a press conference the evening before the Cup begins and admit there is a problem..? Greg Norman says "No problem", but one of his players describes he DOES have a problem. Amazing. One more thing, there have been a couple of Cups where the players accidentally play the same ball, then this problem of course doesn't exist.

If you can post a comment made from either captains stating it is the most important then people may listen to you but until then your statement is only your opinion and when it comes up in contradiction to what has been said then I'm afraid your opinion is worth jack shit.

First of all, I have never said it's the most important thing. what I said was that it is ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT THINGS. Judging by the number of discussions and questions on press conferences AND statements from players themselves I'd say this seems to be rather important, and it is. I have posted references to articles where quotes from world class players and even legends touching on this topic confirms this as a very important factor. You probably don't understand the format of play or the simple mechanics behind WHY it is important. VERY important if you ask me. I cant believe you dont understand this, and you claim you are a Pro..?? Or you DO, but decide to act like a schmuck. Tragic.

You really dont know anything about this, do you?