Mitsubishi Ex Vs Chevy Cruze

and isnt lanoline grey/beige in color, so how can a clear liquid contain it?

OK, had to dig backwards a bit to see it.. Given the quality on English on the label, I wouldn't expect too much..

The only leather care product I'll use is Meguiars Gold Class, and it looks/feels/smells like a hand lotion - that referenced stuff looks like the silicon dressing used on my tires.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The seats in my old Impala convertable looked better.Only 40 years back , i still miss those old barges.

Actually, it's really funny, but seeing those vinyl-look black seats together with this Chevy thread reminded me of my incredible 66 Chevelle SS396. That was one fast car, and had I kept it would be worth a lot today...course I can say that about a lot of cars I've owned...

• 2 weeks later...

I have been car shopping today, as I need a car within 10 days.

Mitsu EX 1,8 at 879k baht in red metallic looks stunning for an inexpensive tin can. Car manufactored September. Any updates or changes since then I should know about?

Free Insurance/reg, film, reverse sensors, wind wisors and some peanuts.

Signed docs at tanachart today for 15% down and 48 terms, but havent decided on car but will have to tomorow morning.

Cruze dropped due to 998k price

Altis 1,6 at 839 dropped due to 4 speed auto. Focus same.

City would have been first choice at 599k baht, but no chance in Phuket to get one

Fiesta S hatch close runner up, but rearseat is really small

any ideas?

The seats in my old Impala convertable looked better.Only 40 years back , i still miss those old barges.

Actually, it's really funny, but seeing those vinyl-look black seats together with this Chevy thread reminded me of my incredible 66 Chevelle SS396. That was one fast car, and had I kept it would be worth a lot today...course I can say that about a lot of cars I've owned...

My chum had a 69 Camaro SS396 convertible way back. Banned from driving and sold it for 1200 pounds. :bah:

My chum had a 69 Camaro SS396 convertible way back. Banned from driving and sold it for 1200 pounds. :bah:

spotted a red T/A in Phuket saturday, guessing 1978, didnt look like the 6,6

spotted a red T/A in Phuket saturday, guessing 1978, didnt look like the 6,6

78, think 79 meant no more Pontiac big motors :bah:. Old's, Chevy and the dismal 301 Pontiac Turbo implants, though Old's was 6.6, 401 ci. :o:) Like to have seen it though.

I have been car shopping today, as I need a car within 10 days.

Mitsu EX 1,8 at 879k baht in red metallic looks stunning for an inexpensive tin can. Car manufactored September. Any updates or changes since then I should know about?

Free Insurance/reg, film, reverse sensors, wind wisors and some peanuts.

Signed docs at tanachart today for 15% down and 48 terms, but havent decided on car but will have to tomorow morning.

Cruze dropped due to 998k price

Altis 1,6 at 839 dropped due to 4 speed auto. Focus same.

City would have been first choice at 599k baht, but no chance in Phuket to get one

Fiesta S hatch close runner up, but rearseat is really small

any ideas?

Looks cool in Red,i love Mitsu, ive even got their Air Cons.Get It.

Last change to the Lancer EX lineup was in July, when the 2.0L got an EVO-X looking front bumper.

Thanks, your info is worth gold.:jap:

Hard desicion this morning, should I wait 40 days for Ranger 2,2auto 4 door XLT or should I move up to a PJS GT (they had one white laste evening).

My GF just have to grow up for the 2 last ones I guess

By the way, Wifes mate had the White with Cold Tea Tints, ive used it a bit,love it , but for a retirement yawn,ill still go City, but those little buggers can shift with 120 little Japs pumping away.

City at 599k baht with 15inch Mugen sitting in my garage would be my first choise for my GF, but no chance to find one in Phuket until January. We would be short of one car from October 24th, and I hate rental hazzle/money

By the way, Wifes mate had the White with Cold Tea Tints, ive used it a bit,love it , but for a retirement yawn,ill still go City, but those little buggers can shift with 120 little Japs pumping away.

City at 599k baht with 15inch Mugen sitting in my garage would be my first choise for my GF, but no chance to find one in Phuket until January. We would be short of one car from October 24th, and I hate rental hazzle/money

Buy one in Bkk and have it driven or towed down..

I am going to BKK next week anyway, but last time we searched BKK for Citys on the phone, none sourced

I am going to BKK next week anyway, but last time we searched BKK for Citys on the phone, none sourced

Just ordered a top model City from dealer in BKK and waiting time is a good two months. For the 599 model it might be quicker but i guess that depends on how picky you are about colour.

Hello all,

as the OP I feel that I should put this thread to rest... although it is entitled Mitsu/Cruze my 2 satang, readers might have been aware that I was potentially going for a Mazda 2 MT after both the aforementioned models were a bit too pricey.

Well, today I finally plumped for a car. Drum roll please..... Fiesta 1.6S 4dr @ 699k

Reasons?

- They agreed to take my Focus back at 460k THB (I used this as down payment and took 239k over 60 months at 2.65% = 4.5k per month)

- I know the dealership people and have had nothing but nice things to say about them, plus the sales lady was polite and not overly salesy

- The 4 dr Fiesta is a great little car.

- They had silver in stock and can pick it up tomorrow.

The truth is that I would have preferred a City, but the 3 month wait plus not being able to sell my current car were massive factors. My Focus is a bit of a lemon and I am happy to get rid. As for the Fiesta, I prefer the look of the 5 door, but the boot space is severely limited and we carry a fair bit with pushchair, golf clubs etc and you get auto a/c and leather as standard with the 4dr (heaven knows why).

As for the deal, we get:

Free insurance, 1st class

Free ownership book transfer

Free tax

Free film 80% sides and rear, 40% front.

Free floor mats

500 bhat petrol (that was the real deal breaker :-)

At 4.5k per month, my meager monthly earnings shouldn't come under too much pressure and I get a fun car to drive with nice touches such a blue tooth and voice activated stuff...! It felt a more 'significant car' than the Mazda 2 (whose interior I was never a fan of) and has very good specifications for a car of that price/category. Of course, no 100k cash back from Yingluck, but maybe I'm doing Thailand a favour by not taking that!

Thanks for all the helpful posts and friendly banter.

Safe driving,

James

The truth is that I would have preferred a City, but the 3 month wait plus not being able to sell my current car were massive factors.

Well, no need for any buyer's remorse - the City is a great car for the Baht in the lower grades, but it's no match for the 1.6L Fiesta..

As for conceding to the 4-door over the hatch, take solace in the fact that your version is quieter, has a more compliant ride, is much more passenger friendly, can carry more, and is just plain better value for money :D

Cheers guys... TV can be like therapy! You're right, I was having 'buyer's remorse' and for no good reason - cheers. :jap:

I pick her up tomorrow and hope that all goes well, thanks again.

Jim

Don't forget to start another thread for comments if your serious about putting this one to bed :thumbsup: .

Edited by kartman