Would You Cross A Busy Thai Street To Save X Baht?

Jingthing

Pick your level that you WOULD cross to save  

54 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I ticked 5B but I suppose in some cases I would cross to save 1B, or more likely plan my trip and my shopping so as to be at the right place at the right time anyway, and save the 1B in the process.

I regularly use a different shop (which is actually a good 5 minutes walk further away than the 7/11 which is outside my place) to buy my week's beer at 3B less per can, but I do buy 7 cans at a time, and I also get some points on the purchase which convert to another saving. So maybe 30B saving in total.

Whatever I save I give away, so it doesn't realy matter to me. However, I'll still shop where I get the better price. I just don't sweat it if I'm in a hurry or I'm out with friends. I'll pick up a Satang if I see it laying in the street. I don't like to see waste of any kind and it's no effort to bend over to pick something up. I throw all the Satangs I get in change in a jar and leave it for the room maid later. And, crossing busy streets have never bothered me. I just play matador with the vehicles. I could never understand the complaints about crossing beach road in Pattaya. I've never had a problem at any time of day or night.

Depends entirely on the value of the item, but generally less than 50 baht difference and I couldnt care less.

BUT if it was 25 baht one side and 50 the other then I would cross on principle of not wanting to be ripped off.

Edited by CharlieH

I thought I was such a 'cheap charlie' when I said 5 THB .... but looking at the poll results I'm in with the majority.

We don't even qualify as felang kee-nok, we're feland yeow-nok!

Yeah, I know. I also thought the 5 baht level was going to be in the extreme.

I voted for 200 baht, but it was a close one....I almost went for 500. If there had been something in between, I probably would have gone with that.

Edit: I'm talking about a 1-time deal. If it was something I bought everyday, then it would be lower....but definitely not 1 or 5 baht that would make me cross the street. :rolleyes:

Edited by tonititan