Australian Reports Assault By Frenchman At Pattaya Bar

webfact

Australian reports assault by Frenchman at Pattaya bar

An Australian tourist who was angry about the noise coming from a bar was allegedly beaten-up by a French patron of the bar. Mr. Garrick Adrian Dixon aged 40 reported the alleged assault at Pattaya Police Station just after 3.30am on Wednesday. The alleged attacker, Mr. Lossne Sfimui aged 32, a French National, was also there to give his side of the story. Mr. Dixon claimed he was living nearby and was unable to sleep due to the noise coming from the After Beach Bar in Soi Cosy Beach Hotel in Jomtien.

Full story and pictures HERE

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2011-09-21

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Now the farangs start beating each other. Where is Thailand going? :P

Farangs are the best people to fight with

you can let off a little steam and its pretty unlikely you will be shot/stabbed/kicked/beaten to death by any group of farangs who just happen to be hanging around the immediate area

you won't be deported either

whereas fighting with Thais..........

Now the farangs start beating each other. Where is Thailand going? :P

Farangs are the best people to fight with

you can let off a little steam and its pretty unlikely you will be shot/stabbed/kicked/beaten to death by any group of farangs who just happen to be hanging around the immediate area

you won't be deported either

whereas fighting with Thais..........

This is actually true. I am ashamed to admit that there was a period in my life over 20 years ago) where - after a major personal tragedy -- I went off the rails a bit and decided it was fun to get into fights. I was living in Pattaya and hung with a few other Farang residents who were, like me, well behaved and reasonable people except they enjoyed a punchup with people that got aggressive,extremely rude or physically abusive with females. It's stupid but we would quietly mind our own business but unspoken was the understanding that we were watching and waiting for someone to earn a smack in the face and in Pattaya that someone would come along at least once a week...

Anyway, as much as we were always ready and would sort of take turns as to who'd go for it on any given night (never ganged up on anyone, always one against one or two against two etc) we had a strict policy of never fighting with Thais. This despite the fact that we had a close connection with some useful guys in uniform and had very good relations with the Thais in the area (bar owners and their employees) and were seen as good guys by them because we'd come to the aid of Thais.

You fight a Thai and even if you don't get attacked by a mob, if you win (or possibly even if you don't) there's avery high chance that later that night or on another day it will taken up another level. Someone will come back with more people and/or a weapon.

This is actually true. I am ashamed to admit that there was a period in my life over 20 years ago) where - after a major personal tragedy -- I went off the rails a bit and decided it was fun to get into fights. I was living in Pattaya and hung with a few other Farang residents who were, like me, well behaved and reasonable people except they enjoyed a punchup with people that got aggressive,extremely rude or physically abusive with females. It's stupid but we would quietly mind our own business but unspoken was the understanding that we were watching and waiting for someone to earn a smack in the face and in Pattaya that someone would come along at least once a week...

Anyway, as much as we were always ready and would sort of take turns as to who'd go for it on any given night (never ganged up on anyone, always one against one or two against two etc) we had a strict policy of never fighting with Thais. This despite the fact that we had a close connection with some useful guys in uniform and had very good relations with the Thais in the area (bar owners and their employees) and were seen as good guys by them because we'd come to the aid of Thais.

You fight a Thai and even if you don't get attacked by a mob, if you win (or possibly even if you don't) there's avery high chance that later that night or on another day it will taken up another level. Someone will come back with more people and/or a weapon.

You arent ashamed at all youve made plenty of excuses in that mainly blaming others, for being a coward who isnt prepared to fight the locals for the same reasons he'd fight westerners.

Ive never seen a foreigner hit a Thai girl in a bar (seen Thais do it) and rarely see people being overly abusive, yet you saw it once a week whilst minding your own business.

You arent ashamed at all youve made plenty of excuses in that mainly blaming others, for being a coward who isnt prepared to fight the locals for the same reasons he'd fight westerners.

Ive never seen a foreigner hit a Thai girl in a bar (seen Thais do it) and rarely see people being overly abusive, yet you saw it once a week whilst minding your own business.

I'm not ashamed? Oh, OK thanks for straightening me out on that. it's nice that there's some stranger on the internet (aka astonishingly presumptuous___ ) who can tell me how I feel.

Whom did I blame for what? What excuses did I make and for what?

You've never seen something so that means no one else has? Remarkable. (I'll grant you that once a week maybe an overestimation -- but perhaps on average.) Yes, I was minding my own business -- though I suppose if I had continued to mind my own business even after I saw someone being way out of line I would have continued to do so. But I generally spoke up -- and that was often all it took (I never threw a punch until one was thrown or about to be). Maybe Pattaya's changed somehow and now only Thais ever act in the ways described but in my day while the majority were OK, there was a steady flow of a complete reprobate cretin Farangss who thought they could do whatever they wanted because they were in Pattaya and/or treat women there anyway they liked because the women were Thai and worked in Pattaya.

So I was a coward because I recognized the danger and futility of getting into a fight with Thais? Fair enough. I wasn't always that smart -- or cowardly, if you prefer -- but that was indeed the general ruile I and plenty others that I know follow(ed) after having learned the hard way.

What's it to you?

EDIT to remove rude word

Edited by SteeleJoe

SteelJoe

I believe i said it all in the comment about the kind of people who are never looking for a fight but always get into fights,thus they blame the other person for their constant indiscretion!

Anyway enjoy the sun life really is too short to be having online tiffs!

PS The comment about young Brits using more extreme methods of street violence is that theyre best not crossed if youre looking for a Queensbury rules esq brawl!

• 2 weeks later...