What Is The Price Of 10 Baht Of Gold In Todays Market

my wife got around 18 baht of thai gold stolen here in uk around 6 months ago, insurance company made her a paltry offer of £8,300. which i think is well below what she could have made if she cashed it all in. can anyone tell me what 10 baht of thai gold is in todays market ?

thankyou

Thai Gold is now selling at around Baht 26,000.- per Baht weight - 6 months ago it was significantly lower.

At todays price 18 Baht (not sure here - you say at one point 10 Baht of Gold, later 18 Baht of Gold) but 18 Baht of Thai Gold at Baht 26,000.- comes to Baht 468,000.- : That's around UKP 10,000.- BUT as I said earlier the price has soared in the last few months.

http://www.goldtraders.or.th/

Depending on the actual weight of Gold - and the actual time it was stolen (which is, I believe, the point in time at which the Insurance Company would value it) - I leave it up to you to work it out!

Patrick

Somewhere between 26 and 27,000 baht per baht, so 260,000 to 270,000 baht for 10 baht.

Dont know what the price was 6 months ago, exchange rates may also play a part, the offer seems about right.

no it's nowhere near that high. Look at this website to give you current market price

at 17:23:00 today it was shown as being between 25300 25400 depending if you are buying or selling

but you would also still need to allow for the traders " commission " so if you were buying

you would need to add a little bit more and if you were selling you would need to deduct something

for this allowance.

http://www.goldtraders.or.th/

HI GUYS , im sorry i was a little rah in posting earlier, i haver been onto jewellery suppliers and the loss adjusters and they come up with the paltry sum of £8300,00 offer. my wife and i were not a bit happy about this, we had stolen exactly 153.58 grammes of thai gold. this was stolen about 6 months ago and the offer was made to us about 4 weeks ago.

what i want to know is this . 153.58 = how much in uk pounds ? or even at todays prices in thai baht then i can convert myself. many thanks for your help guys .

considering my wife wouldnt have sold this gold anyway we want the full price of 153.58 of the value in pounds of what it was standing at around 3 months ago.

THANKYOU

HI GUYS , im sorry i was a little rah in posting earlier, i haver been onto jewellery suppliers and the loss adjusters and they come up with the paltry sum of £8300,00 offer. my wife and i were not a bit happy about this, we had stolen exactly 153.58 grammes of thai gold. this was stolen about 6 months ago and the offer was made to us about 4 weeks ago.

what i want to know is this . 153.58 = how much in uk pounds ? or even at todays prices in thai baht then i can convert myself. many thanks for your help guys .

considering my wife wouldnt have sold this gold anyway we want the full price of 153.58 of the value in pounds of what it was standing at around 3 months ago.

THANKYOU

If you look at this graph you will see three months ago it was only about 21,750 - 22,000 per baht

http://www.goldpricethai.com/charts

if you say you had 18 baht and you apply 22,000 you get

396,000.00 THB and if you and if you enter this amount in

the XE website ( http://www.xe.com/ucc/convert/?Amount=396000&From=THB&To=GBP ) you get = 8,307.74 GBP

Edited by midas

1 thai baht of gold is 15.16 gram, so your 153 gram is almost exactly 10 baht of gold. 3 months ago the price was about 24.000 for a baht of gold, so your loss would have been around 240.000 baht=5000 pound, so I think your wife should be very happy with 8300 pound !:D

1 thai baht of gold is 15.16 gram, so your 153 gram is almost exactly 10 baht of gold. 3 months ago the price was about 24.000 for a baht of gold, so your loss would have been around 240.000 baht=5000 pound, so I think your wife should be very happy with 8300 pound !:D

Whether it was 18 or 10 baths of gold they had, seems that the 8,300 pounds offer was actually a good deal.

I don't know how much OP was expecting, but 150g of gold isn't *that* much.

Now about the whole gold buying thing, I still don't understand why people go for the physical purchase rather than stocks indexed on the price of gold. You can't get those stolen...

Of course if it's for wearing it, it's different. But as an investment, I think there's way too much risk to see your life savings get in a burglar's pocket.

Whether it was 18 or 10 baths of gold they had, seems that the 8,300 pounds offer was actually a good deal.

I don't know how much OP was expecting, but 150g of gold isn't *that* much.

Now about the whole gold buying thing, I still don't understand why people go for the physical purchase rather than stocks indexed on the price of gold. You can't get those stolen...

Of course if it's for wearing it, it's different. But as an investment, I think there's way too much risk to see your life savings get in a burglar's pocket.

bearing in mind that the motivation for many people getting involved in this commodity at the moment

is as a precaution of things falling apart so equally why would you risk your life savings to pieces of paper

or figures on a computer monitor?

There is no reason to have your physical stolen if you rent a safety deposit box at one of the banks.

Edited by midas

Take the insurance money of your are smart i am into gold a long time and it's a fantastic offer you shouldn't refuse.

Why make a problem about a little lose or gain. That's all in the traders' game. Frankly to me you sound more like a thai person speaking...

Cheers Kahlua

If you told the insurance company you lost 18 bath gold but it is only 153 grams then you made a false claim and got too much with 8300 pound

no one made a false claim !!! read the questions and replies proper and dont be a fool with your replies rolleyes.gif

Lucky you to have an offer from your insurance company for GBP 8,000. Take it do not leave it there is not much you can bargain for.....Gold prices have picked and Insurance first offer are usually the one to take otherwise lengthy negotiations, costs and much lower second offer.

Lucky you are insured for this gold loss.

Cheers.

If you told the insurance company you lost 18 bath gold but it is only 153 grams then you made a false claim and got too much with 8300 pound

no one made a false claim !!! read the questions and replies proper and dont be a fool with your replies rolleyes.gif

i don't see any false claim but i see rubbish when reading "18 Baht weight = 153 grams stolen for which an insurance offered GBP 8,300".

:whistling:

How much did you loose:

18 bath = 8300 pound or 10 bath = 153 gram = 5000 pound

Edited by FritsSikkink

How much did you loose:

18 bath = 8300 pound or 10 bath = 153 gram = 5000 pound

@ OP could you please answer this question of a fool