American-led Peace Movements

Membrane

Boon Me ~

Clinton the worst president in living history? Maybe your living history. Nixon was the worst president in my living history, regardless of some very worthwhile accomplishments on his part. Not that I would have ever admitted that he did anything worthwhile back then. But time has shown he did some things right. However he did some things very very wrong too.

And Jimmy Carter. Gee whiz, talk about a peanut farmer in the white house. Yeah, he's an engaging elder statesman now. Always a motivated kinda guy, and pretty straight laced, so not much mud to throw except his off the cuff comment about "committing adultery in his heart" meaning he'd fantasized about going to bed with women besides his wife. But he was sooo <deleted> inept while in office.

Clinton sucked. He didn't have any character. I personally thought the whole Monica thing was such a boondoggle. Only dyed in the wool Repub's gave a fart about where he stored his cigars and what he spilled on his interns dress, us old used to be tie-dyed types could have cared less. But his lack of character never shown so brightly as he assured us he "never ever had sex", right up there with the "never inhaled", and that whole "I wanna be a weekend soldier ... oops, I meant, I wanna go to school in England" thing.

Like I said before, I support the current government, but hey, I can't watch Bush on TV. He seems like a bad Saturday Night Live skit. I start to watch him and pretty quick I'm feeling so embarrassed for the guy, I just have to change channels.

I used to detest Republicans mostly, these days, I pretty much don't care for any of them. But that has zero to do with keeping the country safe. And I kinda liked the idea one Finnish politician floated recently that maybe Europe can look after its own security these days. Send the Americans home. We can come back occasionally as tourists, but the age of American armies sitting on foreign soil perpetually may be coming to an end. And I think that is an idea that is worth considering.

Jeepz

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeepz, spot on.

Carter was the worst in my book. They were bad times, but they were his. Not sure he could have done anything more to apease the world, and tear down America.

Funny how the world judges our presidents as good, by how much they support a better/stronger America. If you look at Bush, he has done almost more than Clinton to destroy the Republican agenda, but the world hates him because he loves America. Seems ironic how the dems hate him, but he has taken away almost every one of their bully pulpits, not by blocking them, but instituting new programs that support their agenda. Even Zel Miller saw past the hate, and gave him a vote in the Democratic primary.

Oh well, I'll vote for whatever moron the Libertarians put up.

Your right, they're all crooks, but that is why I support a smaller, rather than larger government.

PS- get our troops out of Europe, with glee.

Jeepz,

I agree Nixon was pretty bad but he did open China. It's unfortunate he was so small-minded and paranoid he saw enemies all around him.

Actually, Jimmy (watch out for that killer-rabbit) really sucked bad. The Thais used to make fun of him something awful. What with Skylab a big joke and the Iran hostage fiasco while he was in office it was downright embarrassing.

Democrats (modern) always seem to be weak on self defense. Reagan brought down the Berlin Wall and got double-diget inflation under control but Clinton was always too concerned about the polls - how does it play in Peoria.

It's really strange that Clinton could bomb the f__k out of Yugoslavia w/out the UN approval but Bush tries to suppress terrorism and get a ration of s__t. Yugoslavia posed absolutely no threat to the United States - not imminent, not latent, not now, not then, not never. (Unless you count all the US highway deaths caused by Yugos).

The president of Yugoslavia, Slobodan Milosevic, never tried to assassinate a U.S. president. He didn't shelter and fund Muslim terrorists even though the people we were fighting for did.

I don't detest Republicans or Democrats just soft-headed pandering Liberals who hope all those evil-doers would just "go away". :o

Boon Mee

Ukraine gave us the much needed support durring the Afghanistan war. It is for this reason that he has gained such pre-eminence. He was given money for this support, and his continued support ie- still letting us place troops in the regio

Without a doubt he is a meglomaniac, but I see no substantiation for what you profess.

Islam Karimov is the leader of Uzbekistan not Ukraine.

As an example of what a great country the United States is check out the below. We have the ability to criticize ourselves w/out shame! :o

Subject: Is This a Great Country or What

Leave it to our old friend Jesse "the genius" Jackson to do the right

thang ! ! !

Jesse Jackson has added former Chicago democratic congressman Mel Reynolds

to the Rainbow/PUSH Coalition's payroll. Reynolds, if you remember, was

among the 176 criminals excused in President Clinton's last-minute

forgiveness spree. Reynolds received a commutation of his

six-and-a-half-year federal sentence for 15 convictions of wire fraud, bank

fraud and lies to the Federal Election Commission.

He is more notorious, however, for concurrently serving five years for

sleeping with an underage campaign volunteer. This is a first in American

politics: An ex-congressman who had sex with a subordinate...won clemency

from a president who had sex with a subordinate...then was hired by a

clergyman who had sex with a subordinate.

And what is his new job?

Youth counselor.

IS THIS A GREAT COUNTRY OR WHAT?

So what, they shagged or got blow jobs from a few interns. Serious crimes, when put against the murderous exploits of the present illegetimate "Prez", eh? History will judge him in a different light altogether, even if he doesn't end up in an International Court or War Crimes Tribunal, as he so certainly should. He certainly won't ever be able to take a holiday abroad, once he gets removed from the White House. Not that he ever did before stealing the post.

So what, they shagged or got blow jobs from a few interns. Serious crimes, when put against the murderous exploits of the present illegetimate "Prez", eh? History will judge him in a different light altogether, even if he doesn't end up in an International Court or War Crimes Tribunal, as he so certainly should. He certainly won't ever be able to take a holiday abroad, once he gets removed from the White House. Not that he ever did before stealing the post.

He will meet his fate in his own country.

I am all for shagging and getting blow jobs, especially from young, nubile interns, but Clinton gave it to a bunch of old slappers and young bow wows; In that regard, he is an embarasment to the nation!

Now Kennedy, he did it right.

Bush will go down in history as the first American President to stop simply ignoring Terrorism, and hope it would go away. He will go down in history as an unlikely hero. :o

If he wasn't "ignoring terrorism", why did he fail to tighten up security at domestic airports, despite the first WTC attack by Islam extremists, numerous other attacks on US interests abroad incl. the daring attack on the USS Cole and repeated warnings that Al Quaeda was likely to strike on US soil? You guys really will see just what you like and fantasise ad infinitum that "we're not that bad really, are we?" :o

plachon, you are rather a dim bulb. He isn't ignoring Terrorism NOW, is he? :o

HE IS IGNORING TERRORISM RIGHT NOW.

IF HE WASN'T, HE WOULD BE CHASING O. BIN LADEN AND THE ANTHRAX TERRORISTS.

THE WAR IN IRAQ WAS/IS ABOUT OIL AND THE CONTROL OF THE MIDDLE-EAST. AND IT HAS MORE TO DO WITH PUBLIC RELATIONS THAN EFFECTIVELY FIGHTING TERROR.

SADDAM WAS A BAD GUY, NO DOUBT ABOUT IT. BUT HE WAS NEITHER A TERRORIST NOR A DONOR FOR ANY TERRORIST ORGANISATIONS.

NOTHING HAS BEEN DONE TO IMPROVE HOMELAND SECURITY (JUST SOME BLAH BLAH BLAH TO IMPRESS FOX NEWS VIEWERS AND MAKE THEM BELIEVE THAT THE PRESIDENT CARES ABOUT HIS FELLOW CITIZENS)

I DON'T SEE MUCH POLICE WORK EITHER AND THAT'S A SHAME BECAUSE THANKS TO IT YOU CAUGHT SOME PROMINENT AL-QAEDA FIGHTERS IN PAKISTAN. POLICE WORK IS THE MOST EFFICIENT WAY TO GET THE BAD GUYS.

WAR IS NOT (HOW MANY AL-QAEDA LEADERS DID YOU CATCH IN AFGHANISTAN AND IRAQ: NONE). WAR JUST HELPS THE TERRORISTS TO RECRUIT MORE KILLERS.

YOUR PRESIDENT IS SHORTSIGHTED (OR MANIPULATED). ANYWAY HE IS NOT A PRESIDENT I WOULD BE PROUD OF IF I WAS AN AMERICAN.

pepe, my little burrito, across the Rio Grande, when we type, we use the small letters also. It makes all your left-wing lies and blatant propaganda easier to read.

Hablo un poco espanol porque mi abuela era del Sur de Espagna pero no soy espanol, soy frances, cabeza de burro.

pepe, my little burrito, across the Rio Grande, when we type, we use the small letters also. It makes all your left-wing lies and blatant propaganda easier to read.

Hablo un poco espanol porque mi abuela era del Sur de Espagna pero no soy espanol, soy frances, cabeza de burro.

Enchelada, Dorritos. Rio dey janero hablas yanqui amigo! Carnitas, loco Guacemole!

OK Pepe--so you're not Spanish or Mexican. So you are French. Big deal...

What has your country done to curb terrorism?

That's the only thing YOU need to be thinking about. Don't you worry your fuzzy little head one bit about us, we'll do fine without your musings. You just worry about what YOUR country is doing, and us Americans will take care of our business.

...and that goes for all the rest of you here, sitting in other parts of the world, sipping on a Singha, ranting and raving about the U.S.

GET A LIFE and MIND YOUR OWN AFFAIRS, I say!

What has your country done to curb terrorism?

France has been known to allow terrorists to cross freely over it's borders in order to be spared atrocities on its territory. France co-operated with Saddam Hussien and provided blank French passports for his main torturers and henchmen to flee the country. Many in the French Government are cowards and surrender monkeys!

To French people who read the above. Now you know how Americans feel, when we have to read all the smears on our country.

Right. But G-P, don't you see? That's why almost no one here wants to say what country they're from, because they know that then they'd have to put up with what us Americans have to put up with all the time--constant haranguing about our country, the current administration, why we don't do this, why do we do that, etc., etc., etc.. It has gotten old (a LONG time ago) but they apparently are freakin' obsessed with us! Why? I have no idea. But there's always someone.. if not Butterfly, then it's some other kook.

For me, I'd much prefer just to go about my business, not discuss politics, have a simple life and mind my own business.

But I'm not going to just sit idly by, while someone bad-mouths my country all the time. I just won't! ..And I don't think anyone else here would either (like Pepe, Plachon, Singa-Trez, ad jan or the Gent). No, they wouldn't like it if we did that to them, I'm sure. Not that I'd have any interest in picking on them anyway, to be honest with you.

In the 80's, France (Paris) was bombed more than once and you know why ?

Because we deserved it.

Do you know why you were targetted on 9-11 ?

Because you also deserved it. You have been pissing off the whole world for decades. 9-11 was payday.

It's a shame that you didn't learn any humility from this sad experience.

At least you've learnt what it is to be the victim. You have learnt that there's a real world out there, beyond your borders. No I'm dreaming, you haven't learnt anything. You're still on cloud 9. You will never understand.

plachon, you are rather a dim bulb. He isn't ignoring Terrorism NOW, is he? :D

You're not such a bright spark yourself Georgie. :D No, he's not ignoring terrorism now, quite the opposite, he's provoking it and upping the ante. His little "war on terror" is like poking a stick in a dozen wasps nest and expecting nobody's going to get stung. Most of the wasps were pretty peaceable creatures going about their business 'til they got that stick in their abdomen. In fact, the two Georgie boys are birds of a feather. They just don't get the obvious. Why don't you try running for office with your namesake Sparkie? :o

In the 80's, France (Paris) was bombed and you know why ?

Because we deserved it.

Do you know why you were targetted on 9-11 ?

Because you also deserved it.  ...You will never understand.

You are right. I will never understand.

What you say here tells us everything that we need to know about you two. Innocent people "deserve" to be killed because you don't agree with their Government's policies. Underneath all your lefty excuses, rhetoric and bullshit lies the truth. You support terrorism against men, women, children and babies. You should be ashamed.

Pepe~

You think we deserved it? You think France deserved it in the '80s as well? Sounds like a sociopath to me. Victims deserve it for whatever wrong or unpopular thing they have done. Following that thread of logic, Iraq deserved it, so did Afghanistan. Heck, everbody deserves it, just a matter of when "it" arrives. And who gets to deliver "it".

Canada will deserve it at some point, so will Sweden, and of course, Portugal will have to get theirs too. Somebody needs to smack Lichtenstein around as well. New Zealand probably ranks right up there for deserving it, but they do seem to get theirs regularly from the Aussies, so we'll let that one slide for a bit.

I think Madagascar is due for the short list, and how about scheduling a well deserved comeuppance for Easter Island. Oops, I guess they got theirs already, didn't they?

Actually how about you go pay pennance for whatever wrongs you have done, are doing, or might do in the future and let the rest of us get on with our lives, pepe.

I've got too many family members that got buried over in France and Belgium keeping your butt free the way it is. Of course, those guys didn't realize at the time that you probably deserved it, and they really shouldn't have interfered.

Jeepz

Pepe - you're a "cabaca da pica" & if your ever saw the movie "Red Dawn" you'll know your fate when you cross the Rio Grande.

Between Europe and America, there's some water. At least you know that.

But It's called the Atlantic Ocean not the Rio Grande. :D:D:D:o

Pepe~

You think we deserved it? You think France deserved it in the '80s as well? Sounds like a sociopath to me. Victims deserve it for whatever wrong or unpopular thing they have done. Following that thread of logic, Iraq deserved it, so did Afghanistan. Heck, everbody deserves it, just a matter of when "it" arrives. And who gets to deliver "it".

Canada will deserve it at some point, so will Sweden, and of course, Portugal will have to get theirs too. Somebody needs to smack Lichtenstein around as well. New Zealand probably ranks right up there for deserving it, but they do seem to get theirs regularly from the Aussies, so we'll let that one slide for a bit.

I think Madagascar is due for the short list, and how about scheduling a well deserved comeuppance for Easter Island. Oops, I guess they got theirs already, didn't they?

Actually how about you go pay pennance for whatever wrongs you have done, are doing, or might do in the future and let the rest of us get on with our lives, pepe.

I've got too many family members that got buried over in France and Belgium keeping your butt free the way it is. Of course, those guys didn't realize at the time that you probably deserved it, and they really shouldn't have interfered.

Jeepz

Thank you Jeepz. A little plain truth for a change! :o

US troops are stationed all over the world. I don't remember the exact number but it must be in something like 120 countries. Don't you understand that this military presence humiliate and upset the locals. Don't you understand that this new form of colonialism is what creates terrorism. Your contempt, your arrogance and your ignorance have created the monsters.

(This is more than plain rhetoric: Bin Laden used to work for the CIA)

So did the Pentagon deserved to be targetted ? Obviously yes (there were no innocent people in that building).

By the way, a few words about the innocent people: When the victims are Americans, they are innocent people. But when they are Iraqis or Afghans , they are just necessary collateral damages. It's obvious that for you the life of an Arab is not worth the life of a wasp.

You want peace ? I give you a clue to achieve it: BRING ALL THE TROOPS STATIONED ABROAD BACK HOME.

( I don't understand what WW2 and the war in Iraq have in common. please explain)